Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peegee_gw

Hot Topics??

peegee
10 years ago

I've heard mention of a forum with this name this, but can't find it....

Comments (9)

• DLM2000-GW
    10 years ago

HA! It's well hidden! In the blue header above, the drop down for Forums, then Gardens then alphabetically within Topics to Hot Topics - logical, huh? Or follow my link below

Here is a link that might be useful: Hot Topics

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    10 years ago

Put your armor on first. It's too controversial for the sake of provocation to interest me. Besides, I don't care that much.

• tishtoshnm Zone 6/NM
    10 years ago

The Hot Topics forum can be fun. I have learned many things there and there have also been some very interesting discussions. I have also been exposed to some blogs that I might not have otherwise come across that I found to be thought provoking.

But, Hot Topics can also be brutal and sometimes devolves into juvenile personality clashes so consider yourself informed.

• golddust
    10 years ago

The problem with the HT forum is it's mostly filled with Ad Hominen remarks that get in the way of intelligent debate. It's fine to disagree with ideas but attacking the person blocks conversation and makes the posters look infantile in their communication style.

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

I did not know it existed until now, so last night perused it a bit because I thought it sounded interesting. I like a debate/intelligent discussion, but a lot of what I read was beyond the pale.....

• Elraes Miller
    10 years ago

I made a mistake and posted a 2 line comment on there...Ooops.

There is a very good reason the forum is buried in such an odd place to find.

What bugs me is the same people repeating the same constant comments. They could be cut and paste. Plus ones who have to demean whatever they feel like for the day.

When first reading the forum, I thought it was interesting and learned a few things. Going back it is the same thing and gets totally off topic. You have to wade through comments to get any viable information. I do respect those who try to post valuable info and hang in there.

If they see this, they can hiss at me from afar.

• tinam61
    10 years ago

I visited Hot Topics the other day, after reading this thread. Not interested in being part of that forum. I kind of wish I hadn't read it. There was an exchange between two who post here that put them in a totally different light (than what I had in mind from their posting here). There did seem to be many mean spirited comments - no holds barred!

tina

• peegee
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well thanks sooooo much - never ever would have thought it to be in the garden forum; guess it is buried. Thanks dim and all for the info and warnings - I'll check it out eventually! Maybe...