Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
allison0704_gw

New Laundry Room

allison0704
18 years ago

I love the way I decorated my laundry room and wanted to share with you all. We moved in on the 29th. I'll post picutres of the kitchen in a few weeks. It's not finished yet. The distressing and glazing will be done soon...I hope!

W/D: Bosch Axxis

Countertop: Golden Leaf Granite

Flooring: Travertine

Backsplash: Copper Sheeting

Sink: 30" copper sink for www.thesinkworks.com

Faucet: Purchased from Tivoli faucets on ebay

Cabinets: Jim Bishop Cabinetry

Light: 2 in room by Progress Lighting (seeded glass)

Paint: Farrow & Ball "French Grey" (not minty in person)

The light is reflecting off the copper onto the walls. Doesn't appear this "bright" in person.

{{gwi:1537715}}

{{gwi:1537716}}

Comments (26)

• Barbara Olson
    18 years ago

It's Gorgeous! I love the sink!!!

• fuzzyslippers
    18 years ago

Congratulations on your new home, Allison!
    I love your copper sink..you lucky girl. If my laundry room was that nice I might actually enjoy doing laundry! ;O

Can't wait to see more pics, thanks for sharing!

• allison0704
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks. I had the same sink in the old house kitchen and ordered this one for the new kitchen. DD wanted the V&B fireclay sink so this one ended up in the laundry room. I have its little sister in the coffee station.

I actually do love doing the laundry in this room! I love the w/d. It's the perfect size my loads. The cats and dog like watching it too. We have a full size w/d in the lower level. Couldn't have gotten these without them.

• Joiful
    18 years ago

Fabulous!! Love everything!

• hollygolightly
    18 years ago

This is fabulous!

• GoldCountry
    18 years ago

That's a Laundry Room? WOW! I could live in it . . . happily! LOL . . . and the copper!!! ohhhh

• hoosiergirl
    18 years ago

Your laundry room is nicer than my kitchen. Seriously. You lucky girl! Thanks for sharing!

• allison0704
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I think I'm spending too much time in there lately...

Thanks, hoosiergirl.

• colormeconfused
    18 years ago

I miss all the good stuff because I always forget to come over here on the gallery, and I just happened to pop in and see the laundry room. It's awesome.

Do you give Dubya a bath in there, Allison? After he's had a pig ear, I'm sure he might benefit from a little scrub.

And when do we get to see the rest of the new house? Huh? Huh?

• allison0704
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks, CMC! No, Dubya's too big to bathe in the sink. I'll let the girl at school give one to him every now and then.

New house pictures? In the not too distant future.

• CarolinaAnnie
    18 years ago

Wow, Allison, I absolutely love what you have done here. I'm in love with copper and have lots of it but never thought of having a copper blacksplash! How do you like it by now, do you have any trouble with water spots on it or do you have a sealer on it? And how is it affixed to the wall?

• allison0704
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you, Annie. We attached it to the wall using Liquid Nails and put a few screws at the top and bottom to hold until it dried. We removed the screws because they stuck out just enough to mess up the cabinets...which the copper is pretty thick and some adjustments are needed with the cabinets also, but not as much as the screws.

I did not put any sealer on it and started the patina by cleaning it. I wipe down with a damp sponge ever so often (not often enough) to keep it going also.

In my last house, we put copper panels on the refrig instead of panels to match the cabinetry. I took those out to the driveway and hosed off a couple of times to get them started. Much better than using a spray bottle once the panels are on the wall; spray bottles make more dot-like places and the water runs when it's already attached to the wall...but it will all blend in together eventually.

I had a sink exactly like this one in my last kitchen and let it patina, just cleaning it with SoftScrub or baking soda.

We have one copper backsplash in our kitchen but the kitchen isn't finished yet so I haven't posted any photos. Cabinets still waiting on distressing/glazing guy. Our hood is also covered in copper as is our chimney outside and chimney cap. Even the powder room ceiling is covered in a copper panel and has cedar beams like the rest of the house. It's really neat looking with the beams.

We get the copper sheets from our HVAC guy. He's the one that made the hood and the chimney sides/cover. fyi: The price of the copper sheets has doubled since we started construction last December.

• CarolinaAnnie
    18 years ago

Thanks for all the information Allison. I'm definitely going to try the copper sheeting for a backsplash. I was going to tile it, mainly white with some delft tiles I have mixed in, but I like the copper even better. Can't wait to see your kitchen pics, I'm sure it will be lovely. And your copper chimney cap sounds great too. We have swallows in our chimney and definitely decided to get a cap this year. Any chance of posting a picture of that too?

• allison0704
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Try this link to see outside photos.

Here is a link that might be useful: New House Photos

• CarolinaAnnie
    18 years ago

Lovely, very, very nice. Thanks for taking time to give me all the information.

• allison0704
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you very much and you're more than welcome.

• Coppergirl
    18 years ago

What a wonderful laundry room!! You did a great job.

• allison0704
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks, coppergirl.

• maryz4
    18 years ago

Allison, I just viewed all your pictures. Your home is beautiful, inside and out. The laundry room looks like a handy room to work in. So much great storage. The outside of your home is so elegant looking and so inviting. I love your surrounding land and view. You are a lucky lady.

• allison0704
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you, mary. It still feels like I'm on vacation everyday...even when there is laundry or vacuuming to do!

• teacats
    18 years ago

GORGEOUS laundry room -- and you whole home is really lovely -- looks like pages from a magazine!!! (like Veranda or Southern Accents) So warm and gracious and welcoming!!

Can't wait to see more pictures!!! :)

• allison0704
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks, Teacats! Below is the link to my kitchen, if you're interested.

Here is a link that might be useful: Allison's Kitchen

• teacats
    18 years ago

I just posted on the Kitchens Forum -- but I repeat it here --- this home deserves to be in a magazine like Traditional Home, Veranda or Southern Accents -- what a beauty!!!!

• catkin
    18 years ago

red xs :(

• allison0704
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I emailed you the link. Let me know if you have any trouble.

• sunfeather
    16 years ago

I wish I could see the pics.