Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bestyears_gw

Favorite Gift Baskets?

bestyears
10 years ago

I'm looking for something I might not have heard of....I'm considering Stonewall Kitchen or Wolferman's. I like both company's products, but before I push the button I just wanted to see if people have other favorites. This is a gift for my sister and her two young adult children. She suggested we exchange fun food this year instead of doing individual gifts, which I think is a great idea.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (17)

• golddust
    10 years ago

I just ordered this one for our 94 yo Auntie. Must like meat but I liked the idea that everything comes from small producers. Originally $119., it's on sale at Costco today for $85. Including shipping.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gift basket video

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

I like some of the Dean and Deluca stuff. Or if they are into say, lox and bagels, Russ & daughters; i just ordered from them.

The NY Times usually does an annual piece on the best food gifts, I'd look there!

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Mrs. Prindable's Apples! My friend buys these all the time and sent a pack to us for a thank you gift after she stayed here. I think the young adults would like this, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mrs. Prindables Apples

This post was edited by gsciencechick on Sat, Dec 14, 13 at 15:00

• bestyears
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you -hadn't considered any of those... Off to look.

• romy718
    10 years ago

We received a gift basket (box) from Cheryl's Cookies last year. My all time favorite gift basket.
    www.cheryls.com

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Harry & David pears. Love them.They are as sweet as candy.

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

A hamper from Harrod's filled with UK treats.

• jmc01
    10 years ago

I choose a nationality and then assemble my own.

• nhbaskets
    10 years ago

Love Stonewall Kitchen. Their headquarters are about 20 minutes away from my house.

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

Does it have to be mail order or are you exchanging gifts in person? If in person, I'd prefer a basket that is assembled more personally, with some known favorites and a few new things to try, maybe throw in a couple of cute new kitchen utensils or dish towels, a Starbucks gift card, whatever. Wine?

Dancing Deer Cookies are fantastic.

• bestyears
    Original Author
    10 years ago

sueb20 -unfortunately it has to be mail order. I'm in TX, and she's in CA. Otherwise, I would much rather assemble it myself. I considered doing so and shipping it, but decided it just didn't make sense...

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

We've also sent the Edible Arrangements chocolate-dipped strawberries.

• Boopadaboo
    10 years ago

I am going to give a couple of Cheryls gifts romy718. Thank you!

I usually do Harry and David, but I wanted to mix it up some. I still cant figure out what to give in Canada. Not so sure I want to risk Harry and David going there!

• Boopadaboo
    10 years ago

Well the Cheryls basket arrived in my office today. O.M.G. It is sooooooooo good. Everyone seems to really like it, so thank you for the recommendation!

• bestyears
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions. After all my hunting, I messaged my sister yesterday to get some input regarding how much 'goodies' she could withstand (she's recently lost some weight). She messaged me back that she thought we were sending each other gift cards which would be used to buy special celebration food items. Okay, I can go with that -much easier!

But thank you -I've filed all of these away, and will most definitely be making use of them in the future.

• Mimou-GW
    10 years ago

Romy, I think Cheryl's owes you a basket! I ordered from them too based on your recommendation.

• jmc01
    10 years ago

About HAVING to do mail order for another state, no you don't...

What i've done is directly call a store at the destination and worked with them to choose specific items for inclusion in the basket. It's more personal that way as the contents can be very specific to the recipient.

As an aside, calling florists directly allows one to pick types of flowers when arrangements are being sent. No 1-800 flowers or FTD arrangements...instead, customized floral arrangements.