Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Help Choosing a Gold Wall Paint Color

Posted by gagesgranny (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 23, 06 at 8:46

With all of the beautiful gold paint colors out today---how do you choose? I am looking for a warm gold color not yellow that works with dark reds----can anyone help me? Would love to see your gold room pictures. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Help Choosing a Gold Wall Paint Color

SW Blonde and SW Restrained Gold .... see SW Blonde on a posting that has subject "Difference between SW Blonde and Restrained Gold?".

I found that posting from Google search on Restrained Gold.

o

Stuart Gold? Bryant Gold? (BM paints)

o

Here's SW restrained gold with rust wall:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

Let me offer this option: Wilmington Tan from Ben Moore.

o

Here is SW Blonde with a dark red from BM "Hot Apple Spice". Works really well together. Looks a little darker on the monitor but is really a pretty med. gold.

o

We used SW Convivial Gold and Sequin in rooms with brick red accents and adjacent to a powder room done in SW Bold Brick. In the realm of golds, they lean more towards the yellow than the brown/tan, but definitely not true yellows.

o

I have SW restrained gold in the DR & blonde in the back hallway , Craftroom & laundry room. Link below if you wanna peek........Bonnie

Here is a link that might be useful: Bonnie's

o

Here some info that might be useful when choosing decor color.. It from the site www.mediterranean-lifestyles.com

...Your preferred hue will be an ideal point of departure. Pick up a color wheel at any craft store, and use it to find a shade that will compliment your favorite color. Begin by determining to which color family your preferred color belongs, in other words whether it is a primary, secondary, or tertiary color. While the primary are the hues red, blue, and yellow, and the secondary are orange, green, and purple, tertiary colors are the shades turquoise, lime, gold, carnelian, plum, and cobalt. Combine colors that belong to the same color family for a look that is fabulously put together. When working with tertiary colors, select any three colors that sit at equal distances from each other on the color wheel. Soften the look by using varying intensities of your chosen colors. For example, walls can be painted a neutral, but they may also be tinted a pale gold, or some other light version of a color in your scheme.

Here is a link that might be useful: Decorating with Color: 5 Tips for choosing decor color

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here