Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Good customer service

Sueb20
10 years ago

Seems that we sometimes talk about lousy customer service here, so I wanted to give a shout out to Crate and Barrel. I was supposed to have a chair delivered (which I am very excited about) last Tuesday, but they called a couple of days before and told me that they had shipped the chair to the wrong warehouse and as a result, couldn't deliver the chair to me until the following Saturday (this coming Sat.). Whatever, I didn't care too much. Well, they called this morning and confirmed the delivery, apologizing profusely and offering to refund my shipping costs. An hour later, I received an email showing the credit of $99. Very nice! So let's see, I got the chair on sale, plus my Designer Rewards discount, plus free shipping...the chair almost feels like a bargain now!

OTOH, I was sort of put off yesterday by "customer service" of another type. As a family, we bought a large number of wish-list items for a local charity and the drop-off point was at a small business here in town. I realize the office was not the charity, but just a drop-off point, but when I dropped off the gifts, the receptionist was so CRANKY with me. Not at all what I expected. So, bah humbug to that lady, and Merry Christmas to Crate & Barrel (and to me! looking forward to my new chair!).

Comments (6)

• Elraes Miller
    10 years ago

I have been shopping at HD far too much lately for finishing a project. But have to say that their CS has changed significantly. There is always someone to help, answer questions or find someone to do so. I the past it wasn't unusual for an employee to high tail it when I showed up in an aisle. It is refreshing to get the service we have expected. I am also finding other stores are in a good service mode and they do not seemed stressed or diverted. Asked one if they had had their rally meeting that morning....joking, but they shared that the competition is so different now that they are doing everything to make shopping right for their customers. Which must mean hiring the right people in understanding, knowledge of who we are. I don't see an age specific to this either.

• tinam61
    10 years ago

Another with good customer service is Zappos. If you return (which is free btw), you get an email when the return is received, another when you are credited. Quick delivery also!

tina

• bestyears
    10 years ago

I have to give a shout out to HauteLook. The first time I ever placed an order with them it was for some NYDJ -which I had recently discovered fit me and wore nicely. I ordered three pair I think, and then for a week or so, kept getting 'about to ship' type emails. Finally they sent me an email and said they weren't able to ship the jeans afterall. Besides a prompt refund for the credit card charge, they issued me an extra $40 website credit for the inconvenience. Very nice service!

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    10 years ago

Had a great customer service experience w/ Moen. Their digital shower board started acting up a year and a half after install. We explained the problem over the phone, they had replacement parts out the next day, covered the labor cost of reinstall, and had a Moen rep call us multiple times to confirm that all was well.

Apple computers, have also had great experiences w/ them. They replaced a hard drive for me for free even after the computer was well out of warranty; a DVD drive on a computer broke at the end of my warranty & they couldn't get a new part in a timely manner so they gave me an entire brand new latest model computer in exchange for the old one since they couldn't fit it; and they have always gone above and beyond when I've gone into the store w/ questions.

• neetsiepie
    10 years ago

My friend had ordered something from Cabelas and then a few days later saw the item was $35 less on sale. She emailed asking for a price adjustment but received a very snarky reply about how it wasnt cost efficient for them to do a price adjustment.

She was so upset that she decided to go to.the nearest store, 60 miles away. After showing the store manager the emails, they not only refunded her the difference, they gave her a $100 gift card AND an additional $25 credit on a future purchase!

• fourkids4us
    10 years ago

I've had great customer service from Modell's who helped me place an online order in the store when they didn't have my items in stock, and overrode the register to allow me to use my $15 off coupon even though my total was 2 cents short.

OTOH, I'm incredibly frustrated right now with Sam's Club though in the end, I *think* it was made right. I ordered my Christmas cards through them on Cyber Monday when they were having a big sale. They were supposed to be ready for pickup last Thursday in the store (a 10 day turnaround). Thursday came and went, then I get an email saying that due to overwhelming demand, my order would arrive in 1-2 days, and here is $10 off your next photo purchase (I never order anything except at Christmas and coupon had to be used by April so no good to me). Get a call that my cards are in, so get there bright and early on Saturday but only 25 cards of my 125 card order are in. They can't tell me anything but give me a number to call. I call, they tell me that they anticipated that they would be in on Monday, but couldn't guarantee, couldn't tell me whether they'd even been processed, whether they had been shipped (this was on Sunday) and can't give me the $10 off NOW on the current order. So I kindly ask to speak to a supervisor...he actually was VERY helpful. Even though he couldn't tell me precisely where my cards were, he offered me a refund on the entire order. I told him I wasn't looking for a full refund, but that $10 would be enough. He insisted though, and said that he'd credit my card for the full amount. Of course, my cards weren't there again yesterday but they did arrive today. So while I was incredibly frustrated with the process and the fact that despite there being a link to "check the status of your order" the link only confirms your order but gives NO information as to the status of the order so it's useless. Anyway, I was just totally annoyed with the whole thing b/c I finally was on the ball and ordered my cards reasonably early for me, only to find out they would be delayed. I should have learned my lesson a couple of years ago when they lost my photo calendars I ordered for a Christmas gift which didn't turn up despite repeated promises, until a week after Christmas. I normally don't order my cards from Sam's and won't be using them next year!

For the most part, I've had good experiences in all the shopping I've done, both online and in stores this year.

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia