Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oceanna_gw

Bedroom inspirations - please post yours!

oceanna
16 years ago

I have a lot of inspiration bedroom photos to post. If you deserve credit for any of them, please speak up and claim it! Where I know the designers, I will say.

First, here are two stunning Art Nouveau style beds:

{{gwi:1531622}}

{{gwi:1531623}}

Next, four Arts & Crafts style pictures (the first two are of one room):

{{gwi:1531624}}

{{gwi:1531625}}

{{gwi:1531626}}

{{gwi:1531627}}

The next one by Ashley Whittaker, designer:

{{gwi:1531628}}

{{gwi:1531629}}

This next three have Bradbury & Bradbury wallpaper:

{{gwi:1531630}}

{{gwi:1531631}}

{{gwi:1531632}}

{{gwi:1531633}}
This is the underside of that canopy:

{{gwi:1531634}}

{{gwi:1531635}}

Susan Goldtick designed these nest three Barcelona beds:

{{gwi:1531637}}

{{gwi:1531638}}

{{gwi:1531639}}

{{gwi:1531640}}

{{gwi:1531641}}

{{gwi:1531642}}

{{gwi:1531643}}

Designer Betsy Burnham:

{{gwi:1531644}}

{{gwi:1531645}}

{{gwi:1531646}}

{{gwi:1531647}}

{{gwi:1531648}}

Very old and exactly as it was:

{{gwi:1531649}}

{{gwi:1531650}}

{{gwi:1531651}}

Comments (63)

• mcfromct
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

my BR inspiration pics...

• oceanna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for sharing your pics! Many of those I hadn't seen before and they're lovely. I see you like a few of the same ones I do too. :)

The one with the little dogs on the bed would make a divine little girl's room, wouldn't it? And the little boy's room with the "airplane" nose crashed through the wall should please any little boy - very cool.

I love the pale blue one with the gingham curtains. It just looks so cool and breezy. And oh how fabulous it would be to have a master bedroom big enough for a fireplace! The brown walled one with the "M's" looks so crisp. Just lovely.

• black-thumb
    16 years ago

Great pics! When I saw this one I thought they are trying redo padded rooms in insane asylums to give the patients the illusion of being in a normal home.

{{gwi:1531950}}.

• patricianat
    16 years ago

I am amazed at the amount of collecting you gals have done but I am humbled by Oceana's time and effort to share all this, because that is very time consuming and someone has to love people, decorating and sharing in order to go to such great lengths Oceana, my hat tip to you. Like Squirrel with her photoshops and Les with her ability to pick apart even the smallest detail and make it all right, I am still amazed and humbled by some who give so willingly to others.

• oceanna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you for your kind words, Patricia. I get so much from all of you I want to give something back.

• dixiedo
    16 years ago

Posting our bedroom... it can't compete with the others above, but we like it!!

(PS mcfromct, I saved the "Joy" pic off RMS as well.. love that room!!)

• oceanna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow, Dixie, that looks great! How did you do the draperies behind your pretty bed? Is that a crown canopy? Do you have any close up pics of it? I enlarged your pic a little and lightened it up a bit so I could see it better. Nice job!

{{gwi:1532012}}

• brutuses
    16 years ago

oceanna, all I get is a red X.

• patricianat
    16 years ago

Brutuses, defrag, clean cache.

• brutuses
    16 years ago

Patricia, what you just wrote is Greek to me. Is that "cleaning" up my computer? Thanks I'll have to pass that on to DH.

• susanlynn2012
    16 years ago

I just love looking at all the bedroom inspiration rooms to give me ideas. Some of them are so beautiful. I especially love the lavender checkered bedroom and wish that was mine when I was growing up and craved a purple bedroom but my mom thought little girls should have pink bedrooms. Thank you Oceana! I also love the lavender another poster posted and so many other rooms especially one Shabby Chic bedroom. SO beautiful. I will have to come back to this gallery to save my favorite pics.

• love-my-lilhome
    16 years ago

Just for a few minutes there I was wishing I had a 50 bedroom house so I could decorate each.

