Return to the Home Decorating Forum

o
accessorizing

Posted by judithva (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 18, 06 at 10:54

I was bored the other day and thought I'd play with some accessorizing, it's so hard to get right, it drives me crazy! First pic is a bit of a "play" on the formal with the "french country". The Rooster is a "nod" to my family history (my dad was brought up on a poultry farm)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is a night pic without flash.

A view of the same area in the day time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: accessorizing

So many things that I like in your pictures....your collection of plates, your art work and the pieces you've displayed on the silver tray. Nice.

o

Thankyou monablair, as much as I love acessorizing it is something that I feel a bit insecure with because I tend to go overboard a lot, its like I just can't help myself LOL

o

Since I think that table setting is another form of accessorizing, I thought I'd post these. I am passionate about tablesettings! I am especially fond of Christmas table settings, I have several sets of Christmas dishes, which I like to rotate each week of December. I will post more pic in the next few weeks.
I love seeing other peoples settings, so feel free to post your table settings.
This is my new table and chairs, I've been having lots of fun trying out different table setting on it.
This is my blue "everyday" dishes.

This is from last Christmas, when I did not have a dining room table (old one on loan to DD)

o

Very pretty! You have a real talent for accessorizing!

Where did you get the rooster? I've been looking for a bronze/brown colored one forever with no luck.

Nancy

o

Nancy,
Thanks for the complement.
I got the rooster last year at Marshalls Dept Store, I have seen them at TJ Max too. Just seen some done in the burnished white, you could always buy some paint and stain to change it to the color you want.

o

Thanks Judith!
I look forward to more pictures of accessorizing!

Nancy

o
RE: Fall setting a work in progress

Here are a few pics of my Fall table, keep in mind this is still a work in progress! I am still trying to decide which charger to use, and where I want to place the napkins.
Also, I still need to add my place card holders, I haven't decided whether to use the pumkin ones or the leaf place card holders I got at Target for a buck (love their Dollar section).

With leaf platter charger:

Without charger:

o

Goodness!! They're both beautiful. So hard to pick one over the other.

o

Monablair is right-they're both very pretty! It's hard to choose, but I think I like the leaf charger better. you can't lose either way!

o

Judith ~

Just wanted to tell you that I loved your pictures on this post and the one over in Discussions! Your home seems very warm and shows the love you have for it in your accessorizing.

I kind of miss being a SAHM because I used to love spending time accessorizing, but I find I'm lucky to have the energy just to clean the house now - forget about accessorizing!

I hope you will post more of your home photos; I'll accessorize vicariously through you! : )

Kathy

o

looks lovely Judith, yer giving Martha Stewart much competition!
Joann

o

Monablair, Joann, Kathy thanks for the complements! I do love doing table decor, I probably get carried away, but it is fun.

Kathy, I am not a SAHM, I am single and I have to work for a long, long time before I get to retire :( I do have a grown DD, but even when she was home I loved doing this. For me it is relaxing and rewarding, it helps bring me down from my high stress job.

o

Didn't mean to say that you were a SAHM Judith - just that when I was I used to have more time to do things like that. Of course, maybe I should try getting back to that - it might help me destress from my work day, too!

o
RE: bright rooster

Kathy, I totally understand, for a lot of people this is last on their list to do because they have a million other things to do! Depending on the age of your kids they might just enjoy helping with it too. I always involved my DD, she felt she was a part of the process and results herself. She was always surprized when she went to other girlfriends house and they did not do anything LOL, (not to say this must be done, after all the company/fellowship you are keeping is the most important thing of all!)

Here is another bit of tweeking I just did, replaced the bronze rooster with a more colorful one.
PS. ignore the gold glass dinner plate to the right on the table, it is a left over piece of my tweeking process. LOL

o

Changed up my little round table a bit to reflect the Fall season, a bit blurry because I did not use a tripod or flash, but I like the ambiance of the lighting.

This is with the flash so more detail shows. please excuse the view into the kitchen, in my remodel I will be enlosing that entrance:

closeup

o
RE: long shot

Here is a pic of my long shot of my tiny DR. I just purchased the rods that I want to use on the windows for the curtains, I hate putting up rods, I always get them crooked, I tend to procrastinate, but I really want to have it done before Thanksgiving..

o
RE: bunny

This is my new bunny with a selection of my dining plates.

o
RE: other way

Changed out the display a little bit for a Christmasy look.

o
RE: Yellow and red and blk

One of my "low key" Christmas looks, incorporating a bit of red. I bought the black xmas ornament at Target, the red clear charger at Walmart. I'll be changing this look out tonight to something else.

o

These are all so very lovely. I come here each night to see if you have done anything new.

o
RE: red

Pat, that is sweet, I don't always post all my stuff because sometimes it's not all that great. LOL Here is another table setting it still needs tweeking. I miss having my old table, it was long/oval, whereas this is a round table, I have to re-think all my looks, I think the long table is easier for me to decorate. Oh well, its still a learning process for me. LOL

I attached these on one of my other threads, but you may not have seen it.

o

o

Judith, each one is lovlier than the last. I do not know how you do it, but I love it and thank you for sharing. Now if I just had the wherewithal to steal ideas from you and Cattknap.

o
RE: thoughts

Patricia43, thank you you are sweet to say this, and yes Cattknap is very talented!!
I know you can do it, if I can you can! I spent a lot of time studying other magazine pics, and how they set them up and how they photograph them, then I just subsitute, or add on what pleases me, sometimes I am pleased with what I do and sometimes it's "Ho Hum" LOL. Truely any one can do it, just do the "copy cat" thing LOL
Lots of times I head out in one direction, but as I work it, it will change directions which works out most of the time.
A lot of my things are interchangeable, so you will see a lot of "repeat" items, that is what makes it affordable, but still takes on a different life with other china patterns. I often just stick with my basic "formula" (which you see in any ettiquette table setting book) and it all pulls together (most of the time)
1. place matts
2. chargers of some design (mirror, cloth, beaded, metal etc
3. dinner plate
4. salad plate and or bread and butter plate
5. bowl if I have them in the china style that I'm using (which is rare, bowls in china are expensive)!(often I will use a crystal bowl (they go with most any pattern) or a plain white bowl, same thing, white goes with almost anything.
6. silverware
7. cloth napkin
8. napkin rings (sometimes)
9. mini vases (sometimes)
10. mini wine carfeas (spelling?) (actually small glass flower vases just the right shape, little secret there LOL
11. flower arrangement (sometimes) depends if I use something else
12. Object of attention in the middle (anything of interest to me), porcelians, figurines, vases, candlesticks large soup tureen, pitchers, grouping of like things
13. Glass ware, or crystal drinking glasses
14. The list goes on, most people have most of these things in their home, they just need to incorporate them in their designs. The fun thing is in the mixing of the dishes and patterns, it makes it very interesting. Of course sometimes I just use my complete set of china with no subsitutions, I just try to make it exciting in other ways.
I guess I could go on and on, but just thought I'd throw out some thoughts here.
Wow, was that more than you asked for LOL sorry

o

I have copied your recipe. :-)

o
RE: disk crash

Patricia43, well, not really a great "road map/reciepe" but like I said all the basics are there for anyone to copy, you just have to add your "personality". LOL

here's another earlier pic I had saved to my Photobucket, my newer ones are on a crashed disk. I already erased the new photos off my camera, and I removed this look off my table to do another look, Grrrrr, I don't know if I have the patience to bring it back out and set up since I'm trying to do my pink tree too.

o

That is just awesome. I am becoming voyeuristic for Judith's vignettes. :-)

o
RE: RL and Victoria

You are so sweet patricia43 (Blush)

Here's another Ralph Lauren meets Victoria Magazine (LOL)

With a crystal bowl

Changed the bunnies out with my silver Pheasents/birds.

Baby Jesus scene

Well, I have a lot more, but they are mostly other closeups of the same things (I tend to take alot of pics, I LOVE my digi camera) LOL

o

Judith. I need some mantel ideas. I have a big antique mirror, flanked by two small lamps with coral shades and rusted iron bases. Red brick fireplace. Insanely blah oak mantel. I'm yawning just thinking about it.

Red

o
RE: mantel

Red, I did a search on your name, and found your Picturetrail web site. I took an enjoyable "cruise" through your home, which is really beautiful to refresh my memory. You have a lot of great things to work with, which is what I like doing, incorporating what you have, but adding on that special "something".

But....there was not a pic of showing your mantel with the mirror that you spoke of and the lamps, can you put up a newer pic?

I could give you lots of discriptive things that I would do with your mantel, I don't have one myself, but I still collect lots of inspiration photos on them (just in-case one day I win the lottery and can put a fireplace in LOL ) So, I have lots of ideas, and photos I can share, but I need a direction that you want to go in, do you want it to be elegant, modern, traditional, country, simple design, over-the-top design? I see you have reds in your room (rug) and greens, are you wanting to stick with that color scheme or are you going with something in particular?

Sorry about all these questions, but if I don't narrow it down a bit, I could write a book and probably bore you to death LOL

I love mirrors over the mantel, especially for Christmas because of the reflective qualities that it provides.

Hmmm..here are a few thoughts/suggestions on the subject before you answer me back.
Use many graduated sized of candles, either pillar style, or tapers in candlesticks, sitting in a bed of greenery, with ornaments of your choice tucked inside. I am also fond of a few flowers with your color theme tucked in, I also like the idea of enlongated ormaments hanging from the greenery, if you can still find some glass icilces from Kmart (Martha Stewart designs) hang some of those too, with the glisening from the lighted candles, and the shimmering of the glass icicles from the surround light (or fireplace if you light it) it would look very magicial.

Bearing in mind that I tend to be an over-kill person (yes it is an illness, so my DD tells me), and you still could add berries to the greenery too, and ribbon running though it, and if you have a favorite santa, reindeer, etc. incorporating that special focal point always helps.

I love a bit of greenery tucked around the mirror itself, to bring it more into the design, have a few decortive things in the greenery to tie it into the mantel (balls, flowers, ribbon, berries etc.)

Collections of nutcrackers look great on a mantel, so do villages, a small nativity scene, natural fruit designs, whoops there I go carrying on.....

I am really not very good at telling someone what to do to decorate their home, I am one of those people who do best being in a persons home and going thru everything they own and using what is available, then buying what I need to "finish" off the look. I am afraid I am not a very good "long-distance decorator" (I so admire those that can do this, but you can understand why I hesitate to give much direction over the net) but if you want more thoughts on the matter I'd love to give you my 2cents.

o
RE: Pink look

Pink look, a personal fav for me.

o

Very, very pretty as always. Sandi

o

Pink is not one of my colors, but that pink table is delicious. It reminds me of a bath with blush pink 1930's tiles (with celedon green tile accents!) that I had to work with a few years ago when we first moved to California. I was very bitter at having to work with a 'difficult' color--yet.............that bath was a pure pleasure once I started accenting the Pink. Wish I had had a digital camera in 1994!

I will get a mantel shot on Friday. And I totally know what you're talking about......working with the stuff you find. I have a lot of stuff. I've been putting stuff away for years. Usually, I dig through shelves and tops of closets, stacks of vintage prints, old birdcages, old china, etc., and find just the right things to put together to rework a corner or a tabletop. But for some reason..........that mantel is not coming together for me. And I don't need Christmas decor. I just want it to look pretty every day. Sometimes I think maybe I just need to start looking for an antique mantel piece to replace the chunky shelf that is there now.

Sorry you had to do the detective work, although I've done that on you when I wanted to see something that I couldn't find on a particular thread.

Red

o
RE: pics on main board

Red, I did not mind the detective work at all, got to see a lot of things I had missed! Last night I took a bunch of inspiration pics of pic's that I have collected with the digi, I will post for you on the main board. They are a wide assortment of styles, perhaps some will inspire.

I will only be at my computer in the morning of Friday, I start my vacation that day, so no computer for a week or so, Argggghhh

o

Hey Judith--Sounds like time to ask Santa for a computer at home! We're going to miss you. Have a happy holiday and a nice vacation, and keep snapping those pics to share with us, okay? Luvs

o

Judith, we are hoping you are having a wonderful vacation. Thank you for enriching our holidays by sharing your beautiful pictures, your magazine clippings and most of all, your time, with us. You are a special gardenweb'r.

o

Judith...Newbie to this site....oh my, love your decorating style. Especially the pink table. I hope you keep on posting your lovely photos and inspire us all. Cant wait to see your Easter table. lol

Sylvia

o

OMG, What wonderful pics!!! I would love to come and dine at your place!!!
I'd say with your talent, you sure would do great working at a catering place. Your buffets and table settings would be out of this world!!!
Please keep those pics coming.
Cheri

o

Judith, I see your yellow and black dishes, but can't see them well enough to satisfy me! LOL What I can see I love. Sandi

o

Your table settings are out of HOUSE BEAUTIFUL!! If you're not a decorator, you missed your calling!!!

Now, I see a lot of different colored stemware, please tell me where on earth do you store all your decorative items????? My husband is forever telling me to unload things & have less around the house, I have no idea where I'd store all those things!!

o
RE: musings

Thank you all for the lovely comments. Tablesetting and accessorizing is a passion for me, but I'm still in the learning stage myself.

sylvia, I hope to post some Valentines day settings, and after that Easter, but I'm still in the "composing stage" right now.

sandi w, I am in the process of taking photographs of all my dishware so I have a good visual inventory, I'll try to post a better pic of the Villeroy and Boch (Adun Pattern) china in a bit.

yachter123,
I store my stuff all over the house, the good stuff stays in the house, the more sturdy items are stored in the garage. As soon as it gets warmer here I plan on putting up alot of shelving in the garage so things will be more orderly. Alot of my "color" glass ware goes with many, many dish styles so I do get more than "one' use out of them.

o

Judith, I look forward to seeing more pics from your lovely home. Can't wait to see the V day & Easter. What a treat for you to share all this with us!

o

I think your pictures are so inspirational, you definitely have a 'calling' for what you do. I agree with others who wrote that you should have photo shoots in a decorating magazine as they are as good as or better than most things I have seen. I just find it hard to believe you have so many elegant table settings and accessories....it's is my joy to see all of these. Just keep the pictures coming for our enjoyment. THANKS!!!

o
RE: forum

susan209, thank you for your comments, I do love table accessorizing. Yes, I have more goodies than the average person I guess, but where as others have large collections of shoes, purses, clothes etc, I put my money into my tablesettings, don't get me wrong I like those things too, but I have to make a choice somewhere. LOL

I wish there was an Accessorizing Forum, it is such a specialized thing that I think it would get plenty of traffic.

o
RE: easter test

Test run of upcoming Easter design....not complete

Ignore all the other extra dishes on the table, this is how I decide what I want to do....

o

Judith, I am drooling already. I cant wait to see your masterpiece.

