Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

Good grief it's cold here!!

Faron79
10 years ago

Yikes!

Checked our temp here...it's 3 !!!!
(we're whitish-purple on the NWS graphical map linked...!)

The Northern portion of ND is now BELOW ZERO...Uffda!

DW & DD are n St. Paul, MN @ the Elton-John concert tonight, but they're comin' back for the 2:30pm home finale of my Bison Football! Hopefully it'll be a perfect season!!!

Anyone else chilly here?!

Faron

Here is a link that might be useful: NWS Color-graph...

Comments (24)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Yikes! That is cold.

We are just getting a skim coat of ice on our pond so definitely not as cold as you guys.

But I think your cold air is heading our way. But thank goodness it moderates before it gets here. We're supposed to be down in the 30s...balmy by your standards!

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

The cold is heading our way, but not quite that cold. Our weather guy just said we will be lucky to hit 40 degrees tomorrow in the Carolinas.

If DH and I are to get up the leaves on the front lawn, today is the day. Last two weekends we were sick, first him then me.

• Elraes Miller
    10 years ago

Please don't send yours here. We already went from a day of 60 to 14. What a shock to our bodies.

• graywings123
    10 years ago

When people in Fargo are complaining about the cold, you know it's cold.

• hhireno
    10 years ago

Hahaha to Graywings!

I'm not sure why I even opened this, I don't like to even read about cold weather. I guess to make myself feel better about my local weather.

They've been advertising a Disney (?) movie that is suppose to be the best they've done in years. Even though it's animation it all takes place in the snow and ice so I will not be going to see it.

Good luck this winter Faron. Stay warm.

• camlan
    10 years ago

The southern part of my state is around 38 today. But up north, in the mountains, it's supposed to get all the way up to 8 degrees, not all that much warmer than Faron.

Tomorrow, we're supposed to get snow flurries.

• texanjana
    10 years ago

Yes, it's cold here in Texas but not as cold as ND! We went from 80 on Thursday to 35 yesterday. Winter storm warning with ice in effect from tonight through Monday. I have to run my errands today!

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow...now @ 10am CST, we're a whole...+1.

Gonna be cold for Bison tailgating, but that stops NOBODY here! Several thousand attendees don'cha know!
    North-central ND's high might be...0 !
    Fargo's...7.

Faron

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

They are saying we will have temps in the teens tomorrow here in northern Virginia. I am not ready for that!

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

I think at those temps, I wouldn't leave the house all winter. Stay warm faron.

Like texanjana, we went from 80 to 35 overnight and I was cold all day yesterday. Thinking about it being 1 degree makes it seem much warmer here now.

• geokid
    10 years ago

I hear you, Faron! It's 16 degrees here right now at 1pm but I am a bit SE of you. The wind is the worst. It's a below zero wind chill for sure. We live on the edge of the prairie and we've had small trees snap in half. Not even during a storm, just on a regular day!

Stay warm and go Bison! I can cheer for them because the Gophers are playing the Badgers today. :) Days like today I bet they wished they still played in the 'Dome.

• chispa
    10 years ago

Yep, cold here too in southern California ... has barely reached 60F all week!!! Used to live in the northeast and do not miss the real cold and snow one bit.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Ugh, I can't imagine living in such bitter cold. It's 36 here outside of Philadelphia and the wind is blowing. The fellow still has not come to clean up my leaves. All the neighbors will be annoyed in the morning when they wake up and find my leaves on their lawn.

Predicted high of 31 with possible flurries tomorrow. I went out for a good long walk today because I know I am not doing it tomorrow! Think I'll go to bed and huddle under the covers now.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

"Bitter cold"?!?!!?
    We're ABOVE 0 people...!!!!

;-)

I'm sitting in the living-rm now, wearing my Bison polo, & black Vikings SHORTS...!

Faron

• daisychain01
    10 years ago

Faron, you know I can't let you talk about how cold it is there without reminding you I'm 3 hours north and whole lot colder. We've also had a ton of snow. For some reason, I couldn't get motivated about putting my garden to bed this year and ended up hauling frozen potted plants to a hidden corner of the back yard to wait for spring. Hoping the pots don't all crack, but they probably will. It's suppose to warm slightly this week. Fingers crossed. I don't really mind the cold except when it comes to recess time and I have to get 15 five year olds into snow suits, boots, hats, etc. I was just talking to a mom whose son is at another school and their Kindergarten teacher just cancels recess when the temperature gets cold enough for snowsuits. Can you imagine full day K with no outdoor play breaks? Crazy.

• mary_lu_gw
    10 years ago

Chilly here too. We got down to 7 last night and only supposed to be in the low 20's today. Sounds like more of the same for the rest of the week. Will be a long heating season this year I'm afraid. Sure glad we decided to get 4 1/2 tons of pellets this year instead of our usual 3 ton. Started burning the pellet stove much earlier this year than usual. Brrrrr........

• fourkids4us
    10 years ago

Not quite as cold here, but the temps did drop 20 degrees overnight with blustery winds. Poor ds10 had a soccer game this morning, his last one of the season, and the temp was in the 20s with a wind chill factor in the teens. He is "guest playing" for another team who didn't have enough players for this tournament, and dh was the one who wanted him to play. So you bet I pulled the covers over my head this morning when the alarm went off and let dh take him to the game. He had to go out and buy ds some Under Armour cold gear tights to wear under his shorts.

He needed them anyway...tomorrow night we are surprising our boys with tickets to their first NFL game - the Redskins vs 49ers. Just our luck that it's going to be bitter cold and the game doesn't start until 8:45 at night. We won the tix at our school auction a few weeks ago and it will be a dream come true for them. Living in the DC area, they are Redskins fans (poor kids!) but dh is from San Francisco, so they are also huge 49ers fans. And to top it off, the husband of dh's coworker is a retired DC cop who used to do security on the sidelines so he has offered to try and get the boys on the field, on the 49ers side. It's not guaranteed but he's been able to do it every time he's offered the opportunity to anyone else so they will be in heaven. Anyway, I will be happily ensconced on the couch at home with my daughters in front of a roaring fire, toasty warm, while they freeze their buns off. Hmm, kinda like right now...sitting in my warm house smelling the aroma of the pumpkin bread dd and I just made, while dh heads home from the game.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh Daisy...I forgot!!! Are you a Winnipeg-area person?

Here in E. ND as a kid, I don't remember any cancelled recesses...THAT would've caused a grade-school riot...;-) !

Mary lu-
    Yeah, 7 is fairly cool. What state are you in?

4kids-
    Damn you...tormenting me with talk of the DC-area, Pumpkin-bread, NFL-Sidelines, & such. You're evil....;-)

Faron

• mary_lu_gw
    10 years ago

Faron, I am in south western Wisconsin, near the Mississippi River. I hung sheets on the line today and they were stiff by the time I was done hanging them!

• Danahills
    10 years ago

Deleted

This post was edited by jstell2008 on Fri, Sep 26, 14 at 20:46

• User
    10 years ago

Central AL right near the GA line...look at a map and we are in that little blip on the right side of the AL state map:) Was 34 here this AM and wind. Will be rain and then we get mid 20's and 25 mph steady winds...at least that is what they are warning !! Will be back to 50's by game time on Saturday. WAR EAGLE !! We had the house open the other day and it was upper 70's . Crazy. c

• User
    10 years ago

You know it is truly cold outside when your nose hairs freeze. So far our coldest has been -33C or -27.4F now don't you feel warmer LOL

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    10 years ago

It's 30 degrees here in Northern IL. It's cold and I have a cold. Blah!

• jan_in_wisconsin
    10 years ago

Northern Wisconsin here and wind chills overnight this past weekend were around zero and below. I'm a runner and almost froze my face off this past Saturday morning.