Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mistybear11

Yourself and your Home

mistybear11
19 years ago

Okay this is the second time I have the read the request of posting pictures so I will start this thread and others can follow if they wish. This way we can associate the house with the face and maybe be able to remember them together, or at least it may help me. I will post my pictures later you go ahead and start. Linda

Comments (68)

• cattknap
    19 years ago

Here are a couple of pictures of DH and me.

Here is a link that might be useful: Paul & Cathy

• Sue0661
    19 years ago

Hi all, I have enjoyed reading your posts and viewing your beautiful homes! I am a decorating nut- currently trying to find a paint color for kitchen and family room, as well as putting hardwood floors in. Just in the planning stages.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sue's home in progress

• User
    18 years ago

I'm bumping this up, in light of the new thread in Conversations.

• tryingagain
    18 years ago

Monablair,

Your home is lovely. You have a flair for classic, elegant decor. I am looking for the same chair style as in your sunroom. What do you call them? What kind of places should I look?

Thanks!

• texasbet
    18 years ago

Oh sure. Ya think I'm gonna post my mug here after seeing all you gorgeous gals? NOT! hehe.

• DruidClark
    18 years ago

Mona,
    Love your paint colors. What's the color in your upstairs bath? Love it.

Thanks,

Druid

• ang76
    18 years ago

I don't have a house pics page yet, or many recent pics, but here's DH and I a few years ago, and last weekend, enjoying our favorite weekend activity.

{{gwi:1537776}}{{gwi:1537777}}

• colormeconfused
    18 years ago

Druid, I don't know where Mona is (Mona, you out there?), but if her upstairs bath is green, it's Benjamin Moore Olive Branch. Mona inspired me to paint my master bath in this color, and we love it.

• yborgal
    18 years ago

For some reason, I haven't been coming to the Gallery. I've been everywhere else, though.
    CMC is right, the green is Olive Branch and it's the same green you see throughout the house in various rooms. I love it! And it looks gorgeous in CMC's home,too.
    As far as the chairs, if you're talking about the 2 armless folding caned chairs..they're from the '50's and I don't know where you'd find others. If it's the single chair in the corner, that one is also from the '50's but I've seen similar ones in the Broyhill furniture line.
    I need to make sure I check in more often. Thanks for asking about our home.

• DruidClark
    18 years ago

Thanks so much for the inspiration. I love the green. Thanks again, Mona, it's beautiful.

Can someone tell me how to copy in pics? Tried opening in a photo software, copying, but then I don't get a paste function here.

Thanks.

SDC

• dayenu
    18 years ago

here I am being me
    {{gwi:1537778}}

Diana

• dayenu
    18 years ago

sorry

{{gwi:1537779}}

• mrsmarv
    18 years ago

Here we are. This was taken about 1 1/2 years ago at our cousin's surprise 60th birthday party.
    Nora

• User
    18 years ago

Here's my younger sister (left), Mom (center) and me at my mother's surprise 70th birthday party last September. I've posted enough pictures of my house, don't want to become a bore.
    {{gwi:1537781}}
    My sister and I (and our other sister and brother and all the grandkids) were dressed identically because we did a musical number at the party--everyone had just enough wine in them to find it hilarious. Great party.

• yborgal
    18 years ago

Bump

• redbazel
    18 years ago

This picture is two years old, but it's all I've got online.

• susans02
    18 years ago

Here's our Christmas photo - me and all my guys

{{gwi:1537783}}

• bldgis4thebirds
    18 years ago

My beautiful daughter and myself.

{{gwi:1537784}}

My home

{{gwi:1537785}}

My poor husband always painting

{{gwi:1537786}}

and My VERY HANDSOME son (this was done by a face painter for an Adoption party)....

{{gwi:1537787}}

• fuzzyslippers
    18 years ago

Y'all are all so pretty!! ;o)

Susan and Bldg, your kiddos are precious!

• dixiedo
    18 years ago

Here is the big, happy family!

{{gwi:1537788}}

• spanky_md
    18 years ago

Ooh, fun!

Here is me 'n' hubby:

{{gwi:1537789}}

And here is our lovely abode which has since had a paint job and a new roof! It looks so much better than this. The front door is now a deep red and the roof is not all stained! The landscaping still looks awful, though.

{{gwi:1537790}}

• lizh
    18 years ago

Here's DH and I at my son and DIL's new house this Christmas. I will post pics of new house soon I hope!

Here is a link that might be useful:

• IdaClaire
    18 years ago

C'mon, fuzzy! Where's your pic? You can't excape that easily girl! ;-)

• Argye
    18 years ago

We bought a brand new house this week. Here are the first photos.

