Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Purple!

Posted by peaches89 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 23, 06 at 12:25

Please post your favorite purple rooms here with the name and brand if you remember. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Purple!

This is an Ellen Kennon color--Lilac Mist. It is a soft a muted lilac.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

Our bathroom - (Martha Stewart's Kmart paint) "Thyme Flower"
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

EK Lilac - love the color

o

We have Behr Purple Surf in our upstairs bathroom. Love this color!

Here is a link that might be useful: purple

o

Bump

o

Pittsburg Paint "Heliotrope". Has a very gray base. Heliotrope is very similar to BM Wet Concrete, WC is probably a hint lighter and slighty more muted.

o

This is EK's Lavender Mist - grayish purple. I will be getting rid of the matching curtains. My girls call this room the hideous room bc it is too flowery. LOL I am not sure what color bedspread/curtains I should go with to match.
Any suggestions? How about a pale yellow or just white?

o

Will take another when the room is fully decorated and clean (ha - belongs to my 4 year old DD!) but this is SW Free Spirit.

o

Lets see if I do this right! The color is a Nick (Lowes) color. I think it was sponge bob and I think it was called 'Lava' something LOL

[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/mateasmom/IMG_3249.jpg[/img]

o

Here is my transformation of the hideous room! The girls like it much better - but I had to keep the pillow as a reminder of my floral bedspread!

o

I thought I'd try re-posting imjustagirl's photo:

o

bumping up colors threads

o

These are pix of my basement steps. The tops were the same pumpkin color, and the risers were white. I got tired of cleaning black scuff marks off the white risers. Was going to paint them black, but my gf said it would look like Halloween! Hubby suggested purple. I love purple, so thought I'd try it.

o
RE: Purple! Redux

Forgot to add - this was Behr's Deep Violet with Plum sponged on and then had to mix with white and sponge on. The Deep Violet and Plum were too close on the color scale.

o

bumping up the colors threads

o

My daughter's nursery in Behr's 'lavendar sparkle'

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Here is our purple bedroom. It's not totally finished yet but we love it so far. We painted the ceiling a very very light green and that helps with the INSANE amount of purple!!

o

bump

o

bump

o

My powder room in BM "lavender ice:"

Photobucket

o

bump

o

My previous house - BM Wet Concrete, first with the original stained trim and second with it painted BM White:

Photobucket
Photobucket

o

This is Sherwin Williams 6827. I've forgotten the name. The color of course changes a bit with the light, this is the brightest it ever looks.

Master Bedroom with bare windows

o

bumping

o

bump

o

My living room is done in "Hyacinth" by restoration hardware. I think they just discontinued the color though. :(

o

My living room. Behr's "geranium bud"
LR - sofa wall

LR with view to DR

o

Behr Violet Shadow in our not yet finished kitchen:
From Kitchen

I love it so much we'll probably do our guest bedroom this color.

o

"Soul Sister" by Citron Paint:

DR from LR corner

o

Behr - Silverberry, a very soft, muted color
Photobucket

o

bump

o

This is BM Pebble Creek. It looks very gray in low light, but clearly purple in sun and brighter light. It's not as red as Wet Concrete.

Low Light:
BM Pebble Creek

Bright Light:
BM Pebble Creek

o

Here is the 2nd bdrm of one of our former houses done in Behr's Disney Heffalump Purple:

o

bump

o

Bump

o

bump

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here