Fri, Apr 17, 09 at 21:46
|We had need of 2 very long curtain rods on our new screened in porch, so that we could pull tab top curtain panels, one way or the other, however we wished. The store bought curtain rods wouldn't work, so I did this. Bought 14 foot long stairway handrails. These are ash hardwood, very rigid, and can be cut to the length needed. They are available at hardware store in various lengths. I stained and waxed these, then mounted onto some simple hooks. These have worked very nice, and were not very expensive.
Easy to remove for cleaning. The tab top panels slide back and forth very nicely.
Image link: curtain rod on screened porch (33 k)
|What a good idea. Thanks for sharing.|
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here