Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nhbaskets_gw

Faron, how are you doing?

nhbaskets
9 years ago

Hope your recovery is moving along. My DH has his appointment next Tuesday with the surgeon. Hope to get this done soon!

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to ask you what happened to your football team last weekend. My UNH Wildcats are now ranked #1! Go Cats!

Comments (6)

• Faron79
    9 years ago

Knee is doin' great!
    Went back to work for a 4-hr. shift last night, then Noon-to-5's, or "as tolerated"! Have to take some sitting breaks! It was stiff & sore, and I put on the ice-machine last night!! I have a hunch I'll be doing that this week....:-)

Ugh...couldn't believe that game. It was like...we completely forgot how to play football! Mental mistakes, dumb-ass penalties, etc. The noise seemed to affect US sometimes!! Their dome wasn't as loud as the sometimes deafening Fargodome, but maybe it's good we got a taste of it.

Kinda glad in a small way that it happened...now we'll play PISSED!!

Hopefully we'll meet this Fall!!
    (will you be flying to Fargo...?! ;-))

Faron

• nhbaskets
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Glad to hear you are back to work. Don't overdo it! I'm anxious for DHs appointment next Tuesday. I hope they are able to schedule him so I have an idea how to plan.

No, we won't be traveling to Fargo. Maybe you'll be able to travel to NH! We don't have a dome...heck, we just got lights!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

Also glad here. Don't push yourself too hard. Take it a little easy and all will be well.

Sorry the game was not to your liking. Bet you are right that it will motivate them!

• Faron79
    9 years ago

NHB-
    I don't remember...does your DH need a "Total Knee"? If so, has an exercise/strengthening regimen b4 surgery ever been brought up? Is his condition due to an old injury (like mine!), genetic, or just bad wear-&-tear?

LOL on the "Lights"!!
    * It made me think of Football stadiums. The Fargodome opened here in 1992, at a cost of $48 Million. That number today....$80 Million!!! Football seating, with SRO, is just under 20,000. Uffda!
    * At least WEST of Mpls., there aren't many "Domes" in the Northern half of U.S.......UND's in Grand-Forks, ND; USD's in Vermillion, SD; The UNI-Dome in Cedar-Falls, IA; The Fargodome of course.........and I THINK that's it, until you hit the West-Coast!
    * The other Domes are smaller & much "cheaper". We're the only one with seating that wraps around behind the endzones. Rows number from "A" up to "KK", where your backrest is the outer wall!
    * The fancy new Astroturf went in Sep. 2012. The previous stuff was getting pretty outdated.
    * And of course, the ridiculous noise-levels sometimes achieved in here!!! 115-db has been reached a few times.
    * Read the linked article from Coastal-Carolina!

part of article:
    Georgia Southern coach Jeff Monken has taken his team to the Fargodome twice, and lost both times.

"I've coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome," Monken told a North Dakota paper last week. "There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It's unbelievable. It's the best atmosphere in college football - at any level."

Faron

Here is a link that might be useful: Near-painful noise...

• nhbaskets
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Faron, I hope you were not up at 3:31 a.m. because your knee was hurting!

DH is getting a full knee replacement. Have not heard anything about strengthening beforehand, but that certainly makes sense. I will bring it up when we meet with the surgeon on Tuesday. His issues are due to wear and tear and possibly from an accident he was in while in the Air Force 40+ years ago. Had a torn meniscus repaired a year ago. No relief from that. He just spent 2 days in the hospital for an unrelated issue. I asked his doctor if they could prescribe a pain med for him, which they did...Oxycodone. Now he's useless!

• 2ajsmama
    9 years ago

Glad to see you are back to work - but take it slowly!

Still waiting to hear if my dad's surgery is on for Nov 19 - now that his infected scrape is healed, he *had* to do some yard work and got a tick bite. So now he's worried he might not be able to have surgery if he tests + for Lyme! We need to tie him down...