Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beaglesdoitbetter1

A dog's life :)

My puppies seem to have taken very favorably to our new house in FL. Bailey has decided the hammock is his new favorite spot in the world and I got this cute picture of him today and wanted to share. He looks like he's having a tough like, doesn't he:
{{gwi:2136199}}

And of course, not to be outdone, Molly also seems to enjoy lounging in the sun!
{{gwi:2136200}}

Anyone else have cute doggy pics? Any pups dressed up for the holiday season?

Comments (25)

• emmarene9
    9 years ago

Holidays are hard on us all.

• jackson2348
    9 years ago

We had a big Christmas party last night. She's all worn out from entertaining.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Beagles, thanks for posting. Your pooches are precious, they sure seem laid back and enjoying life!

• mojomom
    9 years ago

Your beagles are so cute! My Jack with my grandpup, Utah, last Christmas. They love each other and are in constant motion when together. Utah is the reason the tree had to move to the foyer last year. He ate the first one. Since this is a decorating forum, I'll confess that he also has since eaten the loveseat. American Leather was able to repair the damage, but the loveseat and matching couch are in storage until Utah out grows this phase (at least we hope he will -- Jack did the same thing but out grew it soon after turning 2). In the meantime, DD found some nice looking but inexpensive mission style couches so she can remove the cushions when Utah is being left unsupervised.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

These are two of my honeylambs, sitting on my lap. So much for reading the NY Times online that morning!

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

And another crashed on the sofa

• legomom23
    9 years ago

Helping decorate the tree. Actually sleeping is a help! Better than eating the ornaments!!

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Everyone's puppies are so cute!

jackson2348, your girl does look tired (and beautiful)! I'm sure she was the life of the party!

holly-kay, they definitely enjoying a little R&R! They used to run around the lanai and do patrol laps but now they're 7 and 8 and just like to lay around in the sun!

mojomom, LOL. Bailey ate TWO tempurpedic mattresses before his second birthday. He's lucky he's cute. He still hasn't grown out of eating stuff he shouldn't yet, so I hope Utah is a faster learner. They look so adorable snuggled up together.

Tibbrix, such silky puppy heads your dogs have. I'm sure petting those little heads is way better than reading the news! Your third pup blends really well into the couch :)

beautiful pup legomom. Looking very content in his/her chair! Pretty tree too :)

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

One of Santa's reindeer...

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

...and another.

• maddielee
    9 years ago

MurphIE Brown

• annac54
    9 years ago

What's Christmas without new toys?

• badgergal
    9 years ago

My DD and I were doing a little photo shoot with her infant daughter. We stopped to put the baby down for a nap and when we returned we found their dog Rosco laying right were we had been taking pictures of the baby, so we put a Santa hat on him and let him have his own photo shoot. Here is couple of his poses

{{gwi:2136201}}

{{gwi:2136202}}

• User
    9 years ago

Ours refuse to wear Christmas attire--- or any attire, for that matter!

Maddie likes to perch on a sofa where she can watch all entrances, she is our Jack Rat and a terrier to the core:

• User
    9 years ago

Charlie is an outdoors kind of guy. He evidently thinks we need a fire pit in the backyard because he is trying to dig one:

• User
    9 years ago

And my beloved Mr. Fluffy, the reason God made pets:

Adding that none of our pets is especially beautiful, or extra intelligent (one is quite dim, in fact), or anything other than sweet and loving companions whose raison d'être is to bring joy to our lives. And they do!

Happy Holidays, from our pets to yours! ðÂÂÂðÂÂÂð ð¶

This post was edited by kswl on Sun, Dec 14, 14 at 6:59

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

aaaaaaah, all of the above are so fun to see, thanks for sharing your furry friends !!

kswl, that last one you posted is specially perfect, you could make greeting cards ....

• maddielee
    9 years ago

Duplicate post, deleted

{{gwi:2136194}}

This post was edited by maddielee on Sun, Dec 14, 14 at 8:35

• nhbaskets
    9 years ago

Our Bingo taking a snooze in his favorite chair. Like kswl's pooches, he refuses to wear anything but a collar. Once in awhile I can sneak a jungle bells collar on him.

Merry Christmas, all.

{{gwi:2136203}}

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Unfortunately I can't have a dog of my own because of the most ironic of reasons: I'm a dog sitter. So none of the above are mineâ¦but they're "mine", if you know what I mean. Love 'em all.

Playing the morning after a big snowfall.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Aww sueb20, they are so cute and such good sports about the reindeer ears. I tried so hard one year to get mine into Santa hats and it took approximately 2 hours for me to get a picture where they were not trying to eat the santa hats off of each others heads. I won't do that again! This is how most of my pictures turned out:
    {{gwi:2136204}}

maddielee, MurphIE Brown looks so cute in front of your pretty tree :)

AnnaC54, lucky dog to get presents. And good dog to tolerate the santa hat!

badgergal, that's so funny that your pup decided to pose for pictures after seeing the baby do it! LOL!

kswl, your three are beautiful! Charlie's face with the mud covered paws is so perfect, it looks like that pic could be a commercial for Stanley Steamer carpet cleaners or something, LOL!

nhbaskets, Bingo looks so comfy. I call mine cinnamon bun beagles when they get all curled up like that!

Tibbrix, the snow looks deeper than the little one up front, LOL!

Everyone's dogs are so cute!

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Beagles, the snow that morning was much deeper than dear Maggie is tall! She stayed on the deck, needless to say!

Lol@Baxter's snowy legs.

• homersmom
    9 years ago

This was taken two years ago, but remains one of my favorite holiday pics of my pups. We lost Homer (black lab) to a brain tumor in July. He was a great dog and a loyal companion.

• blfenton
    9 years ago

Your dogs are all so cute and funny and so full of personality.

Beagles - does your beagle not fall out of the hammock as he's trying to get in? And the blurry one that you took trying to get a posed picture is too funny.

Years ago when cameras were still film cameras, my dad wanted a picture of their dog for Christmas and put into a frame. It took 2 rolls of 36 to get a picture of their dog. It was well worth it and he loved it.

No dog here (just cats) but I love all your pictures.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh my goodness, ogoopogo, those snow covered legs are so cute!

homersmom, what a beautiful picture. Sorry about your loss of Homer. He looks like he had a happy life!

blfenton, Bailey knows he needs help getting in (he figured that out really quickly the first time he tried to climb up!). He jumps up on that ottoman that I have there for him (which is supposed to go w/ my furniture set) and then paws at the hammock to let me know he's ready for me to help him on. I go and hold the hammock and he climbs on and settles himself in the middle so he stays stable.