Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
judithva_gw

Accessorizing 2

judithva
12 years ago

My previous Accessorizing post has reached its limit, so I am going to do a Part 2. You can get to that post by clicking on the link below.

These photos are from my Christmas 2011 dinner.

If you click on the pic, I think it will take you to my Flickr page where there are alot more pics.

I used green water goblets in this photo, but then decided to switch back to the clear.

The little details...

Here is a link that might be useful: Original Accessorizing Post

Comments (17)

• yborgal
    12 years ago

So beautiful! I could spend hours just sitting and looking at all of your pictures.

• judithva
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Monablair, thank you, you are always so supportive, I really appreciate it!

• yborgal
    12 years ago

Judith, my compliments to you are well deserved. I wish I had half of your talents.

Did you ever finish your home remodel? I remember seeing pics on the Smaller Home Forum.

• judithva
    Original Author
    12 years ago

mona, thanks again, I am glad that you like my pics, and that some others like them too. I sure enjoy other peoples creative offerings that post here at GW and on blogs.

The only other thing I have gotten done lately was to add in a chandlier above the dining table. My fix-it guy is too busy now to come back with his new job. I will try to find someone to at least do the 6ft wide wall dividing the DR from the kitchen. Although I don't think I will be able to do too much else.

Unfortunatly my cancer has come back, and although I am fortunate enought to have insurance, the copays and paying out the deductable is using all the rest of my available money. I will try to post a pic of the DR with the chandlier and a new table-setting, but I am limited to my "good days", the chemo this time is really kicking my butt. But, we'll see how it goes.

Thanks again for your appreciation, it means alot to me, especially at this time in my life.

• CaroleOH
    12 years ago

You definitely have a gift for not only with making the most beautiful tablescapes and vignettes, but also taking pictures of them that are just perfect.

I love all of your dinnerware, flatware - I'm just in awe. The green ceramic charger plates are exquisite.

I'm sorry to read your post about your cancer coming back, but look forward to seeing any future pictures you post when you're feeling better.

They are definitely magazine worthy!

• judithva
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Caroleoh, thank you for your kind words! I so enjoy doing photography, tablesettings, and decorating! Unfortunately with my cancer back it is really slowing me down physicially and financially.

I had bought the green charger plates at either T.J. Max or Marshalls a few years ago, there used to be much more of a selection then, but with this economy, the "pickings" are slim in my area.

• judithva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Better late than never I suppose. Just a few photos of Christmas 2013.
    The tree looks so much prettier in real life, it really did not photograph well....

Closeup of some of my collection of snowflakes, I have quite a few more, but this is all that I took of them so far.

Bar Cart. Excuse the mess next to it, I didn't remove it before the pic (I can always retake it since it is still up)

Looking into dining room. Part of the centerpiece.

• judithva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

One last one. It shows a part view of the coffee table centerpiece on a mirrored box.

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Judith, your tree is simply stunning! Tho that's no surprise after seeing others in past years. Thank you for posting this over on Holidays to share with the gang there, we've really missed you.

I'm glad to hear you're doing well again after such a horrible battle with the cancer returning and the Chemo.
    hugs, Karen

• judithva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Aw, you're so sweet Karen! I am still hanging in there.

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

Everything is SO elegant looking!! Thank you for posting and I'm glad you're feeling better!

• judithva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thank you Marlene_2008! I am feeling much better, I just try to take it one day at a time.

• marylmi
    10 years ago

Judith your tree is beautiful, as well as all of your decorations! You do such a magnificant job! Glad you are feeling better and wishing you a healthy new year!!

• mary_ruth
    10 years ago

I found an old link to take me to the Holiday board (cleaning up my lap top) and FOUND your post! LOVE that tree!!! and all the white and all the BLING! Glad to see you posting!

• Creekbum
    10 years ago

Absolutely Gorgeous! Judith, you never disappoint! Always the perfect settings!

• yayagal
    9 years ago

I've never seen these photos before, Judith, you've created an incredible feeling of "specialness" for all your guests. It's wonderful. I'm sorry to hear of your cancer and will support you with my prayers. Some journeys are just so much harder than others. I love that you continue using your creativity and keep it up, it's the doing that gets us through these tough times. God bless you.

• judithva
    Original Author
    9 years ago

mary760, maryruth, creekbum, yayagal, thank you so much for your comments, and especially your prayers :)
    I'm still hanging in!