Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
justgotabme

Mele Kalikimaka

justgotabme
10 years ago

Just wanted to stop in and wish you all a very merry Christmas from Hawaii! It's in the high 70's here. I thought it would seem weird, and in a way it does, but we're enjoying being outside and enjoying a warm weather Christmas.

Comments (17)

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Oh wow, ENJOY!! The closest we got to Hawaii was sending out Tiki-themed Christmas cards, LOL.

• funnygirl
    10 years ago

Merry Christmas and best wishes for a wonderful time in beautiful Hawaii! (We just returned from a most wonderful Maui vacay!)

• Faron79
    10 years ago

FunnyG-
    Where did you stay on Maui?!?!!?

Faron

• justgotabme
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you gsciencechick and funnygirl
    Our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter live here so this is our second trip this year. Right now we're baby sitting. Khloe's almost nine months old so we're having loads of fun with her. I just called her name to get a quick iPhone pix of her. It didn't turn out very clear, but it's cute anyway.

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

Enjoy the sun! My BF from grade school moved to Kauai in July and loves it! Hope to get there one of these days! Your GD is adorable!

• justgotabme
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just loaded a photo I took today while out and thought I'd share what Christmas Eve in Hawaii looks like.

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Awesome!!!

• dedtired
    10 years ago

What a gorgeous place to spend Christmas, especially with your grandchildren. Merry Christmas.

• justgotabme
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Cat Mom and Dedtired. We're really enjoying it here. I've never been one that needed snow to feel like it was Christmas.
    Here's where we spent a few hours today after opening gifts.

• funnygirl
    10 years ago

Beautiful granddaughter and Hawaii pix!!

Faron, stayed here: http://www.honuakai.com

• justgotabme
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you FunnyGirl.

• Faron79
    10 years ago

OOOoooh...pretty!

We may have walked by that place in June '09. We went up to the Ka'anapali area to look around there one day when DW & DD booked a Para-sailing session in that area.
    We stayed down south in Wailea at the Four-Seasons.

Thanks for the pix...now how 'bout some more?!??!

Faron

• loribee
    10 years ago

Becky, how fun. Soooo happy for you!

• funnygirl
    10 years ago

Faron, we thought about the Four Seasons as well as The Ritz but chose HonuaKai because they are condos. DH is lactose intolerant so eating out can be challenging, making kitchens are bonus for us. We really enjoyed it but, darn, I do love me a FS or RC!:). I'll bet it was fabulous!

• justgotabme
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Lori. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

• bac717
    10 years ago

justgatabme, love the picture on the beach! We've listened to Bing Crosby sing Mele Kalikimaka on his White Christmas album for years, but it's taken on a whole new meaning for us since we finally visited Hawaii for the first time this past fall. We were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary.

funnygirl, DH and I spent 2 weeks in October in Hawaii that included a week on Maui and we also stayed at Honua Kai. We absolutely loved it there.

• justgotabme
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you bac717. It was fun setting up and having that picture taken. Our granddoggie tried to mess it up but our son in law helped us fix it before the picture was taken.