Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bettycbowen

Is Baby Turtle green on the wall?

bettycbowen
15 years ago

After studying the green thread (I love those color threads, thanks for bumping them), I really like Baby Turtle for my kitchen. I got a paint chip, and am amazed by how un-green it is. And Flowering Herbs just below it. Do these actually look green on the wall, or is it just my monitor?

Comments (7)

• chloe203
    15 years ago

yes, baby turtle does look green on the wall in most locations. It is a very chameleon color. It can look a murky gray/brown mustard color. I have one area in my family room where it looks like that in the morning. I have a huge east window shining on that spot. Otherwise it pretty much looks green.

• ttodd
    15 years ago

I secretly freaked when I painted my LR BT. I had used Flowering Herbs before & was very pleased so I thought I'd be thrilled w/ BT. Got it all done & wondered what happened to the green. It looked flatly baby poop brownish something but I marched forward. I finally got the olive green curtains I wanted & I couldn't believe the difference it made. There is no doubt that these walls are green! I love it! As Chloe stated it is very chameleon like but I can do soooooo much w/ it as it reads so neutral. Wouldn't change a thing!

• mlraff53
    15 years ago

Yes it's green and I love it. It's not too green to overwhelm but it's not boring brown either. I matched it up with bronze curtains and they look amazing!

• redbazel
    15 years ago

I initially bought a quart of BT to paint my son's very light room. Even though my wall splotch was 2' wide, it looked like mud. So we went with something else entirely and I retired my quart of the Turtle into the linen closet. Then, about a year later, I was trying to find the 'right' soft gold for my LR walls after buying a black entertainment center and black-framed photos. (LR was a soft butter color) I tried this and that. I painted the entire entertainment center wall with each sample. I was sick of the whole thing and family was sick of me. So I pulled out some of my old quarts from other endeavors. I found the BT and painted part of this mirrored wall with it...

I let my family look at it that night and they were disgusted. DH said it looked like muck on the wall. DD was more unkind. But knowing full well that many colors come into their own only after getting the full 4-wall treatment, I decided to finish out my quart so I could throw the can away. I took my roller (I don't paint-brush splotch, that's for wimps!) rolled on another full pack of Turtle, and wrapped the color on around the corner going down the hall. Once I used up the whole can, I could see what I needed to do.

My LR isn't very well lit. In some lights it's hard to tell whether the wall is a brown green, a sage green or more greyed brown. But most of the time, it's wonderful. And I love the chameleon effect. Friends who loved the former soft butter yellow color came over to yell at me for painting over it. But they all loved the Turtle. It's a great backdrop for reds, for black, for cream for dark furniture. I recently changed the drapes from red chenille to a dark Waverly olive bronze color and I really like the effect.

Red

• bettycbowen
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks redbazel! That is a beautiful result and a good story. I've noticed that the friends who have looked at my splotches just kind of go, well, hmmmm, that will be interesting, I'm sure you'll make it work".

The light in my room seems similar to yours, and the wood floor appears, on my monitor, to be very near what we will be putting in (Ipe). So it really give me a good comparison, thanks again. I'll post photos when its done.

• redbazel
    15 years ago

Thanks, ezbake!

Betty, what did you finally do? Did you do the Turtle or something else?

Red

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer