Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_129235

Monthly Beauty Subscription?

Boopadaboo
9 years ago

Anyone have any experience with something like this? Sorry I can not remember how to do links but I am looking at

Birchbox
fromthelab
glossybox
Beautyfix
Beauty Bar

Or some combination of those for a few months each. This is for a gift.

(Although I am tempted with one of the ones below for me!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Vegan beauty boxes

Comments (4)

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

I ordered Birchbox for some friends and also for DD and DIL for Christmas. One friend has purchased a few of the products she got as samples and liked.

My DD and DIL got theirs in the mail this week and were happy....both said they had wanted to try a subscription.

Because of the subscriptions I gave as gifts I got a free 3-month subscription. I received my first box a few weeks ago. It had, all sample sizes, a texturizing hair spray, an eye serum, moisturizer, a mud mask and I think one other thing.

I see it as a fun indulgence....it's fun to get the box and see what's inside. It makes a nice and different type gift for those who like beauty products. I would only do a one time subscription, unless the recipient really liked it, then I might give it again. It's a novelty item really....fun for a brief period of time, but I'd never consider it long term.

My son and his GF are vegan. For Christmas I almost got her a subscription to Goodebox, but it looked like half of the samples were makeup and she doesn't wear makeup,so I thought it would not make a good gift for her. I will ,look at the other boxes in your link maybe for her birthday.

• funnygirl
    9 years ago

I subscribed to one (none of those mentioned, IIRC, but a popular one) and canceled after the first month. There were hit and miss products and the bag was darling. Ultimately, I decided it was a bit wasteful as I wouldn't like every item every month.

DD works at a pharmacy and has access to tons of skin care products which she shares with me. However, I'm going to ask her to stop giving me samples because I've found my skin isn't happy when I switch things around.

• LucyStar1
    9 years ago

There are many reviews and unboxing of these on youTube. Just put the name of the one you are interested in in the search box.

• Boopadaboo
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all for the feedback! I was looking at goodebox. there website was down for a few days. It seems to be back working. I think I would like that one.

I ended up buying a 6 month to glossybox and a 3 month to the allure one. I really have no idea what else to get her. Hopefully she will like it. :)