Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hhireno

Why, oh why?

hhireno
9 years ago

It's not the big questions, it's the little stuff:

Why is it so hard to find jeans that don't have polyester?

Why do they discontinue my favorite things (undergarments, lip stick colors, sneaker styles)?

Why do I always end up trying on any polyester-free jeans I can find when I'm really looking for dress pants?

Why do magazines charge loyal subscribers more than deals I can find online?

Why can't I find a single roll of Wint-o-green lifesavers? I can find bags of individually wrapped, larger pieces but I want just one roll of normal sized lifesavers. I want to send them to my niece and nephew so they can learn the fun of biting them to create a spark. I'm afraid the larger sized pieces will be too awkward in size for this project.

Why are some people only pleasant to strangers during the holidays? Why don't they feel goodwill toward men all year?

Why is the grocery store more crowded between Thanksgiving and New Years? Don't people eat food all year?

Why hasn't anyone offered me any Xmas cookies yet? I have a hot cup of tea and would adore a few cookies.

Why do my creative attempts fall so far short of my vision?

Why am I wasting time here when I should be doing half a dozen other things?

Comments (7)

• nanny2a
    9 years ago

LOL, hhireno, IâÂÂm right in line behind you with so many of those woes. Especially the polyester-free jeans. And I havenâÂÂt been offered even the first Xmas cookie, (which I love).

Hope your week gets better!

• tinam61
    9 years ago

Well now I'm stumped. I like jeans with some stretch, so they keep their fit and no bag and sag, so I THINK all mine are cotton and lycra/spandex, etc. WHATEVER. Is that what you are talking about?

I keep the bags of wintergreen lifesavers for my hubby. There are usually one or two in his pockets. How fun for your niece and nephew!

I had a Christmas cookie just this morning! But I have been really good on the treats. Yesterday I did allow myself just 1 chocolate peppermint candy and today the Christmas cookie.

And I SO HEAR YOU about the stuff being discontinued. A friend gave me a little goody bag this morning and she included a new lipstick, because she knew one I loved had just been discontinued. Sadly, I don't think the new color is going to measure up - but it was sweet of her to think of it!

tina

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

So funny, hhireno. Great points and I agree with many of them!

• hhireno
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Tinam61,
    A little (2%) spandex is fine. It's hard to even find those. Everything I usually see has polyester. Those NYDJ have something like 20% polyester content. Yuck.

On my search for dress pants, I did come home with a pair of Levi's with 2% spandex and they don't need hemming! They were on clearance (probably because they were too short for everyone else) and with an additional coupon they only cost $7. So I have, yet another, pair of jeans. I do wear them almost daily so it's not a waste but I didn't accomplish the original mission.

Checking here was my reward for completing the task at hand. Now back to work!

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

Why do magazines charge loyal subscribers more than deals I can find online?

If you call to renew, and reference the code found on the insert/postcard offer inside your magazine (or an issue on a store shelf), you can often renew at that introductory price....!

• linda_tx8
    9 years ago

I can't find regular pants that really fit me! Pants with a real waist that doesn't start below the waist. When I'm not wearing shorts, I'm wearing jeans with an elastic waist or shorter capri type pants. Well, sometimes I find slightly stretchy pants with a drawstring tie...not crazy about them, but in lieu of something better...

This post was edited by linda_tx8 on Wed, Dec 17, 14 at 12:54

• User
    9 years ago

I am totally with you on all points except jeans, which I dislike and don't own!

Yes, especially the crowded grocery stores---- what is UP with that??