Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

I Have a New Furbaby. . . Meet Sasha!

lynninnewmexico
9 years ago

This was a wonderful Christmas surprise for us. The other day our Tibetan Spaniel, Chloe's, breeder got in touch with me to see if we were interested in adopting one of her dogs. Free{{gwi:807}}, if we were a good fit with this adorable little 3 year old. Champion blood lines, but no longer able to breed. She's had two litters, but our breeder (one of the tops in the country) doesn't believe in much more than two litters. Anyhoo, she is a perfect fit for our family{{gwi:807}} and came home with us to her new forever home this afternoon. Chloe and Ronin have taken to her already. We'll have her spayed (part of our adoption agreement) after the holidays. Sasha is a little cuddle bug and very affectionate. We love her already. Meet our early Christmas gift, Sasha , on the right.
PS: that's my DD holding them.
Lynn

This post was edited by lynninnewmexico on Sun, Dec 21, 14 at 21:04

Comments (23)

• alex9179
    9 years ago

Adorable! Now she can enjoy herself and not worry about more babies...'cause babies are crazy!

• vwhippiechick
    9 years ago

Sweet! Lucky her to find a forever home! So many sweeties out there still looking.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

She is beautiful! A little Chloe Noel! Enjoy your years together!

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Whoops, a little Sasha Noel!

• jlj48
    9 years ago

She's a very pretty dog! Enjoy her!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

Aw, what a pair of cuties! Lucky you. She is a lucky pup, too!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Oh how adorable! Who couldn't help but fall in love. Congrats!

• LynnNM
    9 years ago

Thank you. Our Doberman, Ronin, is a rescue dog. We absolutely do not have to have purebreds, though. Chloe's breeder was a personal friend of our family long before we got her. What attracted us to Tibbies is that, through our friend,we came to know how wonderfully and how humanely they were raised and bred. But sweet little Sasha just kind of fell into our laps and lives the other day. She needed a forever home where she could just be a furkid. Part of a family and loved for the sweet little girl she is. Her show days are over and her forever family life has started today with us. DD and I took "the girls" out shopping this afternoon at PetsMart. What fun! New collars. New tags. New bowls. Lots of cuddles. Did I mention how much we love our furkids?
    Lynn

• neetsiepie
    9 years ago

What a sweetie pie! Glad your breeder is conscientious about not over breeding.

I got DH a new furkid for Christmas-a little orange polydactyl bundle of mischief. He's over the moon in love with his new kitty. Our local Saturday Market has a Holiday Market and they have pet adoptions available-I've gotten two of my other cats from them and now this little guy has come to join our family. We've been trying to come up with a name for him for a week, we've finally settled on McNuckets. I'll try to get a photo of him-he's a little ham.

Merry Christmas to your furkids from all of mine!

• covingtoncat
    9 years ago

What pretty pups! Congrats to you all.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    9 years ago

Congratulations! Shasa is adorable. I read this as my two youngest, Riley and Rooney are racing through the house like mad men. I think we need the dog equivalent of Elf on the Shelf. I know that your fur babies are calm and well-behaved!

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

OMG, when I first read your headline, I thought it says, "Furby", and I was going to send you my condolences.

How adorable, and how nice that Chloe has a canine companion now.

This post was edited by Tibbrix on Tue, Dec 23, 14 at 9:39

• kswl2
    9 years ago

Congratulations, mama Lynn!

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Sasha is beautiful, Lynn! I just saw Pesky's new kitty, and now another new furbaby addition to your family! Such great adoption stories too! I know you must be thrilled to have Sasha come into your home and fit in so well.

• eandhl
    9 years ago

Thank you for sharing. My Awwww for the day.

• eandhl
    9 years ago

Thank you for sharing. My Awwww for the day.

• teacats
    9 years ago

What an adorable sweetheart face!!!

Two wonderful sweethearts! :)

Sending along cuddles and love to all! :)

• caminnc
    9 years ago

OMG, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss!!! My lips are a bow with the best wishes for many happy years with that cutie!!! Meeerrryyyy Christmas Lynn!!!!!!

• lynninnewmexico
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for all the kind words. Sasha is doing wonderfully and has already captured all of our hearts. She is a very mellow, calm and sweet-natured little girl. Her breeder, my friend, called me last night to see if we were going to keep her, as another person wanted her. YES we want her! THIS is her forever home! She follows me around like a little lamb and is always ready to cuddle. DD, DH and I are making sure, though, that Chloe and Ronin are getting equal cuddle time so as not to fan the jealousy flames. Here's a pic DD took of Sasha and Chloe last night. One on each sofa in our living room just relaxing and enjoying. Thanks again for welcoming our new little fur kid. As I said, her show days are over and now is the start of her life as a beloved member of a family. Our family.
    Lynn

• gsciencechick
    9 years ago

So happy! She looks like she is settled right in. What a wonderful Christmas gift!

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

What a great pic. Your LR is to-die-for gorgeous, Linen.

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

HOORAY!!!! I love happy holiday pet adoption stories!

(and from what I "know" of you through GW, she couldn't have found a more wonderful forever home and family!!!)

• homersmom
    9 years ago

Congratulations on your new fur baby! Very cute!!