Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are white walls out?

Posted by mariposatraicionera (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 4, 08 at 0:28

I have been looking through some of the pics here and seeing lots of lovely "colours" but barely any white walls.

Would you believe that I am sick, sick, sick of colour in my house and would like to go back to white? Not a plain old ugly white, but surely there are nice whites? What about a very light gray (just a hint)?

Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are white walls out?

Mari,
I am feeling the same way. Am really tired of beige everything and ready to repaint in white. I do love color though and need it around me. Maybe it is the beige thing that is bothering me. Most of the catalogs are showing white walls, so we can't be far off.

o

Mari,
There is nothing wrong with white. Try BM Dove White. It'a a grayish white. Very pretty. I used it with RH Graphite which is a gray.

I use a hair of color in my main living spaces.

o

White could never go out of style. I bet more people still have white walls than colored ones. After decades of white, I finally broke down and did color. But with lots of white trim. I know lots of people are using softer versions of the wall color for their trim but I love the crisp look of white and couldn't give it up completely.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here