Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emagineer

Following post's update

emagineer
12 years ago

Am wondering if there is a way for us to know if one of the gallery threads are updated with new photos. I realized in trying to bump them up that it may have appeared the thread had a new post on it. I love looking at the threads, but am always hoping there is a new photo.

How can we do this?

Comments (4)

• emagineer
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Since this is working like the other unanswered threads...I'm doing exactly what the question was. Hoping this will go away by talking to myself.

• oceanna
    12 years ago

I seem to be the only one updating it, and I'm not here all the time any more. Anyone is welcome to add photos to any of my threads at any time, of course. As for me, I'm getting close to updating them again. As to when I do it? I dunno. When both the mood and the time hit me together, plus I've collected more (which is a many-days project). Sorry I can't give you anything better than that. It's not a paid job or anything. lol

• emagineer
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oceanna,
    I can't tell you how much your efforts are appreciated. Love the new and old. So many ideas which have wondered into my home because of you.

What I was trying to say was probably not clear. A bunch of posts will end up here that are not related to the gallery. To a point that they get mixed up with your threads. I went in one day and bumped up your galleries so those posts would move down and yours would be first up. It was close to a waste of time as more unrelated posts happened again.

So, what I was really asking was if my bumping your threads up made it appear that they had new additions. Sometimes I bump the unrelated just to get them to move down, but your wonderful galleries remain down also by doing this.

And the above probably doesn't make sense either. My main interest is to have your galleries stay at the top.

• oceanna
    12 years ago

Thanks, Emagineer! That's my desire too, and also the color threads. I would like to see the color and room threads stay "up top." My ceilings thread disappeared altogether, and I've never figured that one out. Unfortunately, people get lost and post stuff here that isn't Gallery" but belongs over on discussions. There is no way to stop that.

YES I appreciate anyone bumping my threads if they drift off to, like, the third page. I'd hate to see them get lost altogether. I think it would help if more people recommended them on the regular discussions board. I also think that one day GW will automatically declare them "full" and that will be the end of them. Not quite sure how that works. Anyone know?

Thank you for your enduring and endearing support!