Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fab40_gw

New Home Photos

fab40
17 years ago

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your photos, ideas, and suggestions on this forum. My husband and I referred to them often when building our home. Here are some photos (hopefully I have done this correctly) - we have been in for about 6 months.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fab40's New Home Photos

Comments (29)

• ctremodler
    17 years ago

Fab40:

Fantastic home you have created! I am envious of your quilting room!

• homemadecountrylife
    17 years ago

Fab40,

I am so Envious of your Absolutely Stunning Home! :) I both admire and think you have great taste! Everything you picked is exactly what I would have if I were to build :) I enjoyed pics of all your rooms and love the wide open land you have. I live in the desert in California..boohoo!
    Have a nice day and enjoy your lovely,lovely home :)

~ Amanda

• susan209
    17 years ago

Your home and decorating are magnificent, my taste to a 'T'. I hope you and your family are enjoying every minute in your new home. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics.

• sedeno77
    17 years ago

I love everything about your house. The colors are wonderful and I like how you painted the ceilings. What a great looking house to live in. I also wanted a porch like that looking at the mountains. Enjoy your beautiful new home. Now give us the juicy details: colors, etc.
    PS - I painted my kitchen and family restrained gold and it looks awesome. Thanks for sharing your home with us.

• valzone5
    17 years ago

I'm getting a message that the albums are empty :O( I really want to see!

• fab40
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Valzone5 - Hmmmmm, I'm not sure why you are getting that message. I just tried the link and didn't have any problems. Maybe someone else here has some suggestions - I'm just learning this process.

• yborgal
    17 years ago

If I click on the thumbnails I can see an enlarged picture. If I click on the word description of the room I get an "Empty Album" message as well.

• fab40
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks monablair! Definitely user error on my part. I think the photos are viewable now. Sorry!

• valzone5
    17 years ago

I got it!! (for some reason the link on the main dec board worked for me). I don't know what to say besides **Perfection** !!! I love your home - it's absolutely beautiful and if I could have a home of my dreams - yours would be exactly it. Love the ceilings (if someone had of described them to me w/o showing pictures, I would have screwed up my nose), love the staircase in the kitchen, love all the nooks & crannies, love the doors & doorways, love the mouldings, love the colors & the decorating, love it all. And I guess I didn't have a problem coming up with something to say :O)

• amyzboyz3
    17 years ago

Would you share your paint colors? They are beautiful!!

• fab40
    Original Author
    17 years ago

amyzboyz3 - Thank you! Here are the colors I used:

Exterior:
    Hardiplank Monterey Taupe (it really is a mossy green)
    Shutters - BM Gloucester Sage
    Front Door - Martin Senour Palace Arms Red
    Interior:
    Great Room/Hallways/Sewing Room/Foyer/Mud Room - EK 1/2 strength Camelhair

Kitchen/Keeping Room/Dining Room - EK full strength Camelhair

Powder Room - EK Edgewood Green with EK Berry Red on ceiling

Master Bedroom - Restoration Hardware Cappucino on walls and ceiling

Master Bath - Restoration Hardware Silver Sage on walls and Cappucino on ceiling

Second Floor Rec Room - EK Edgewood Green

Second Floor Bedroom #1 - Restoration Hardware Latte on walls and RL Chatsworth Blue on ceiling

All of the trim is McCormick Moonmist excpet in the bathrooms where we used BM White Dove

• cliff_and_joann
    17 years ago

Very beautiful home. You did a great job.
    Joann

• robin1916
    17 years ago

Hi Fab40,

I hope you have elected to receive notification when someone replies to your posts because I have several questions. First, your house is just lovely! Exactly the look and feel I am striving for in my house. Your colors are very similar.

My questions:
    I noticed that the ceilings are white beadboard. How high are your ceilings and is the beadboard nailed directly to the ceilings joists or to sheetrock? My plan was to remove the popcorn ceiling, but the thought of having to smooth out any imperfections has kept me from doing so. Beadboard would be a perfect solution. Paint it and then put it up!

The quilt over the fireplace is beautiful. I love the colros. Are you a quilter and did you make it? It looks like it could be either a flying geese pattern or perhaps half square triangles. Do you know?

Again your home is just lovely! I should only hope that when we are finished painting and remodeling that our home comes even close.

Robin

• mdasay
    17 years ago

Quick question: Is the red on the ceiling flat sheen? Satin? Eggshell? I have a very similar 1/2 bath setup and I love the look of the red ceiling - totally unexpected and awesome. Same goes for the blue in the bedroom on the ceiling - never seen it done before (not that I have looked that often).

Also, very nice treatment on the fireplace stone and mantle. Saw something very similar in my wife's Arch. Digest and thought it looked very rich and inviting.

Congrats on a beautiful home.

• fab40
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Robin11034 - Thank you very much for you nice comments! The beadboard is nailed directly to the joists. Most of the ceilings are 9 feet, but the great room is vaulted to 18 feet at it's highest point. Also, I am a quilter (a fairly new one) but I purchased the quilt over the fireplace before I was a quilter. It is made with half-square triangles. I will add a close-up photo of it to my album so you can see it a little better. The person who quilted it did a beautiful job!

Utahman - The red on the powder room ceiling is Ellen Kennon (ICI Dulux) velvet sheen. It does have three coats, but I probably could have gotten by with two. It was very nice to work with.

Thank you for the compliement on the fireplace and mantle, however, I cannot take credit for the design. It is something that I saw in a photo and tried to re-create. We were lucky enough to meet a very talented craftsman who customized the mantle for us (and also made our built-ins and installed our hardwood flooring and tile).

This was the first time I have posted to the gallery and I think I could have done a better job. I ended up answering most of the questions on the discussion side. If you have any more questions I would be happy to list more detail here in the gallery.

• robin1916
    17 years ago

Fab40,

Thank you for the information on the ceiling and the quilt. Our ceilings are only 8' so I'm not sure that I could talk dh into the beadboard. If we painted them white I don't see what the difference would be ... white popcor ... white beadboard.

Coincidentally I just ran across a quilt that looks very similar to the one over your fireplace. The quilt was titled "Sailing on a Sea of Ocean Waves." Here is a link to that quilt.

http://quiltville.com/oceanwaves.shtml

I did a quick google and found a block titled Ocean Waves. Here is a link to it.

http://www.quilterscache.com/M_O/OceanWavesBlock.html

Since this pattern is done in two colors you may not recognize it, but I do believe that it is the block used in your quilt.

Thank you again for the information and enjoy your beautful home!

Robin

• Amazngraece
    17 years ago

Wow! I wann live there! Where areyou located? Another dry desert CA girl wishing for green...(I'm from HI, but fell in love with a CA boy, 20 years..haven't gotten used to it here!)

Your home is exquisite, love the feel of it, and that hall to dining pic thru the arch is just too perfect great light, with kitty in the window (-did you put him there, or did he follow you around I saw him in the foyer, too)?

• fab40
    Original Author
    17 years ago

robin11034 - Thank you so much for the link to the quilt. I do think that is the same pattern. Also, for what it's worth, I think beadboard on an 8' ceiling would be fabulous!! I hope you can talk your husband into it.

amazngraece - Thank you! We are located in Maryland. I didn't stage the kitty in the picture of the dining room - she just followed me around the house as I was taking photos :)

• teacats
    17 years ago

Wow!!!! What a gorgeous home -- truly charming!! :)

• IdaClaire
    17 years ago

Oh wow! Your home is fabulous -- it has loads of character and personality! I too wanna live there! :-)

• elljays
    17 years ago

You have a beautiful home! Are the kitchen countertops soapstone, or honed granite? Or something else? It's all pulled together so nicely....beautiful job!

• fab40
    Original Author
    17 years ago

teacats and auntjen - thank you very much for your very nice comments!

elljays - The kitchen counters are soapstone from M. Teixeira. They are Santa Rita. Thanks a bunch for your compliment!

• demifloyd
    17 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed the tour of your home. You did a great job with material choices and the feel is consistent throughout the house--it has wonderful flow and I especially like that you incorporated some unique features and yet escaped the "new house" look. (Not that there's anything wrong with that!) Well done and I hope you enjoy many happy years there!

• serend1p1ty
    17 years ago

Hmmmm....that house is gorgeous, I like what you have done throughtout, and thanks for posting those pics, it sure gave me some inspirations.

Long live and prosperity in the house.

• flowerpower1
    17 years ago

your home is beautiful. im in the process of doing my bedroom also ,i love your cappucino colour who is it from.I see you did the ceiling also in that colour does that not make room seem smaller

• fab40
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi flowerpower1 - Thank you so much. The cappucino in the master bedroom is made by Restoration Hardware. If you don't have one in your area you can check out their website. I don't think the room looks any smaller with the ceiling painted. I've painted several of my ceilings and really have fun with it. If you do a search for "painted ceilings" on the forum side, you may get to see some others. I recall there were a couple of threads on that topic in the past. Good luck with your bedroom project - I hope you share photos!

• building_in_maine
    17 years ago

WOW WOW WOW WOW....absolutely stunning! I can't say enough.
    I think my favorite room in your house is the master bedroom and the bath with the red ceiling. Your woodwork is outstanding too!
    Please tell me where you got your bedding in the master bedroom? It's gorgeous!
    Thanks

• fab40
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi building in maine - Thank you for your nice compliments. I still have to chuckle about the red ceiling in the powder room. It's my husband's least favorite part of our home - he really thought I'd lost my marbles when I did that :)

The bedding in our master bedroom is from Restoration Hardware. They still have it in their catalog and have since added some new colors as well.

Are you currently "building in maine" as your name suggests?

• Shelly
    16 years ago

I would love to see your photos but photobucket is asking me for a password.

Thanks!