|I need some design assistance please. We have 2 leather chairs around our fireplace with bookshelves behind them. They face the couch on the opposite end of the room that has a coffee table next to the couch. My issue is that people who sit on the couch have the coffee table to put their drinks on but the people who sit on the chairs end up holding their drinks. I am not sure how to pair end tables e.g should it be 1 end table like an ottoman right in the middle of the chairs (but that will hide the nice fireplace view from the couch though :( ...) or 2 side tables next to each chair and if so on which sides and should they be the same? Maybe I should get nesting tables so that they can be moved around? Thanks for your help in advance.|
Image link: Where and what to use as side tables (30 k)
|I'd probably place a small, round pedestal table by each chair so that the view of the FP wouldn't be blocked. It would be nice for guests to have table surface on which to set their drinks.|
|I think if you are not using the fireplace, I would set a round commode table there, between them, move them closer together. Get one with some bulk to it and you can also place a plant upon it, perhaps one that has a door that opens and closes (but is obscured)or one that has openings where you can tuck magazines or whatever away. |
If, however, it is not large enough to accommodate drinks you could have a thick piece of glass cut round or square to set atop it.
You should be able to find such a table in many of the consignment or second hand stores, as the people who are in love with the lackluster ramshackle junk a/k/a furniture coming into our harbors in great steamers, the tasteless soulless are abandoning their parents and grandparents wonderful furniture en masse to consignment stores, flea markets, tag and yard sales.
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here