Just for a few. Then I remembered the dusting. Whee....
    lest we forget!

Have you ever seen so much beauty??????? A person could nearly overdose on the eye beauty.
    I loved so many of them.

Thank you oceanna for the time you have put into all these pictures.

Its appreciated so much and I know I'm speaking for many
    others on here when I say how much enjoyment your posting is giving all of us.

Linda

• oceanna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Brutuses,
    I really hope your DH can help you see the pictures. There are so many great ideas here!

Lynn,
    I'm with you. I try to imagine myself in the rooms and see how it makes me feel. I examine the details, especially in the ones that delight my heart. I've discovered quite a few good ideas by doing that, that I can apply to my own home -- even though the picture may be very different from my room. I agree with you that the lilac check one is gorgeous, very simple yet elegant, and so soothing. It would be a lovely place to be. I will be coming back to these threads over and over for ideas myself.

Linda,
    Haha! I hear you on the dusting. I love a lot of them too. Some, nah, but I figured that someone would and I wanted something for everyone. You're very welcome! I'm so happy to know you are enjoying the pics. It makes all the work worthwhile. Thanks for letting me know. I hope these threads will remain here for a long time to come, for us to reference any time we're facing a decorating question.

Now would you believe -- I've found more lovely bedrooms to post here! When I can...

• dixiedo
    16 years ago

oceanna, this is actually a good story:

I was on a mad witch hunt to find bedding I liked for our new bed. I stumbled upon this set at TJ Maxx and fell in love. Next mission: drapes! SO I go into Marshalls, and low and behold in the clearance section is the drapery set to this bedding! HOw crazy!! Of course, there was only one, so I had to get creative.... the set consisted of 2 panels, 2 tiebacks, and one ascot valance. I used one panel per window, used he tiebacks on the cornice board down the center to tie in the pattern, and hung the ascot valance over the bed under the cherry ledge moulding. The fabric you are seeing on the outside of the bed-drape thing is actually pieces of the bedskirt (which we didn't want to use), cut and fused onto the edges of a plain sheer panel. I am very pleased with the way it turned out considering I got 2 windows and an over hte bed treatment for like $12.00!!! Can you believe it?? I'll try to find a closer pic for you later!

• pugga
    16 years ago

Thank you, thank you for the beautiful inspiration! I've been struggling with what to do with my bedroom for months and needed something like this to set my direction.

• oceanna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow, Dixie, what a clever gal you are! That's my kinda decorating you're describing -- when I win, that is. I once covered all four of my kitchen chairs for $1.98 out of the remnant bin with the most perfect fabric! Those are the triumphs we remember, eh? Your bedroom looks like a million bucks!

Pubba, you are so welcome! I hope you see some things here that help you get un-stuck so you can march forward into the bedroom of your dreams. There are so many great ideas in these photos. I could (and would, and will) study them for hours.

• melsy4
    16 years ago
  • oceanna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Great pics, Melsy! I especially love the fourth one.

• oceanna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

{{gwi:1532022}}

{{gwi:1532023}}

{{gwi:1532024}}

{{gwi:1532025}}

{{gwi:1532026}}

{{gwi:1532027}}

Gamble House
    {{gwi:1532028}}

• soonermagic
    16 years ago

• oceanna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sooner -- wow that's a gorgeous bed and a lovely room!

{{gwi:1532032}}

{{gwi:1532033}}

{{gwi:1532034}}

{{gwi:1532035}}

{{gwi:1532036}}

{{gwi:1532037}}

{{gwi:1532039}}

{{gwi:1532040}}

{{gwi:1532042}}

{{gwi:1532044}}

{{gwi:1532045}}

{{gwi:1532046}}

{{gwi:1532048}}

{{gwi:1532050}}

{{gwi:1532051}}

• txcat
    15 years ago

These are from my inspiration file.....

• oceanna
    Original Author
    15 years ago

A few masculine bedrooms, and a few examples of accessorizing in bedrooms...

{{gwi:1532057}}

{{gwi:1532058}}

{{gwi:1532059}}

{{gwi:1532060}}

{{gwi:1532061}}

{{gwi:1532062}}

{{gwi:1532063}}

{{gwi:1532064}}

Kathy Ireland
    {{gwi:1532065}}

{{gwi:1532066}}

{{gwi:1532067}}

{{gwi:1532068}}

• oceanna
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump

• oceanna
    Original Author
    15 years ago

{{gwi:1532070}}

{{gwi:1532071}}

{{gwi:1532072}}

{{gwi:1532073}}

{{gwi:1532074}}

{{gwi:1532075}}

{{gwi:1532076}}

• oceanna
    Original Author
    15 years ago

• oceanna
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I hope folks are still enjoying this thread. Here are some new pics for you. As always, if YOU designed any of these, please step up and take the credit. If you have some fun pics to add, please do. And don't forget to also look in the Cottage Decor thread, if you like the style, and also in the baby/Toddler and Kids' threads if you're looking for a kid's room. I've been adding new pics to all of them.

• credomk
    15 years ago

So many gorgeous pictures! Thanks, Oceanna and everyone else for posting these. I especially love the one with the sage green metal bed in the first posting--if only my daughter would let me decorate her room like that. (She wants black and orange, because she's a Tigger. Maybe someday her tastes will change...she's only 4.5 years old.)

• bodiCA
    15 years ago

Dark as a neutral'

Double crown to raise look of ceiling,

Sheers for ceiling and windows

Different beam and light detail

• bodiCA
    15 years ago

This is the perfect Bedroom Entertainment Center,
    see the TV?

• bodiCA
    15 years ago

• bodiCA
    15 years ago

• bodiCA
    15 years ago

• loribee
    14 years ago

I've never seen such gorgeous rooms before....
    Many thanks to Oceanna and to everyone else for collecting and posting all of these lovely bedrooms! :)

• kcthatsme
    14 years ago

I think this bedroom furniture is really fun from www.citystylefurniture.com.

• sedeno77
    14 years ago

Thanks for all the gorgeous rooms!

• kiko_gw
    14 years ago

These bedrooms are all by Jan Showers:

{{gwi:1532189}}

{{gwi:1532190}}

{{gwi:1532191}}

{{gwi:1532192}}

{{gwi:1532193}}

{{gwi:1532194}}

• TxMarti
    13 years ago
  • oceanna
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Marti, for the additions. :)

A few more...

• oceanna
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here are a few more ...

• nicole__
    13 years ago

• pjtexgirl
    13 years ago

Actually, I only like the "real" rooms people have posted from their actual homes. They look bright, uncluttered and livable. I don't really care too much for any of the designer rooms.

• nicole__
    13 years ago

• emagineer
    12 years ago

Bump

• pippi21
    12 years ago

Thanks for all the inspirations..some are beautiful, some gaudy and stuffy, some elegant but not practical, some are cozy and you could see yourself crawling right in the bed and going off to sleep right away.

It is really nice to have a large bedroom, it helps when decorating it. My DH and I have had our separate bedrooms for at least 3 years. I'd like to decorate it but it is hard to find something a solid color that he'd like, is not too expensive, and I can take to the laundrymat and wash myself. Oh, I could go with a quilt or comforter but most of them are large bold plaids, strips or flowery. I want something that will hang over the dust ruffle, maybe with a scallopped edge. The builder installed all rooms with electric baseboard heat in the house when they were built in 1977, and each room has a separate thermostat to control the temperature of the room, which we like but you can't have floor to ceiling drapes because of the baseboard heat register. I use mini-blinds and valances. The furniture is dark cherry, Traditional style. His headboard is one we had for our guest room in former home..kind of light aqua silk headboard that he has ruined from the natural oils in his hair. I've been thinking of recovering the headboard with a leather or replacing it with a wooden one.

Any suggestions?

• emagineer
    12 years ago

bump

• oceanna
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Emagineer, thanks for the bump! These things do get lost.

Here is another update: