Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amj0517

Clarisonic review from a new user

amj0517
9 years ago

The past discussions on the Clarisonic devices held my interest from day 1. So I bought one. I decided on the Mia 2. I love the way my skin feels. I use it in the morning and at night, after I remove my makeup. My face feels softer than it ever has. I'll admit that I was hoping for comments from those around me.... "Wow, your skin looks great! What have you been doing?" but no such comments have come. Lol. I don't care though. My skin feels great and maybe after I use it for a longer period of time the change will be visibly noticeable. I've been using it for about 2 weeks.

I tend to get acne on my back so I also use it on my body in the shower. The Mia 2 is small for body use and it takes a long time. Also, the timer shuts it off after 1-minute. That was really irritating to me. I finally opened the paperwork that came with the device and saw that they offer a 90-day satisfaction guarantee. I purchased it from Ulta.com at full price and was able to return it to the store for a full refund.

After further research I decided that the Plus model would be better for me. Ulta was out of the device in the store and online, so I ordered from Clarisonic.com. Clarisonic is currently offering 20% off and free shipping, so I got the Plus model for a few dollars less than I paid for the Mia 2! I'm going to miss using a Clarisonic while I wait for the Plus to arrive, but I'm happy that I upgraded. I felt that if I kept the Mia 2 it would always bother me that I didn't have the body mode. The sale price on the Plus was just an added bonus!

Anyone else get a Clarisonic as a result of reading the thread here on GW? Are you as happy as I am with the product?

Comments (17)

• springroz
    9 years ago

It sent me off looking, but then I saw the foot model.....now I can't decide. There was also a silicone thing, reminded me of an old radio microphone, and I cannot remember what it was called!

I have been using DHC for about 9 months, but it turns out I am allergic to something in them, and I can't use any of it near my eyes. It is great on my face, though. It made me pause and think about using a swirling brush on my face, if I could keep the product from getting near my eyes.

Still considering one, though! Glad you like yours.

• hhireno
    9 years ago

I bought a Mia 2 a few weeks ago. It might be my imagination but I do think my skin feels smoother. I haven't noticed a dramatic visible difference. At first, the downside was I was inspecting my skin sooo closely that I noticed even more flaws. Yikes, step from the mirror!

I don't like the idea that I'm creating additional trash because of having to throw out the brush heads every few months. I know it's not often but if you add up all the brushes of all the users, it starts to feel significant.

• ellendi
    9 years ago

Mine is for my Christmas present, so I won't be opening it up until then. I am glad you like yours.

Maybe it takes time to see actual results.

• lascatx
    9 years ago

If you are going to buy one, buy the one for your face. There are other options for your feet that will give you the same results without spending nearly so much money. I had the face brush and bought the pedi hoping it would be fabulous and unique too. It is nice, but it isn't a must have.

amj -- did you see on their website that their is a long handled extension for using the brush on your back? Sounds like that might be helpful for you.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Mine's a Christmas present too.....can't wait to try it.

• Bethpen
    9 years ago

I think I may have to do a little more shopping for DH... :)

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

I have a question about the Clarisonic. When I was on the site a few days ago there was a blurb about no spinning. I was under the impression that the head of it spins, does it?

I have the small Mary Kay version of the Clarisonic and I think my skin looks better because the spinning brush gets rid of the dead skin leaving my face much fresher looking. My DD mentioned the other day how nice my skin looks. I just wonder if I switch to the Clarisonic if it is worth the added expense?

• hhireno
    9 years ago

Holly-Kay,
    I think if you're happy with the one you are already using then you don't need to change. Why spend the money if you're achieving results with your current gizmo.

• amj0517
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Holly - it doesn't spin. It's more like a really fast - "sonic" - vibration that does the cleaning. I think of it as working like a sonic toothbrush. Those are designed to clean teeth without bothering gums. Clarisonic cleans skin without the friction of spinning (I think....).

lascatx - yes, I did see the back handle. I'll wait to see if I really "need" it before I order it :)

• rich69b
    9 years ago

Mine arrived a few days ago, and it's my husband's Xmas present to me, which I ordered myself!

I think I got a good deal at Macy's - Clarisonic Plus for $180 (+ taxes) with extension handle, 2 full size cleanser/skin polish,2 brush heads, 3 sample size cleansers, 2 cosmetic bags...I'm happy!

I was planning on waiting to open it on Christmas day (might be the only present I'll get, hahaha), but I think I'll charge it tonight and use it tomorrow so I'll be pretty-ful on Christmas day, lol. Can't wait!

• maire_cate
    9 years ago

Thanks for posting about your deal it does sound good, I'll check Macy's today. I was thinking about buying one for DDIIL for Christmas.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Hhireno, I agree that I probably don't need to change. I have noticed that my face really stings when I put my night cream on. I have been very satisfied but I wondered if the stinging means my face is being abraded because of the spin. I wasn't really thinking of buying the Clarisonic when I visited the site but when I saw no spinning it got my attention because I assumed it DID spin. Maybe I should get the Clarisonic for daily use and only use the spinner once a week. OTOH, it would be nice to not spend another bunch of money.

Amj, thanks for the info on that. Does the vibration leave your face feeling refreshed?

• amj0517
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Holly-kay: My face feels great after using it. If your skin is stinging with night cream, I would agree with the logic that it could be from the spinning (I'm certainly not an expert, but it makes sense).

I'll sound like a commercial for Clarisonic, but I guess it shows how happy I am with the product. Why not get it to see if it works better than your current device? I've seen first hand that they have a generous return policy if you don't see an improvement. Like I said above, I returned to Ulta after a few weeks. The guarantee is 90-days, but that is through Clarisonic. When I called Clarisonic they said returns to them could take 6-8 weeks for a credit (and they suggested returning to Ulta first since it was within 30 days).

• funnygirl
    9 years ago

Agree with amj. I purchased an inexpensive spinning one to travel with but soon put it in the donation pile. They just aren't the same, IMO.

• Bethpen
    9 years ago

I got the Mia2 today for DH to put under the tree. Excited! After 30 years together I have realized it is best to get what I want, and he is happy to pay whatever it takes to keep him out of the mall.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Amazing how many of us Christmas shop for ourselves in the name of DH! I said jokingly to my DH today "is there going to be anything under the tree for me that I haven't purchased myself." He then informed me he was going shopping tomorrow...lol. I do draw the line at wrapping my own presents!

• lascatx
    9 years ago

Holly-kay, The Clarisonic was developed by the same people who developed the SonicCare tooth brush, so like amj was saying, it really is the same type of motion. It is a back and forth vibration, shimmy, massaging -- but far from circular. It has far less irritation potential, plus you can chose from several types of brushes for your skin type. When I got mine, there were not the cheaper brushes and I wondered if I got snookered, but I've never regretted the purchase. If you have sensitive skin, I would try one. As pointed out -- they will give you time to try it and even get a different brush head and try that and still return it if it doesn't work for you.