Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jgdsss

White vs off white walls/baseboards

jgdsss
10 years ago

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. We just moved into a new home and our walls are white..,,at least I thought they were white. I now realize that Pearl, a custom SW color is more of an off white....this is on the walls, doors, ceilings and baseboards.

It actually looks ok as we have medium wood floors throughout but I did white tile in the bathrooms and now I'm really seeing how NOT white the paint is. My challenge is trying to figure out what colors to paint several walls. I want to go with a gray color but did a test spot and the gray next to this off white makes the moldings look dingy and almost yellowy. I don't know whether I should paint the moldings a white white (but then would need to do the doors, trim AND the ceiling?) or find a better gray that makes the off white look whiter! Is it odd to have different baseboard colors in different rooms?

Is also starting to bother me as I realize my bedding is white white and near these walls you can really see the difference. I really don't want to have the whole house painted over in a whiter white....what paint will look ok with these off white moldings?