On inspection day: the builder painted everything painted white on white
    {{gwi:1537791}}
    My first gas stove - what's that?
    {{gwi:1537792}}

• jillypie
    18 years ago

Manyhosta,
    What a wonderful garden- the trees , the vistas, the closeups! I'm leaving mybeautiful garden behind in NY next summer. I wish I had such good pictures. I added yours to my favorites.
    Sue0661, loved your garden and kitties too.

• lorinscott_1
    18 years ago

This is Scott and I this last Christmas. Our new kitchen is the backdrop.....

• alisande
    18 years ago

This thread is getting a little old...but then, so am I. :-)

Here I am not too long ago, and here is my house. (The tall skinny thing in the winter shot is a sunflower.)

Susan

• yborgal
    18 years ago

Susan, your home is charming..just as you are.
    A while back you (I think it was you) spoke about moving a laundry area either down to a basement or up to a window alcove. What did you finally do?

• alisande
    18 years ago

How nice, Mona, thank you. I decided to leave the laundry machines in the basement for now, but to also leave the hook-up where it is upstairs in case it's needed later.

• southernheart
    17 years ago

I have loved looking at this thread, and getting to know everyone here. It is so nice to be able to put faces (and homes!) with names. What a lovely, wonderful group...

Here is a fairly recent photo with my niece, and my home (a work in progress, as you can see from the paint swatch...).

~Andrea

{{gwi:1537796}}

{{gwi:1537797}}

• kathypass
    17 years ago

Love seeing everyones pics! It's nice to put a face to the names. Mine is, unfortunately, from last year on my 20th anniv. cruise. I have long side bangs now; usually I'm the one taking the pictures, but I guess I should get an update! LOL!

• ranaeluvstexas
    17 years ago

This is me about 4 years ago at my old house but I pretty much look the same especially right now that my hair is finally back to this length- yay!!

This is our new Texas house taken when we found it while house hunting. The yard looks much better now.

{{gwi:1537800}}

• reno_fan
    17 years ago

(((((Waving wildly))))) Here I am!

And here are some shots of always-under-construction house:

Living Room:

Dining room when we bought the house:

Dining Room before new upholstery and trim paint:
    {{gwi:1537805}}

Bathroom redo:
    {{gwi:1537807}}

Office:
    {{gwi:1537809}}

Kitchen Before:

and after:
    {{gwi:1537811}}
    {{gwi:1537812}}

{{gwi:1537814}}

• jesemy
    17 years ago

Hi Steph,
    I emailed you with some kitchen questions last fall and you were so gracious to reply. Thanks for letting me bug you!

Your house is gorgeous! Did you do the transformation yourself?

Nancy

• yborgal
    17 years ago

Bump

• mitchdesj
    17 years ago

wow, Mona, good idea; even if it's 2 years old, the thread still could have a long life, thanks for doing that, I had forgotten about it completely !!
    My link is still active.

• georgiagal
    17 years ago

I'll add my pic & link too!

Here is a link that might be useful: GeorgiaGal's Home Pics in Birmingham

• chickencollecter
    17 years ago

I'm new here and just found this link. I've never even lurked around this site...mostly in the garden junk forum.

Here's a picture of DH and I..if I'm lucky!:)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/tootsierose/pictures/DavidRachel2Sept.png

This is a couple years old, but we look pretty much the same.

The link for our home is below. These are all the pictures of our house that I have on line. Needless to say, I'm a shabby chic kinda person...and a chicken collector as well.

Be Safe, Rach

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo Bucket

• perky_2
    17 years ago

bump

• yborgal
    16 years ago

bump

• athoele
    16 years ago

Im Angie and the smaller version of me, is my daughter Madison.

• yborgal
    16 years ago

bump

• chicoryflower
    16 years ago

Here's me and my house! : )

Living room

& Chicoryflower (the picture is from just before Christmas, I think).

It's a little blurry - I think my battery was running low. It's probably better that way, anyhow.
    -Eva

• yborgal
    15 years ago

bump

• mitchdesj
    15 years ago

mona, for some reason I clicked on Gallery this morning, lo and behold I came upon this wonderful thread; there are still a lot of active pictures and links.

As an update, the house I linked to above was sold as of september 14, 08, no longer is our, we had it for more than 7 years.
    Most of the things in it are in storage or in my new condo.

• yborgal
    15 years ago

mitch, will you be posting pics of your new condo? I'm eager to see what you've done with your "new digs".

Also, I never saw any comments about your hand surgery. All went well, I hope.

• yborgal
    14 years ago

bump

• yborgal
    14 years ago

older thread but still worthwhile

• nicole__
    14 years ago

Me, walking down a spiral staircase:

My master bedroom,I'm working on this room currently, which needs curtains over the miniblinds next......{{gwi:1537820}}
    Here's my new mantle scape & reupholstered benches, still working on the rest of the livingroom decorating...
    {{gwi:1537821}}

• mitchdesj
    12 years ago

I'm going to bump this up to see if it appears again.