I would love some input. We bought this house from a couple in their 70s. It has potential, but their decorating lacks.
The wood floors are very reddish and I think the way the have the house painted make them look so much more reddish...can't stand it.
I was going with a taupe....a taupe absent of yellowish, greenish and reddish hues. It's almost more a gray taupe...don't know how to explain.
Now i am questioning....will it look good with these floors? What color do you think would look good, but isn't too crazy. The house needs to be lightened up.
And this fireplace and oak built ins, I hate the way it looks. What should I do with it? Please pass on some ideas!
p.s. this is a picture i took when the people still lived there...we haven't moved in yet.
|Hi there, |
I would post this question in the Conversation area of Home Decorating forum where you will get some responses to help you.
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here