Sylvia

o
RE: V-Day

Sylvia, you are sweet, I hope I can live up to your expectations (now I'm nervous) LOL

Here is some shots of my Valentines Day table

o

Judith, what wonderful pictures. Your tablescapes are so well done. They are just perfect. I had not seen your latest posts and came today to see what was new and found these. They are just wonderful!

o

Judith, I like the shades of pink and the crystal combined together. It looks very elegant. Your Easter pics inspired me to go and decorate for Easter. I decided to decorate with some of my majolica pieces, I actually took them out of the curio cabinet and placed them around the living room. YIKES! LOL.

Thanks for sharing, looking forward to seeing more.
Sylvia :D

o
RE: repurposing

Patricia, thank you, I have been posting a bunch of stuff over on the Holiday board part of GW, there is a lot of ladies doing tablesettings there too.

sylvia, thank you, I am glad you are inspired to pull out some of your treasures, it is so much fun to rediscover and reuse your things that you had tucked away in another way.

o

A few photos of my Spring/Easter look.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"Tea for Two", I love the little square sugar cubes, they are hard to find now-a-days...

o

So lovely to look at! You really should consider putting your talents to work as a professional "tablescaper" for gala events.

o

Thank you Monablair, I would not even know where to begin with something like that. At least I would be spending someone elses money. LOL

o

I love the bunny china! What's the name of that pattern, and who makes it? It's charming. Don't think I can afford another set...but it's charming. Thanks for sharing your lovely table settings.

o
RE: green dishes

Piper, thank you. I am not at home right now, but I will find out and let you know. The plates and bowls are very affordable, I bought them at Marshalls and TJ Max, they are around mostly around the time before Easter, in my area, they had pretty much already been bought out, so keep a sharp eye out next year a couple of months before Easter and you should be able to get plenty.

o
RE: name

piper, the name of the bunny china is: Bordallo Pinherio, made in Portugal.

o

Stein Mart sells a lot of the Bordallo Pinherio. I will have to check back there to see if they have a bunny. They do have a lot of Majolica by BP. (I always thought in the past, Beatrix Potter), now I have a new name for BP.

o

I love the Valentines table. Do you remember where you found the dishes?

o

roselvr, Thankyou, Macys, at 50% off.

o

Judithva,

You have the most beautiful things and a talent for arranging them! My question to you is - where do you store all of these beautiful things? AND, do you really sit down and eat and these beautiful tables or do you set them up for show?

o

carole, thank you. Yes I do dine at my table, I always set my table up for company, and for just myself....cause I am worth it LOLOLOLOLOLOL
I store the dishes and glasses in many areas, I am blessed with decent size closets (for a tiny home), but I am adding shelves in the garage for my "not so fancy" stuff.

Here are a few more pics.

If you click on the picture it will take you to my album.

iSpring Pink and White tablesetting

o

Here is the green cabbage plates on the same charger (as the picture above with the pink dishes) and using the same white plate under the bowl, showing how interchangable my dishes are with a basic set of white chargers and white dishes. I also just subsituted the pink glass with a green glass.

o
RE: accessorizing of a sort

Well, this is along the food line, but I did "accessorize" the cupcakes. LOL I did a bunch of these for a Sweet Sixteen Party.

o

The finished packaging and "accessorizing". the pink "grass" around it, and the pink feathers will be used in the table set up for her party.

o

Judith, the links don't let us into your album. Can you try it again please. Luvs

o

vignette 2
Excuse the poor photograph, I was too lazy to light it properly or use a tripod (I was feeling lazy) LOL

o

Wow, I am amazed at this hobby. I grew up in a family of 12 and setting the table like this would have been a one time thing as all of our reaching and bumping would have broken all of the china!! LOL! I love the pink with the pink Lladro like ladies. I have no girls but envision that table setting for a little girls birthday party. How wonderful of you to share this talent and hobby with the rest of us.

o

Thank you whenicit, I do enjoy tablesetting very much. The "ladies" you speak of are from the Royal Doultan line, I don't have too many, but I enjoy using them even for us "big girls". LOL Thanks again for your lovely comments.

o
RE: more

An old Spring/Easter tablesetting I was playing around with.

o

These are so beautiful!

o

Ahh! I see someone else has discovered the gorgeous tablescapes and vignettes that Judith does. She has so many pretty dishes and accessories, and puts things together so well. I've been a "fan" for about a year now. ;o) Luvs

o

Not a very good shot, since I used a flash, I was in a bit of a hurry..

o

Judith, I just discovered this post and I have been awestruck by the beauty of your tablescapes. What a talent you have. I am curious as to who is the maker of the salad plates in the Ralph Lauren vs. Victorian setting. I thought I saw those at Home Goods and went back to get them and of course they were gone. WAW...

