Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Whites and Off-whites

Posted by dlm2000 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 23, 10 at 23:12

Here ya go moonshadow - I can only help with the off-whites but maybe this will get things started.

This is Benjamin Moore Palace White with incandescent lighting
Photobucket

Palace White again but with only indirect daylight
Photobucket

I have Ben Moore French White in my master bath but for some reason can't find any pics - will try and get some taken tomorrow

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Whites and Off-whites

Oh thanks deb! I thought my other post fell flat on its face, lol. What direction does your dining room face, out of curiosity?

o

The dining room has one west and one north (the one with the clock) facing window - the front door also has a west window and that's the light you see coming in through the doorway. I REALLY like the color - it's light but not wussy and warm without making you think of a specific color. I worried about it working with yellow because all my transition areas (entry & halls) are a pale yellow but I think it works fine. I plan to paint my office/guest room the same thing unless it gets some weird undertone from the south facing windows.

o

Another shot from my MLS portfolio:-) Sherwin Williams Eggwhite Semigloss. The color is pretty accurate, it's a pretty clean yellow-white. I liked it a lot, would have loved it with less sheen (richer color) but we live the semigloss lifestyle! Trim is Valspar Swiss Coffee/Sawyer White.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here