Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Anyone Tried the Tile Device Locater?

User
9 years ago

I am ordering lots of these for family members. I was thinking two per person--- one for keys and one for cell phone. Any other uses for them I should consider? We have 10 family members coming for Christmas and I thought this would be a fun game as well, to learn how to use the network of users to find objects out of range.

Comments (12)

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

That sounds interesting. I have to laugh because my DH needs about one hundred locators. The poor man is forever losing everything. If I can give him some time back that he would use hunting for things it would be money well spent. He collects cars so I am going to need a lot of the darn things!

I'm off the google it! Thanks KSWL!!!

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Oh my gosh! That is awesome. I am going to have one happy hubby but I will have to keep track of it all for him because he is totally technology challenged!

I ordered 8 to start with. I know I will use several for my iPads but the best use will be to keep track of DH's cell phone.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    9 years ago

Which one are you ladies getting? I have a friend who needs one for his cell phone, badly!

• deegw
    9 years ago

I ordered two each for my daughters last week. They haven't arrived yet. DH and I are pretty good at keeping track of our devices so I didn't order any for us. Now that I announced our superiority, I am sure we will be misplacing something soon.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Tileapp.com is what came up when I googled so that is where I purchased.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Deee, you are blessed. I am usually very good about keeping track of items but I wanted them for my iPads just in case they would go missing when I am out and about.
    DH will need a whole slew of them but I am trying them out first.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

That is also the name of the site where I ordered them, Holly-Kay, tileapp.com. We have 10 family members staying for Christmas so I ordered 25, as kids probably need to put them on ipads and I know at least one needs a tile glued to his laptop. (How do you misplace something that big??)

• Olychick
    9 years ago

Thanks for this thread; I just ordered 4 for my son, but wish I could figure out how to attach one to his phone so he can find IT!

• jellytoast
    9 years ago

That address does not work for me (tileapp.com).

Edited: oops! That's THEtileapp.com

This post was edited by jellytoast on Mon, Dec 1, 14 at 17:29

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Lol KSWL, my laptops are always easy to find but ask my DH and he can tell you how easy it is for him to misplace anything. I was going to order twelve then I thought I should test them first. What a wonderful idea for Christmas. Mine should be here fairly quickly and then I can order more! Thanks so much for a wonderful suggestion.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You're welcome! The great thing about this product is that the more people order, the larger the community becomes to find a device past the range of a single device.

• maire_cate
    9 years ago

My son definitely needs this. Thanks for the alert.

I also found it on Amazon. The link has some interesting facts.

Here is a link that might be useful: review

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions