Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
greys

Posted by sadie709 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 12, 08 at 11:34

Please post pictures of your grey rooms. Has anyone used a soft neutral grey in their bedroom. If so please post mfg and the color name. thanks !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: greys

I haven't used it in my bedrooms, but I'm trying to find an entry and living room color. I'll post my test swatches in case you like one of them.
The entry door wall is Foggy Bay by Do It Best (they use SW paint). It has a green cast and is somewhat similar to Restoration Hardware's Silver Sage.
The wall next to is Silver Screen by SW. A light taupe-y gray.
Photobucket

This color is my own experiment using a Pastel Base (Do It Best) with a measure of every color except black. My own poor man's attempt at something similar to full-spectrum. I work at a hardware store and was able to experiment with some paint we had to trash after someone drove into the front of the store. Very exciting. Anyway, it takes on a different cast depending on the lighting. Hints of green, or blue, or violet at different times of the day.
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

My kitchen in BM Beacon Gray:

View from breakfast nook

o

bump

o

bump up

o

looking for greys, bump

o

SW Requisite Gray

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Alcove is SW Backdrop

Photobucket

o

ttodd, that gray looks pretty awesome with your black and white prints. I look forward to seeing more grays from folks, as I'm dying to use it in our new home.

o

Here's another gray. BM Fieldstone Walls in my pool house I just remodeled. I used Aura Paint and loved it. It is soo gray on the paint card I thought my computer had really distorted the color when I found it on an inspiration site. When I got it on the walls it is gray in low light and goes really blue in bright light in the living room area. It is beautiful IMHO. I am not a big blue fan but, this color is really rich. Definitely use the Aura, it makes a big difference. I did one wall with regular BM paint and it wasn't near as rich. Can't explain it but, it made a big difference. I used 50% of the Fieldstone on the ceiling & in the back of the open cabinets.

BM Aura Fieldstone

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

bump

o

bump for Red

o

Here is Serena & Lily's Wharf:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

bump

o

bumpity boppity boo!

o

BM Grant Beige
BM Grant Beige,Grey,living room

BM Light Pewter
BM Light Pewter,grey,living romo,living room

BM Ozark Shadows Trad Home Idea House
BM Ozark Shadows,grey,bedroom

BM Seapearl
BM Seapearl,Grey,bedroom

BM Silver Fox
BM Silver Fox,greay,grey

BM Sandy Hook Gray
BM Sandy Hook Grey,grey,bedroom

F&B Blackened
dining room,grey,F&B Blackened,F&B
F&B Charleston Gray
F&B Charleston Gray,Grey

F&B Cornforth White
F&B,grey,F&B Cornforth White

F&B Hardwick WHite
F&B Hardwick White,grey

BM Oyster Shell
Grey,BM Oyster Shell,entry

BM Duxbury Gray
BM Duxbury Gray,home office

gray,bedroom

SW Comfort Gray
grey

F&B Pigeon
F&B,grey,F&B Pigeon,bedroom

F&B Pavilion Gray
F&B,Pavilion Grey,Grey,F&B Pavilion Gray,shades

Hickory Chair Furniture Ad
Hickory Chair,bedroom,grey

Cool Yellow & Grey room
gray,yellow,Doors

b

o

Sherwin Williams "Rain" in a northwestern facing bedroom.
Photobucket
Without flash
Photobucket

o

bump

o

bump

o

This is Behr Ultra's Natural Gray in our bedroom. My son only thinks this is his room.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Wow! I love Serena & Lily's Wharf! That is a striking color that may match the grey and yellow silk panels from half priced drapes they have. I ordered a swatch from them. This is really pretty.

o

bump

o

bump

o

Go Gophers!

o

I will give this a BUMP by saying that I still haven't seen that perfect grey! One that has colour but is not too dark, more light, more of a silverish, true grey.

Sigh...

o

Nanny if you're still out there, your bedroom is beautiful! I had now idea how much I liked grey and yellow together.

o

Blue? Gray? Not sure but I love this color and am copying it for my guest room. In progress now.

Photobucket

o

bump

o

Here is Glidden seal grey mixed in BM paint.

Photobucket

This is a few shades lighter on the card Granite gray also a glidden color

Photobucket

o

This is SW Palisade , sometimes I think it is taupe and other times I think it is gray.

Photobucket

o

bump

o

BM Pebble Beach

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Beauti-Tone Gray Cashmere

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here