Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_smallhome

Okay ladies, you wanted green,

organic_smallhome
15 years ago

so we're going with green, the one of the far right (BM Affinity "Spa"):

Close-Up:

I also bought six samples of F&B colors. "French Gray" was too dark, as was "Vert de Terre" (although we liked both colors very much). We liked the "Green Ground," then realized it was almost the same color as "Spa." On another note: I discovered this wonderful paint store 8 minutes from my house--in Lexington--that carries BM, CP AND F&B, and they were extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I am very grateful. :)

Now, Patricia, if you come on this thread and tell me that this color will make my cherry desk look "anemic," I'm gonna' have to smack you. :)

Any and all critiques welcome.

Comments (10)

• mhillgal
    15 years ago

It think that it looks beautiful with both your sofa and furniture. Can you show the color next to your lovely new rug?

• squirrelheaven
    15 years ago

I think it's too yellow of a green (: X

• patricianat
    15 years ago

I like the third from the left or second from the right (same color). Greens and golds are good with cherry, no beiges, no real pastels. Your cherry is beautiful. Now I am going to run before you smack me. :) I think that baby turtle (just from what I saw on Redbazel's posts) would look good and I would love the Sawdust from Sherwin Williams. I have it in my bedroom which has cherry furniture.

• parma42
    15 years ago

I love the F&B but would like to see it next to your rug.

Of course, I think that you could throw any of their colors into a barrel, close your eyes and draw one, and it would be beautiful.

You are lucky to have a store that carries their brand of paint. I'm a big F&B fan.

• organic_smallhome
    Original Author
    15 years ago

patricia: In the end, those other greens looked too institutional--they weren't very "interesting." I don't have a SW near me, and frankly, I've already spent $80 on samples, etc., and I HAVE to decide. I love baby turtle, but it's way too much green for this little room, I think. :)

I tried to take pics next to the rug, but they aren't coming out. :(

• organic_smallhome
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Can we move the responses over to the "Discussions" thread? I've made a mess of things, and I don't want folks to have to run back and forth between threads. I really appreciate the responses, because you are all very helpful.

• patricianat
    15 years ago

I don't know if you can move them, maybe someone smart enough to use a camera (not me) can do it. LOL. You know if I can't work a digital camera or keep a frameless shower door working, I cannot move this to another "forum."

P.S. You are NOT an idiot. You are a very bright person, very intelligent and have elegant taste, the reason it is so hard for you to "settle" for something you do not really love.

I just a picture of wood with "builder beige" (what someone referred to my French taupe color) and I think it is lovely.

I cannot get the darn think to post even using the rules.

• organic_smallhome
    Original Author
    15 years ago

See, patricia, this is why I always go for neutral. I'm just no good at picking out colors. I'm going to dinner, and then I'll try one more time with another post--over on the Discussions side. Thank you very much for your kindness.

• brutuses
    15 years ago

Organic, I'm confused, yes again. Have you decided on a color or still looking for suggestions, inspiration? Also, where is this thread suppose to be, discussions, gallery, somewhere else?

• brutuses
    15 years ago

OK OS, I figured it out. Are you still looking for greens?