Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rllowry_gw

Decorating Red Bathroom - Looking for Ideas

rllowry
17 years ago

I am looking for ideas and suggestions for decorating a bright red bathroom. The cabinets and fixtures are all bright white with silver. I am stuck!

Thanks for your ideas. They are appreciated!

Image link:

Comments (12)

• kathypass
    17 years ago

Did none of these suggestions tickle your fancy? You might want to post over on the Discussion side for more input.

Here is a link that might be useful: previous Red Bathroom thread

• ksriff99
    17 years ago

Don't know if this will help you any.....my bathroom is very small....it is a meduim red with bright white cabinets and trim....I used black, bright green (not really lime green....)

• rllowry
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I didn't care for the patriotic idea and then my husband wasn't a fan of the toile so I thought I'd start over.

Can you post pictures on the "discussions" page?

• kathypass
    17 years ago

Yes, you definitely can. In fact, a lot of people post and then are asked for pictures.

Good luck!

• ranchreno
    17 years ago

We're going with a Paris theme in our red powder room. We have white fixtures and antique nickel hardware. Planning on white half shutters on the window and a black/white toile valence. Paris prints/photos on the walls and some sort of white and black rug. Floor is oak hw. Window and door trim is white.

• ranchreno
    17 years ago

Here are some pics of the above-mentioned Paris powder room :-)

• laurmela
    17 years ago

I have a real small powder room we painted cranberry! My mom told my I was crazy, but I love it. Went with white accents and I mosaiced (sp) the countertop. I have silver accents.

Hope this works. I love the richness of the color. I still need to change out the door to open out instead of in.

HTH

Laura

Here is a link that might be useful: shutterfly

• nhb22
    17 years ago

Here are pics from my red bathroom.

{{gwi:1537494}}

• patricianat
    17 years ago

Red bathrooms look very good with wood and granite. This is my favorite place for granite. This is where it really earns its keep as far as design. I love your bathroom NewHomeBuilder. I have had a bathroom but I had vanity painted a browned down white with the gold (or brass) fixtures, whatever they are, which I liked but I do love the wood and granite with red. The rich colors and richness of wood and granite just work together so well. Now, I am just not fond of granite in my kitchen but have seen it in some that I liked. Just something about it that makes the kitchen look like I have to work to keep it perfect and not cook, just sit and admire it.

• ranchreno
    17 years ago

Lauraella,

LOVE your mosaic vanity top! How creative and the colors are awesome. Great job!

• Gaby872011_live_com
    13 years ago

We just bought a ne home the cabinets are dark brown the marble countertop is white my sister gaved me a set of red matts with gold circles on it, but is not a bright red is a little bit more dark red can somebody give some ideas of how to decorate my bathroom

• oceanna
    13 years ago

Gaby, your question would be better asked on the Discussions side. I hope you ask over there.

This is the Gallery -- you know, like picture gallery? You will find many inspiration photos in the Bathrooms thread here, though, which you can find by closing this thread.