Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goldgirl_gw

Laser treatment for under eye circles/bags?

goldgirl
10 years ago

I know there have been a few threads about cosmetic surgery, but I couldn't find anything regarding this specific treatment. Anyone had it? I've had dark circles my entire life, but they never really bothered me until the last few years. They make me look tired, even when I'm not. I've seen a couple of things on TV about lasers being used with pretty impressive results in something like 15 minutes. No idea about cost.

I'm over 50, but have never been to a dermatologist because I've been lucky enough to have good skin, except for a mild case of rosacea that's never been bad enough for me to treat. Do all dermatologists do cosmetic procedures? Do they all try to up sell you on additional procedures?

Comments (7)

• goldgirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sending this down . . .

• terezosa / terriks
    10 years ago

Not sure why you are sending this down, but I did want to comment on the fact that you have never seen a dermatologist. You should probably be seeing one regularly to do a general skin cancer check. Which reminds me - I need to make my appointment!

• yayagal
    10 years ago

Try Dermablend for cover up, it works great. I saw Dr. Oz speaking about a dr. in Boston that fills in the area and he is considering getting it himself. Check out his site, there may be some info there.

• goldgirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Terriks - I made an appointment with one the other day, which is what prompted me to ask. Not sure what to expect.

As far as coverups, I've tried everything over the years, and the product approach just doesn't work anymore. So I'm looking at any other options out there.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

I know my girlfriend had a problem with dark bags under her eyes, but I think she had something like liposuction done to them. This was years ago. I was just looking at her pics on FB and I have to say that whatever she did does not seem to have helped much. However, maybe the dark bags would have been even worse had she not had the procedure. Her heritage is Southern Italian (Sicily) and everyone in her family has dark olive skin and the same circles under the eyes.

I think there is a treatment using light pulses, if the circles are caused by excess pigment, not allergies, etc.

• tinam61
    10 years ago

My internist does a full body skin cancer check.

Sorry Gold - I do not know anything about this procedure, but I might be tempted to check moreso with a plastic surgeon. Just a thought.

tina

• funnygirl
    10 years ago

I had laser done years ago by a dermatologist who specialized in cosmetic procedures. My issue was crow's feet under my eyes which began developing in my 20's. She also did the eyelids for a little lift. It was one of the best things I've ever done for myself! I can't address bags/circles but hope you'll report what your derm says about it, as well as the results should you move forward with the procedure. I would have no qualms about having a derm do the procedure assuming they are board certified, have a lot of experience with the procedure, etc. I knew within just a few minutes of talking with her that she was the one I wanted to do it (the testimonials around her office from local and national celebs didn't hurt either:). She didn't push, just provided me with info and before/after photos of patients she had done the procedure on. She was wonderful!