|Here are the pics of our great room area. I posted the following message entitled "Should Woods Match?" on the discussion board, but I guess you can't put pictures there? Anyway, here is my question:
The kitchen cabinets are maple, the hardwood floors (which go throughout) are tiger wood (reddish-orangish-brownish with black streaks), and the sofas are a maroonish color (which I dont like, but oh well). The walls are going to be a camel color, with one wall in the kitchen being chocolate brown. I also want to put a shag rug in the family room area, and I don't know what color to get (either tan, brown, black, white, or cream).
I guess I have to post the pictures in the "gallery"? So I'll try to post them there under the title "Great Room colors"
Image link: Great Room Colors (54 k)
|Linda, just want you to know that a shag rug is brutal when you have kids or pets or even crumbs. I had one and got rid of it for those reasons. If it were me, I'd do the rug in a shade lighter than the camel rug. Take a paint sample whilst looking for the rug. Maybe you could find one with a little black and cranberry |
in it and then use black as the accent tables. I have several different types of wood in all my rooms and I love the variety. You can also used painted wood tables which really add charm to a room.
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here