Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

yes!! we got tix for bison/unh fri. battle!!

Faron79
10 years ago

DD was able to get 3 tix for this Friday-nights ESPN2 prime-time game against the UNH-Wildcats!
If we win...it's off to Frisco, TX for a 3rd National-Championship!

7PM CST on ESPN2...this Fri. night...Hopefully, a new deafening db-level can be achieved!!!

Wish some of you Football fans could be there!!!

Faron

Comments (23)

• texanjana
    10 years ago

That's awesome, Faron! I will be watching.

• nhbaskets
    10 years ago

UNH arrived earlier today in Fargo. We're all looking forward to watching a great game tomorrow night. Go Cats! #IBelieveInUNH

• nhbaskets
    10 years ago

Short video of the trip from Durham to Fargo.

Here is a link that might be useful: UNH Football

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I just woke up a bit ago...had "that test" (recommended for most 50+ y/olds) this am that you have to drink a gallon for...Uffda!

I'm gonna watch our local sports now, to see if they have some video/interviews, etc.!!

Faron

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That was a neat little video!

Pretty cold here now! We're right at 0 now!
    Saw the steam on their breath comin' out the plane...

Faron

• nhbaskets
    10 years ago

Faron, what's this I read about your tailgating tents being heated? If that's the case, don't keep talking about the temperature since you go from a heated tent to a heated dome. None of that here in NH. Like the Patriots, we play outside, tailgating and on the field.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Too funny!
    Yeah...many tailgaters have heaters of some sort. Many don't tho'! I doubt you have weather as cold as we do...as FREQUENTLY as we do anyway...;-)

Separately... I'll never understand why the Pats built an open stadium. Obviously, $$$$ isn't an issue! I can understand playing in 20-degree weather, but 0 or below is just punishment. And yes...we used to go to many frozen Bison games!
    THANK GOD the Vikings are building a near-$Billion new house with a ROOF! Games are funner with a roof IMO.

Faron

• nhbaskets
    10 years ago

In the Pats case not having a dome is an advantage when the majority of teams come to Foxboro this time of year.

Hope your procedure went well. Been there, done that numerous times.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks UNH!

I wasn't able to go to a Vikes game outdoors when they played @ the old "Metropolitan Stadium" where the Mall-of-America now sits! The Metrodome/MOA-Field opened in 1982 I believe.

The new Vikes palace will occupy the same footprint in downtown Minneapolis where the dome is now. Metrodome demoliton starts after their last home game.

The Vikes will play outdoors at the new U-of-M Gophers stadium for 2 years tho'! BTW...the Bison BEAT them the last 2-out-of-3 we played them...;-)

Nowadays, I don't think near as many people would go to games in Winter up here. It's just too damn cold sometimes. Most would stay home and use their HD TV's!!

Faron

• Bethpen
    10 years ago

I have a daughter who is a senior at UNH and a husband who is an alum...we'll be cheering for the Wildcats!

Beth P.

• nhbaskets
    10 years ago

BethWhat college is she in? I work in CEPS.

This post was edited by nhbaskets on Thu, Dec 19, 13 at 22:02

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm SO glad we can watch this on a major network...on a Friday night! Well...I'll be there, but at least other fans can enjoy it without hunting-down some obscure channel!

I'll be in the North endzone seats, ~ 1/2way up. The Bison enter the field thru the helmet right in front of me...part of our cool "Thunderstruck" intro.!

Faron

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey!!

Saw on my FB that ESPN named FARGO as their FAVE ESPN College-Gameday location for this season!!
    Doesn't surprise me...;-)

Faron

• blfenton
    10 years ago

I can't stand football (is that what we're talking about here?) but I just had to say that Faron, your enthusiasm for the game and your team is so infectious! Good luck to your team for tomorrow. So cool that you can be there to watch.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

From the NDSU-Bison FB-page:
    This person will be watching from Kansas-State. They were Big-12 Champs last year, & were celebrating a major stadium upgrade...
    Then the Bison came down on a hot August evening, and rained on their parade....no one gave us much of a chance...Go Bison!

Faron

North Dakota State Bison
    23 hours ago
    Bison Nation, we want to know:

Where will you be cheering from for tomorrow's NCAA Semifinal?

The Bison play New Hampshire at 7pm CST at the Fargodome on ESPN2 for the right to play in the National Championship game. Bison Pride is worldwide!
    Photo: Bison Nation, we want to know: Where will you be cheering from for tomorrow's NCAA Semifinal? The Bison play New Hampshire at 7pm CST at the Fargodome on ESPN2 for the right to play in the National Championship game. Bison Pride is worldwide!
    37Like ÷ ÷ Share

Top Comments
    420 people like this.
    Faron Jerstad
    Write a comment...
    Diane Jungels Smith Las Vegas!!!
    Like ÷ Reply ÷ 2 ÷ 23 hours ago via mobile
    Terry R. Summers Kansas City...right near where it all began, this year! The locals began the evening commemorating last years BIG 12 championship and The $90M+ upgrade to the Bill Snyder Family Stadium. It ended with this celeBration by Bison nation!
    Terry R. Summers's photo.
    Like ÷ Reply ÷ 18 ÷ 23 hours ago
    3 Replies

• nhbaskets
    10 years ago

Leaving work shortly for a pre-game gathering on the UNH campus. Go Cats!

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nhb-
    If you see this...

Have FUN, good luck (they're gonna need it!), & enjoy the evening WAAAaaayyy out East!

Regards from the center of the Continent-
    Faron

• nhbaskets
    10 years ago

Good luck Faron. I know UNH will lay it all out on the field. We'll know at the end of 60 if it's enough. Have one for me!

• Bethpen
    10 years ago

Nhbaskets, she is in COLA, Psychology, Justice Studies majors with a couple of minors I can't remember. Not all that interested in football. :) DH is watching in NH and I'm watching here.

Beth P

• nhbaskets
    10 years ago

Well, at the start of the 4th quarter it certainly doesn't look good for UNH. Game started out very exciting with a pic 6 and a fumble return. Glad the team gave our Wildcat fans who traveled to Fargo something to cheer about. This past week was fun leading up to the game. Kind of like imagining winning the lottery. Now it's time to concentrate on UNH Hockey. Still, IBelieveinUNH!

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

After those 1st 2 minutes...I was kinda wondering!!!

Then, we buckled-down & played like we usually have done this year! I think we rolled-up over 500+ yds. of offense total.

On to Frisco! THREE. IN. A. ROW...

I LOVE a t-shirt we have up here..."We messed with Texas, & all we got was a National-Championship!"

Faron

• awm03
    10 years ago

Ohmygosh, Faron, that is some fearsome team. I was happy for you, and sorry for nhbaskets. (Better luck in hockey, nhb! )

It's a Bison stampede to Frisco :)

• Bethpen
    10 years ago

Faron, that was quite the game! Congratulations!

Beth P.