I just can't imagine where you store all this and keep it so organized - I can barely keep my sock drawer organized!
Again, beautiful!

o
RE: storage

Lynn, thank you. The salad plates are from Target, I bought them a few years ago. Recently I bought 2 very large "racks" for the garage for my "everyday" type of dishes and glassware, the china and good crystal is kept in the house....but I still need more storage racks! Ackkkk! LOL

o

Judithva, I didn't know you were posting over on this gallery! Thank you so much for putting your photos on here---now I can reference! You have such talent and your tables are just BEAUTIFUL!!

o

texashottie, thank-you, I had a really bad day today, and you have made me feel good! :)

o

Judithva WOW you are GREAT. And here I thought all the china that I have is supposed to stay in the cabinets or the china hutch. I had no idea you could create such beauty using them. I love each and every one of your tables.
Thanks it was an absolute pleasure to go through your pictures

Nami

o

nami, thankyou :) Oh, yes, definately take out your "pretties" out of your cabinets and china hutches and enjoy them! You would be amazed with what you can come up with just by "playing around" with them, think outside the box and let your imagaination run wild. LOL I know I do!

o

I have been away for a while but on my return I was hoping that you had posted some Christmas decorations for us to drool over. If we can't come to the party, at least let us know what we are missing!!!

o

lynn, I will try to post some later if I can find the time to put up a tree, I am having unexpected surgery Dec 6, so I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off LOL, but I am going to try really hard to do a tree before I am "laid up", so check back here or on the HOLIDAY section of Garden Web. (my tree will either be golds, creams and crystals, OR golds, pinks, creams and crystals.)

o

lynn, here is my tree from LAST year

o

How luxurious! I am sorry to hear about your surgery, but I hope it "fixes" whatever needs "fixin". I don't think it matters what colors you choose, I just know it will be beautiful. I think you should go to New York and do the Macy's windows - you sure have the talent! Lynn

o

Judith,

I was just asking about you a few days ago on another thread. I recall seeing some of your gorgeous photos about a year ago, but spend most of my GW time on 'building a home" site. So glad I "stumbled" across this post tonight.

These tables are GORGEOUS. I mean DROP DEAD GORGEOUS. I think my favorite was the pink table, and I've never even thought to use pink! Wow. You opened my eyes to a whole new world out there. Makes me want to RUN, no..... SPRINT to a china shop and get some gorgeous dishes like yours.

You have a wonderful eye for decorating. It is an absolute gift. Most of us aren't blessed with your talent.... it's rare. Seriously, you must figure out how to market your talent and do this for a living.

Blessings on your surgery, and happy recovery. I hope you will feel well quickly, and can come back to post some new "playtime with judith" soon. It's a treat... an absolute treat to see your photos. Thanks for sharing!

o

lynn, thank you, I appreciate your comments and well wishes very much!

totallyblessed, thank you too, I am definately blushing with all these wonderful comments. I know what you mean about "pink" in a tablesetting, most people would not think that they would enjoy pink, but find they would like it after all. Thank you for the well wishes too! :)

o

I am hoping you are back on your feet. Thinking of you from CT - Lynn

o

Lynn, thank you, I am feeling better every day! :)

A little sneak peak, I still have to put the glass icicles on it, and maybe a few crystals.

pink 2007 tree

o

Your trees and tablescapes are GORGEOUS! Now I am inspired to do a themed tree next year and will head out to the stores tomorrow to pick up items on sale. I love all the ornaments that I have collected over the last 30 years and will perhaps use them on another tree next year - I'll go for broke and do 2 trees! I also love to set a beautiful table, and hopefully I will find some chargers tomorrow too. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely pictures!

o

Here are a few more photos,

Blizlady, thank you so much for your kind comments. Themed trees are fun, but I do love traditional trees too. Tablesetting is a passion of mine, it helps add to the pleasure of dining. Chargers are very popular right now, you should be able to find quite a few choices.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Judith, your tree is beautiful!

o

Here are some pics I've collected. I didn't make any of these. I hope they will bring some joy and inspiration to you.

This is inside someone's closet!

o
Was that ok?

I hope it was okay for me to put those here? If not, I apologize toyou, Judith. For the record, I think you do the best accessorizing I've ever seen anywhere!

o

oceanna, that was great -

o

Thanks, Yvette, for letting me know you enjoyed the pics! That's all I have on accessorizing right now but I hope others will post theirs.

Maybe I should have started a new thread. I'm not sure if this was fair to Judith.

I'd just like to see tons of pics grouped together under good headings so folks can quickly go get inspiration for their next projects when they want it.

o

Love all the pics Oceanna and of course I ALWAYS love to see pics from Judith!

Oceanna - I see you enjoy two of the same blogs that I do!

tina

o

Thanks, Tina. I get pics from all over the place. I have more to post now but I hope that Judith will take notice here and say if it's okay or if I should start a new thread.

o

Hi, Oceanna,

The inspiration photos you posted are great, the only thing I am concerned about is that I think there is a posting limit on each Post, I beleive it is 150 posts, right now the posts for this page is close to 100, in the past when a post reaches a certain size (If I remember correctly) you can no longer post new things, so then it will "roll off" the main page getting "lost". So basically once the original post is "full", one can't add any other photos or comments, so when someone added a new post on a different subject it forces the posting you are working on down the page eventually "dissappearing". (I hope this makes sense) :)

With all the work you have gone too, it might be best for you to start a seperate post so that your contributions are more "long lived" on GW, other wise it won't be on the front page for long. I wish there was a way to keep certain things on longer.

o

Thanks, Judith. I won't add any more to your thread. I think we need a new thread, as you suggest. I've already posted what I have. I personally have SO much to learn about this and so much appreciate your bringing it to my consciousness. You are SOOOO good at it! I am hugely inspired by your beautiful talent.

o
RE: thanks

oceanna, the nice thing about your new thread is that it will be around a lot longer than this one will be (since it is getting "full").

I know how long it takes you to gather and load those photos, this way your contribution will be enjoyed by everyone for a long time compared to this thread which is nearing "fullness" LOL.

Thanks for the nice complement, I do appreciate it, and I do appreciate all the work you have put into providing everyone the great inspiration photos!

o

Judithva, I love your tablesettings and would love to see some mantle ideas... you are incredibly talented and it is a joy to look at your ideas...I have saved this thread as a favorite. Thank you!

o

ruthie, thank you! I do not have a fireplace in my home to give you mantle ideas. You may have thought it was me above that posted the large series of inspiration pictures of different catagories, but that Post was done by Oceanna.
If you go to the main page and ask for Oceanna, to put up some pics of mantles, she may be able to help you out. I used to post pics of from magazines, but lately there are some copyright issues with this..so it makes me a bit nervous to post anything other than my stuff.

Here is an old pic I thought I had posted but I don't see it here, so I will put my salute to Spring and Easter in this pic:

Photobucket

o

I had forgotten about this thread - so glad to be reminded.
Judithva - such talent! I love those photos.

oceanna, the only thing wrong with all your inspiration pics - I can't resist drooling over them. I am having to limit myself! Thanks for all the hard work you have put forth to provide a one-stop inspiration site!

o

perky2, thankyou, I am glad you enjoyed them. I finally started a Blog, but don't know how to do a live link here, I am so computer challenged. LOL

My tablesetting tonight for one (moi). I do like doing a nice setup, even if it is only for me. :)
Menu: Spaghetti, salad and bread, simple but yummy.

Photobucket

Long shot, way overexposed! Yikes!
Photobucket

o
RE: tea time

I took a little break for tea time.
If you would like to visit my blog, I provided a link.
Thanks for visiting :)

Time for Tea and a Snack

Here is a link that might be useful: Judith's Blog

o

wow, i just found this discussion and photos on accessorizing. gorgeous, beautiful, inspiring, you are truly gifted in this area judithva! i have been having trouble with my fireplace mantle as well. if i post or send you a photo or two could you help me? I also love decorating for christmas i so enjoyed your tree photos!

o
RE: blog

Hi Graciesmom, thank you for your very nice comments!
I don't own a fireplace right now, but plan on doing a "Gell" style of fireplace when I find the style I like.
But I will try to help you, I have collected photos of fireplaces, perhaps after I get some info from you I can send you pics thru email.

If you click the link below "Judiths Blog", it will take you to my blog, there just leave me a comment on one of my photos with your email address (If you don't want your email address showing I wont "publish" your comment
( I moderate comments because of Spam), It will just be a vehicle to get me your email privately.

Judith

P.S to Ruthie who asked earlier about mantels, the same offer is to you too if you are interested.

o
Spring/Easter test table

I have been experimenting with my pink dishes for a few things I am working on.

Spring/Easter test table

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog

o

This is a tablesetting for a practice run for a Engagement Tea Party.

target="_blank">Engagement tea party

Engagement tea party

o

Gosh, Judith--your designs never fail to amaze me!

Thanks for posting all the beautiful work you've done!

Nancy

o

Nancy, thank you.

This is just an arrangement I did on my dining room table, I will be incorporating these into my kitchen for my new open shelf look.

blue and white hens, tea pots

o
RE: Versitile

I love using my white rooster in alot of my tablesettings, he is very versitile.

Breakfast outside

Simple Breakfast

Here is a link that might be useful: my blog

o
pink

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lunch outside

Here is a link that might be useful: My blog

o

Wow---- I was on Conversations and somehow I got on to this post----My mouth is watering----
Judith-----Your home is absolutely gorgeous----I love dishes----I am the "butt" of many jokes because of all my "collections--However now that I'm older I've been trying to downsize. But after looking at all your place settings I realize that now I'm in trouble---I want to run right out and spend money---LOL I use the word "Run" loosely because after complications from Hip surgery a year ago I can barely even walk much less run---

I'm almost afraid to go to your blog----LOL

I've never been on this forum before --I'm usually on the rose forums------Hi Patricia43-----(my old friend)

Thanks You carla for asking about dishes----

Nice to meet you Judith---I LOVE all your place settings.

Florence/zeffyrose

o

Just learned two sources new to me,
www.aldik.com and SIA products www.onecoast.com.
Where do you find your fabulous accessories?

o

Florence/zeffyrose, thank you for your nice comments. I'm "older" too, but there is no way I am getting rid of my dish collection anytime too soon LOL, tablesetting even it is just for me with one placesetting is very relaxing and fun.

Bodica, I find my accessories in lots of stores, and many I have had for years and years, I always keep my eye peeled for goodies.

o

I enjoy seeing your different china. Love bunnies anyway so I like how you incorporated them. What is your china with the pink ladies? What is your rose pattern?
Thanks for sharing, I have a new interest.

Carla

o

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Where do you store all of your beautiful accessories and dishes?

o

That was my question as well. Where on earth do you keep all this stuff!

o

Hello-I just stumbled across your photos and they are beautiful! Could you please share with me where I might find the lovely crystal candle lamps you have on your table? I live in Colorado and hope I can find them.
I will save your site in "my favorites" to see what other ideas you have. I love to decorate as well!
Pamela

o

I did find those lovely crystal candle lamps on EBay! I cannot wait to use them on my table. I want to thank you so much for sharing your lovely pictures of your home. You truly are inspiring!
Pamela

o

I found your site browsing the net for decorating ideas. I added it to my favorites and decided to join your group. I like to change and rearrange items throughout my home. I am looking for ideas on grouping family photos on sofa table. Your arrangements are the prettiest I have seen. I look forward to more pictures of your home. I am anxious to see what you do for spring 2009. If I see an arrangement I like, should I make a copy of it? Will the pictures eventually be deleted?

o

bump

o

Hi, sorry it has been so long to have checked this thread.
Carla, the dishes are from Royal Doultan called Lady Caryle.

Marigene and elenkao, you asked about storage. All the china and crystal is stored in my house, in closets and such. the regular stoneware, glass, ceramic type of items are stored on shelves in my garage.

Mary1, yes feel free to save a pic you like, sometimes I have to remove them when my Photobucket or Flickr site gets too "full".

Monablair, thanks for the bump :)

If you click on photos, it should take you to my Flickr site.

Here is a few shots of Christmas tree and things from this last holiday.

2008 Christmas Cream and Crystal Tree

Christmas 2008

Christmas presents from my DD.
Christmas 2008

Perfume bottles

"Spoiled Lady"
2008 Christmas

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog

o

Bump

o

Readerlearner, thanks for the Bump..

I haven't posted much, but I did have this photo that I don't think I had posted, a sort of goodby to summer, I will be posting a Fall tablesetting and fireplace mantel decor soon.

pink

o

Good, I was hoping you would. I well be waiting!

o

I enjoy all of your photos and have missed your contributions. Good to see you're back!

o

Hello Judith
You have no idea how I've enjoyed repeatedly gazing at your lovely vignettes!I have searched high and low for the red plaid plates that you have beneath the salad plates in your Christmas photos dated Dec. 19th, 2006 as well as the black beaded chargers. Would you mind sharing with me where you found those? Oh! How I would love to sit at your tables. You must have wonderful sources in VA.?! Keep the photos coming! Sincerely,
Pamela

o

Monablair, thank you!

Pamelak, thank you very much for your kind words, I would certainly enjoy setting a table just for you. :)

I know my way of doing vignettes and tablesettings is not for everyone (I love lots of layers), I am glad if they give you some inspiration.
The plaid dishes were purchased at Target a few years ago. The black beaded items are not chargers, they are just round beaded placemats that I found at either TJMax or Marshalls, can't remember which one now. Around Christmas they will put alot of thhe beaded mats in lots of colors out in the stores for the holidays, Target carries them too, but more expensive than the other "discount stores". Walmart had some beaded placemats too. My dish sources are pretty much TJ Max, Marshalls, Walmart, Target, basically discount type of stores. We do have outlets near me, that is where I bought all my Lenox and Mikasa type of dishes and accessories. Hope this helps.

o

Dear Judith
I shop at those very same stores-don't you love them!!?? I just found(and won) the Christmas salad/dessert plates on Ebay so I'm excited now. You've imspired me and I look in these stores now a little differently. Thank you.
Pamela

o

Pamelak, Yes, indeed, I do love those stores, but my pocketbook doesn't LOL. That is wonderful you found those plates, your table will be beautiful.

Here is a sneak peek of my Fall fireplace mantel.

f

fall

o

Judith-it is breathtaking!Absolutely gorgeous. Now take it all down and start Christmas! Ha! My Thanksgiving table was very pretty besides the fact that I don't have alot of stuff yet to decorate with, but I had 6 guests and even the men remarked about how beautiful the table was. I have you to thank for my inspiration! I still cannot find those red and black tartan plates you used under the poinsettia plates. Is there a name on the backside you would share with me? I've looked everywhere (I think).THank you. Pam

o
RE:Fall

Thanks again Pam, I know what you mean, this is my last post of my fall tablesetting, I have pulled everything out for Christmas in my LR, it looks like a tornado has hit!

That is great that your guest enjoyed your table, even nicer that the men appreciated it.
Pam, I have not pulled out the plaid plates yet, but I will then I will post the name of them for you here.

fall mantel

o

pamelak,

I just got out some of my Christmas dishes. You asked about the name of my plaid dishes. They were bought from Target a few years ago. The back of the plate says:
"home" Traditional holiday (Porcelain, China, Microwave safe, dishwasher safe) Hope that helps :)

o

Thank you so much Judith. I will check but I am sure that was a one-time (great) find!
Pam

o

Pam I hope you find them.
Fall tablesetting
fall mantel

The plaid dishes make another appearance.
Dinner in front of Fireplace

o

Judith
Well, this is a lovely setting as well. I love the black embossed (can't tell by photo-tablecloth?) Very nice. I cannot find those plaid dishes, unfortunately. No listing on Ebay and I've Googled them too.Oh well.Your photos are so wonderful to review on these nights I cannot sleep. I so enjoy examining all your lovely treasures. Thank you so much! Merry Christmas too!

o

Thanks again, Pamelak!

A few more things..

Coral and tree
xmas 2009

Naughty Lady
xmas Lady and stacking plates 2009

Photo of my den/library closeup
xmas

Here is a link that might be useful: My blog

o

Judith-so what inspires you this time of year in decorating? (or do you just take naps in preparation for spring-ha ha?)

o

Pamelak....LOL, that is a complicated answer, way to long and involved for GardenWeb ;)

Corner of my home

o

Yes, I know! But my home is all "spring cleaned" after Christmas and I guess it is rather spartan in appearance. (I may need to shop more-don't you think!HA!) Well, wherever you are at in the country enjoy the weather. We've had an exceptionally cold winter in Colorado so I will use this time to dream of what I'll put in my window flower box, and planters!

o

Judith, I didn't realize you had responded to my mantle question a long time back... My mantle is still waiting for something creative to happen to it! Thank you for posting your blog- it will be fun to look at!
I will see if I can post photos of the mantle for any ideas you may have if the offer is still open.

o

Sure, Ruthie s, glad to help if I can. You can reply here (on this post), or start a new Post on the "decorating side" of GW. But, I think the Post allowance on this particular Post here is getting ready to run out...I think a Post can only have 150 posts then it "ends" and people can't post to it any more.

o

Judith, I LOVE your tables and decorating. I discovered it a couple of years ago and have kept my eye open for a marble bust of a woman, like you have. I can't find one! Do you remember where you got her? Is she marble? I've searched my local stores and also on line. Does she have a name?

It's raining in my area today and I'm headed out to my local TJMaxx. You have inspired me again. - Sharon

o

Sharon, thank you :)

I purchased her a few years ago at Marshalls if I remember correctly. At one time when there was a constant flow of the male and female busts, I think she was only $12.00 or so. She is made from some kind of resin material.

I haven't had time in the last few months to do any decorating, I am remodeling, I have taken down 3 walls so far, which incorporates me redoing my livingroom, dining room and kitchen UGH! A major undertaking since I did the tear down 95% myself; fun but very messy, it looks like a tornado hit my house LOL. I am hoping by Christmas it will be mostly finished.

o

Thanks Judith for posting all those wonderful pictures.
Your tablescapes are stunning and inspiring.

Best of luck with your remodel - the hard part is getting through it but then you get to enjoy it. Bliss!

o

Judith-I hope you had a great year. I last posted to you January 18th of this year. I hope you will please inform us of where else you put your photos so that I may continue to "escape" to some lovely vinettes at your home! I have so loved looking at every tiny detail.
God bless,
Pam

o

Judith
Have searched 1/2 the nite trying to find the lovely china you have posted on your February 22nd, 2007 table. They are white, gold edged and have the large pink rose in the center. Would you mind telling me the info on the backside?
Thank you!
(I'm still trying to find those red/black plaid Christmas plates from Target too! I'll not give up!)

o
RE:accessorizing (from my previous post of Dec. 16th, 2010)

Hello Judith
It looks like your are no longer checking this site and I've tried emailing you but to no avail. I hope you are well. I miss your comments and viewing other lovely photos. Again, I pray all is ok.

o

bump

o
accessorizing

bump

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here