Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandysmom_gw

Bland Living Room - help? Ideas?

brandysmom
12 years ago

Hi. I hate my living room/foyer/dining room. I painted it a super boring BM Oakwood Manor and it's so blah. My couches are gold/brown with hints of pumpkin, gray/blue and beige. It has soo much pattern, I flipped the cushions so it's just more brown and neutral. My problem is, with all the brown -- the brown rug, brown furniture, its just blah.

I tried some orange colors like SW Tatami Tan and it was too much. I'm not thinking of maybe BM Barley Harvest to make it a more definite gold?

A friend mentioned just painting the far wall as an accent wall, in a gray-blue or a reddish-orange color. I want it to feel warm and inviting. Is painting it a deeper gold going to be a mistake? I just want to pump some life in the room.

Then I'd need an idea for the dining room and the foyer. I love the BM Labrador Blue (from Modern Family foyer) and also the BM Precious Blue. But do blue and gold compliment?

I'd appreciate each and every comment, criticism, idea anyone has. You won't hurt my feelings. I just need help. :)

Thanks!!

Image link:

Comments (2)