Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
judithva_gw

accessorizing

judithva
17 years ago

I was bored the other day and thought I'd play with some accessorizing, it's so hard to get right, it drives me crazy! First pic is a bit of a "play" on the formal with the "french country". The Rooster is a "nod" to my family history (my dad was brought up on a poultry farm)

{{gwi:1536989}}

This is a night pic without flash.

A view of the same area in the day time.

Comments (150)

• perky_2
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I had forgotten about this thread - so glad to be reminded.
    Judithva - such talent! I love those photos.

oceanna, the only thing wrong with all your inspiration pics - I can't resist drooling over them. I am having to limit myself! Thanks for all the hard work you have put forth to provide a one-stop inspiration site!

• judithva
    Original Author
    16 years ago

perky2, thankyou, I am glad you enjoyed them. I finally started a Blog, but don't know how to do a live link here, I am so computer challenged. LOL

My tablesetting tonight for one (moi). I do like doing a nice setup, even if it is only for me. :)
    Menu: Spaghetti, salad and bread, simple but yummy.

Long shot, way overexposed! Yikes!

• judithva
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I took a little break for tea time.
    If you would like to visit my blog, I provided a link.
    Thanks for visiting :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Judith's Blog

• graciesmom284
    16 years ago

wow, i just found this discussion and photos on accessorizing. gorgeous, beautiful, inspiring, you are truly gifted in this area judithva! i have been having trouble with my fireplace mantle as well. if i post or send you a photo or two could you help me? I also love decorating for christmas i so enjoyed your tree photos!

• judithva
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Graciesmom, thank you for your very nice comments!
    I don't own a fireplace right now, but plan on doing a "Gell" style of fireplace when I find the style I like.
    But I will try to help you, I have collected photos of fireplaces, perhaps after I get some info from you I can send you pics thru email.

If you click the link below "Judiths Blog", it will take you to my blog, there just leave me a comment on one of my photos with your email address (If you don't want your email address showing I wont "publish" your comment
    ( I moderate comments because of Spam), It will just be a vehicle to get me your email privately.

Judith

P.S to Ruthie who asked earlier about mantels, the same offer is to you too if you are interested.

• judithva
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have been experimenting with my pink dishes for a few things I am working on.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog

• judithva
    Original Author
    16 years ago

This is a tablesetting for a practice run for a Engagement Tea Party.

target="_blank">

• jesemy
    16 years ago

Gosh, Judith--your designs never fail to amaze me!

Thanks for posting all the beautiful work you've done!

Nancy

• judithva
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nancy, thank you.

This is just an arrangement I did on my dining room table, I will be incorporating these into my kitchen for my new open shelf look.

• judithva
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I love using my white rooster in alot of my tablesettings, he is very versitile.

Here is a link that might be useful: my blog

• judithva
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here is a link that might be useful: My blog

• zeffyrose
    15 years ago

Wow---- I was on Conversations and somehow I got on to this post----My mouth is watering----
    Judith-----Your home is absolutely gorgeous----I love dishes----I am the "butt" of many jokes because of all my "collections--However now that I'm older I've been trying to downsize. But after looking at all your place settings I realize that now I'm in trouble---I want to run right out and spend money---LOL I use the word "Run" loosely because after complications from Hip surgery a year ago I can barely even walk much less run---

I'm almost afraid to go to your blog----LOL

I've never been on this forum before --I'm usually on the rose forums------Hi Patricia43-----(my old friend)

Thanks You carla for asking about dishes----

Nice to meet you Judith---I LOVE all your place settings.

Florence/zeffyrose

• bodiCA
    15 years ago

Just learned two sources new to me,
    www.aldik.com and SIA products www.onecoast.com.
    Where do you find your fabulous accessories?

• judithva
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Florence/zeffyrose, thank you for your nice comments. I'm "older" too, but there is no way I am getting rid of my dish collection anytime too soon LOL, tablesetting even it is just for me with one placesetting is very relaxing and fun.

Bodica, I find my accessories in lots of stores, and many I have had for years and years, I always keep my eye peeled for goodies.

• carla17
    15 years ago

I enjoy seeing your different china. Love bunnies anyway so I like how you incorporated them. What is your china with the pink ladies? What is your rose pattern?
    Thanks for sharing, I have a new interest.

Carla

• Marigene
    15 years ago

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Where do you store all of your beautiful accessories and dishes?

• Molly Brown
    15 years ago

That was my question as well. Where on earth do you keep all this stuff!

• pamelak
    15 years ago

Hello-I just stumbled across your photos and they are beautiful! Could you please share with me where I might find the lovely crystal candle lamps you have on your table? I live in Colorado and hope I can find them.
    I will save your site in "my favorites" to see what other ideas you have. I love to decorate as well!
    Pamela

• pamelak
    15 years ago

I did find those lovely crystal candle lamps on EBay! I cannot wait to use them on my table. I want to thank you so much for sharing your lovely pictures of your home. You truly are inspiring!
    Pamela

• mnbrewer
    15 years ago

I found your site browsing the net for decorating ideas. I added it to my favorites and decided to join your group. I like to change and rearrange items throughout my home. I am looking for ideas on grouping family photos on sofa table. Your arrangements are the prettiest I have seen. I look forward to more pictures of your home. I am anxious to see what you do for spring 2009. If I see an arrangement I like, should I make a copy of it? Will the pictures eventually be deleted?

• yborgal
    15 years ago

bump

• judithva
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi, sorry it has been so long to have checked this thread.
    Carla, the dishes are from Royal Doultan called Lady Caryle.

Marigene and elenkao, you asked about storage. All the china and crystal is stored in my house, in closets and such. the regular stoneware, glass, ceramic type of items are stored on shelves in my garage.

Mary1, yes feel free to save a pic you like, sometimes I have to remove them when my Photobucket or Flickr site gets too "full".

Monablair, thanks for the bump :)

If you click on photos, it should take you to my Flickr site.

Here is a few shots of Christmas tree and things from this last holiday.

Christmas presents from my DD.

"Spoiled Lady"

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog

• readerlearner
    14 years ago

Bump

• judithva
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Readerlearner, thanks for the Bump..

I haven't posted much, but I did have this photo that I don't think I had posted, a sort of goodby to summer, I will be posting a Fall tablesetting and fireplace mantel decor soon.

• readerlearner
    14 years ago

Good, I was hoping you would. I well be waiting!

• yborgal
    14 years ago

I enjoy all of your photos and have missed your contributions. Good to see you're back!

• pamelak
    14 years ago

Hello Judith
    You have no idea how I've enjoyed repeatedly gazing at your lovely vignettes!I have searched high and low for the red plaid plates that you have beneath the salad plates in your Christmas photos dated Dec. 19th, 2006 as well as the black beaded chargers. Would you mind sharing with me where you found those? Oh! How I would love to sit at your tables. You must have wonderful sources in VA.?! Keep the photos coming! Sincerely,
    Pamela

• judithva
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Monablair, thank you!

Pamelak, thank you very much for your kind words, I would certainly enjoy setting a table just for you. :)

I know my way of doing vignettes and tablesettings is not for everyone (I love lots of layers), I am glad if they give you some inspiration.
    The plaid dishes were purchased at Target a few years ago. The black beaded items are not chargers, they are just round beaded placemats that I found at either TJMax or Marshalls, can't remember which one now. Around Christmas they will put alot of thhe beaded mats in lots of colors out in the stores for the holidays, Target carries them too, but more expensive than the other "discount stores". Walmart had some beaded placemats too. My dish sources are pretty much TJ Max, Marshalls, Walmart, Target, basically discount type of stores. We do have outlets near me, that is where I bought all my Lenox and Mikasa type of dishes and accessories. Hope this helps.

• pamelak
    14 years ago

Dear Judith
    I shop at those very same stores-don't you love them!!?? I just found(and won) the Christmas salad/dessert plates on Ebay so I'm excited now. You've imspired me and I look in these stores now a little differently. Thank you.
    Pamela

• judithva
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Pamelak, Yes, indeed, I do love those stores, but my pocketbook doesn't LOL. That is wonderful you found those plates, your table will be beautiful.

Here is a sneak peek of my Fall fireplace mantel.

• pamelak
    14 years ago

Judith-it is breathtaking!Absolutely gorgeous. Now take it all down and start Christmas! Ha! My Thanksgiving table was very pretty besides the fact that I don't have alot of stuff yet to decorate with, but I had 6 guests and even the men remarked about how beautiful the table was. I have you to thank for my inspiration! I still cannot find those red and black tartan plates you used under the poinsettia plates. Is there a name on the backside you would share with me? I've looked everywhere (I think).THank you. Pam

• judithva
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks again Pam, I know what you mean, this is my last post of my fall tablesetting, I have pulled everything out for Christmas in my LR, it looks like a tornado has hit!

That is great that your guest enjoyed your table, even nicer that the men appreciated it.
    Pam, I have not pulled out the plaid plates yet, but I will then I will post the name of them for you here.

• judithva
    Original Author
    14 years ago

pamelak,

I just got out some of my Christmas dishes. You asked about the name of my plaid dishes. They were bought from Target a few years ago. The back of the plate says:
    "home" Traditional holiday (Porcelain, China, Microwave safe, dishwasher safe) Hope that helps :)

• pamelak
    14 years ago

Thank you so much Judith. I will check but I am sure that was a one-time (great) find!
    Pam

• judithva
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Pam I hope you find them.
    Fall tablesetting

The plaid dishes make another appearance.

• pamelak
    14 years ago

Judith
    Well, this is a lovely setting as well. I love the black embossed (can't tell by photo-tablecloth?) Very nice. I cannot find those plaid dishes, unfortunately. No listing on Ebay and I've Googled them too.Oh well.Your photos are so wonderful to review on these nights I cannot sleep. I so enjoy examining all your lovely treasures. Thank you so much! Merry Christmas too!

• judithva
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks again, Pamelak!

A few more things..

Coral and tree

Naughty Lady

Photo of my den/library closeup

Here is a link that might be useful: My blog

• pamelak
    14 years ago

Judith-so what inspires you this time of year in decorating? (or do you just take naps in preparation for spring-ha ha?)

• judithva
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Pamelak....LOL, that is a complicated answer, way to long and involved for GardenWeb ;)

• pamelak
    14 years ago

Yes, I know! But my home is all "spring cleaned" after Christmas and I guess it is rather spartan in appearance. (I may need to shop more-don't you think!HA!) Well, wherever you are at in the country enjoy the weather. We've had an exceptionally cold winter in Colorado so I will use this time to dream of what I'll put in my window flower box, and planters!

• ruthie_s
    13 years ago

Judith, I didn't realize you had responded to my mantle question a long time back... My mantle is still waiting for something creative to happen to it! Thank you for posting your blog- it will be fun to look at!
    I will see if I can post photos of the mantle for any ideas you may have if the offer is still open.

• judithva
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sure, Ruthie s, glad to help if I can. You can reply here (on this post), or start a new Post on the "decorating side" of GW. But, I think the Post allowance on this particular Post here is getting ready to run out...I think a Post can only have 150 posts then it "ends" and people can't post to it any more.

• sharburk
    13 years ago

Judith, I LOVE your tables and decorating. I discovered it a couple of years ago and have kept my eye open for a marble bust of a woman, like you have. I can't find one! Do you remember where you got her? Is she marble? I've searched my local stores and also on line. Does she have a name?

It's raining in my area today and I'm headed out to my local TJMaxx. You have inspired me again. - Sharon

• judithva
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sharon, thank you :)

I purchased her a few years ago at Marshalls if I remember correctly. At one time when there was a constant flow of the male and female busts, I think she was only $12.00 or so. She is made from some kind of resin material.

I haven't had time in the last few months to do any decorating, I am remodeling, I have taken down 3 walls so far, which incorporates me redoing my livingroom, dining room and kitchen UGH! A major undertaking since I did the tear down 95% myself; fun but very messy, it looks like a tornado hit my house LOL. I am hoping by Christmas it will be mostly finished.

• goldedger
    13 years ago

Thanks Judith for posting all those wonderful pictures.
    Your tablescapes are stunning and inspiring.

Best of luck with your remodel - the hard part is getting through it but then you get to enjoy it. Bliss!

• pamelak
    13 years ago

Judith-I hope you had a great year. I last posted to you January 18th of this year. I hope you will please inform us of where else you put your photos so that I may continue to "escape" to some lovely vinettes at your home! I have so loved looking at every tiny detail.
    God bless,
    Pam

• pamelak
    13 years ago

Judith
    Have searched 1/2 the nite trying to find the lovely china you have posted on your February 22nd, 2007 table. They are white, gold edged and have the large pink rose in the center. Would you mind telling me the info on the backside?
    Thank you!
    (I'm still trying to find those red/black plaid Christmas plates from Target too! I'll not give up!)

• pamelak
    13 years ago

Hello Judith
    It looks like your are no longer checking this site and I've tried emailing you but to no avail. I hope you are well. I miss your comments and viewing other lovely photos. Again, I pray all is ok.

• emagineer
    12 years ago

bump

• emagineer
    12 years ago

bump