I am new to the forum and seeking advice from the experienced members! We recently moved to a home about 23 yrs old. It is a waterfront property that sits on 4 1/2 acres of woods on the outskirts of a rural community near Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. We want to have a rustic cabin/cottage feel to it. The front of the home faces South.
We are going to put on a steel roof this summer and refinish the wood siding. Right now it is in horrible condition: very dried out and moldy in places. Given the state of the siding we are thinking that a semi-transparent stain or a solid colour stain would be best because we don't know how good we will be able to get the discolouration out of the wood when we clean and strip it. I am looking for colours for the roof and siding to go with the brick work on the bottom half of the house. Hopefully my pictures show things well (as you can see it started snowing again...) I did not alter the pictures with any editing since it can change colours. The brick on the bottom half of the house has peach and yellow tones as well as a little bit of grey and red.
Any advice greatly appreciated because I am at a loss!
Image link: Colour for Roof and Wood Siding? (55 k)
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here