Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheesharee

Blogs - taking forever to load and stuck

Sheeisback_GW
10 years ago

I have a handful of decorating blogs I check on a regular basis. Over the past few months I've noticed the one seems to get 'stuck' and all bogged down and I can't even scroll down most times. It's frustrating and I'm about done with it for that reason. Anyone else have this happen? Is it from stuff they're adding to the blog?

Comments (9)

• funkyart
    10 years ago

Hi Shee! I've had the same problem.. and it is so frustrating because when we *can* sit down and relax on our favorite sites and blogs, the last thing we want to deal with is the slog of a screen load. In my case, it's been the ads loading on the page.

• graywings123
    10 years ago

Do you want to post a link to the blog and have others check to see whether its the blog or your computer?

• Elraes Miller
    10 years ago

Having the same problem lately. Am using Chrome and just noticed there is an update to it. Need to update and see what is new/available for options. This was part of my thinking.

The other is that blogs are taking a great deal of information from us when joining or just reading one found. I think this is getting worse along with all the ads, which sometimes do not look like ads but a link to one of their favorite blog lists.

The slow is also turning into locking up whatever windows are open. This one ticks me off. Chrome shows a "bad" load when this happens on all of my pages.

Anyone else with Chrome? Are you having the same problems? Updated?

• tinam61
    10 years ago

Well you know what a blog addict I am Shee and I know we visit some of the same ones. Which blog is it, if you don't mind saying here? I have not had a problem. I do use bloglovin for the most part.

tina

• funnygirl
    10 years ago

I only use bloglovin for blog reading and have no issues.

• Jules
    10 years ago

Blogs with a lot of photos such as Cote de Texas can take forever and a day to load. For the past few months I've been using the Newsify blog reader app on my ipad to read blogs; I really love the app, and for whatever reason, Cote de Texas and the like load quickly. I made the change when Google Reader was discontinued.

So far, Newsify is the closest thing I've found to paging through a magazine.

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

I have given up on Cote de Texas because of the slow load. I figured it was all the pictures and their size, but it probably is the ads too. I'll try bloglovin and see if it helps.

• Sheeisback_GW
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I stopped reading Cote de Texas a long time ago for the slow picture load.

Savvysouthernstyle is the blog I'm frustrated with. Everything appears to load find, but the page gets stuck for long periods of time and is buggy. I don't have this problem with any other site.

I'm going to look into bloglovin. Thanks!

This post was edited by sheesharee on Sat, Nov 16, 13 at 23:43

• Vertise
    10 years ago

Cote de Texas became unwieldy when she redesigned a while ago, using those large high def photos that take forever to load.

Ad Block Plus works well when the ads are a problem. GW had become terribly slow without it.

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz