Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinam61

I wondered if we would see $2.50/gal gas . . .

tinam61
9 years ago

paid $2,49 yesterday. I know it won't last but it's nice while it's here!

Comments (12)

• camlan
    9 years ago

Lucky you! The cheapest I've seen around here is $2.77. But I wasn't complaining about it--so much lower than just two months ago.

• Faron79
    9 years ago

I never really paid much attention to gas-prices until...
    (and now I care even LESS about it)

Read this ONLY if you, and-or your S/O is a "Gas-Geek"!

Over the last couple years, in my quest to understand why my 2008 Impala-LTZ was using oil (since repaired...for the most part, on GM's dime!!), I became interested/sidetracked on the kinda-related subject of GAS. We bought it as a GM-CPO in Aug. 2011. 49,000 mi. on her now.

I know for most of you, you could care LESS. "Gas is Gas...right"?!

I've become rather familiar now with a "lesser-known" classification of Gasolines called "Top-tier Fuels". This is an actual US-Govt classification of Gasolines with detergent-additives, etc., beyond the bare minimums that 98% of us are blindly using.

When they tore off the top of my engine this past Jan., I looked into the Throttle-body area. ABSOLUTELY SPOTLESS. I had been using Shell's No-Ethanol 91-Octane "V-Power" Top-Tier gas most of the time for a few months. I would occasionally add some Seafoam to the tank as well. Most peoples Throttle-body throats are fairly varnished well b4 30,000mi. This starts to affect idling, acceleration, & driveability.

WHY? Because most gas has the bare-minimum of required detergents, etc. Top-Tier level fuels do MUCH better at keeping your engines-innards clean.

In fact....
    Our new 2014 Regal 2.0L Turbo AWD: STRONGLY RECOMMENDS using Top-Tier fuels in the Owners-Manual!!
    Other higher-performance engines REQUIRE it....

This attached article is long, but interesting!

Faron

Here is a link that might be useful: Shell V-Power, & Top-Tier...

• arcy_gw
    9 years ago

According to what I have been reading it may last and go even lower. America has stepped up its production and is more in control of prices now. Don't count us out!!

• tinam61
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Arcy, this morning on TODAY, it said Tennessee was one of eight states who may see prices drop as much as 25 cents more and lower prices may last through mid-2015. We were down to 2.47 today.

• zzackey
    9 years ago

$2.57 in NE Florida yesterday.

• LynnNM
    9 years ago

We gassed up one of our cars this evening and gas was $2.19.99 a gallon. That's the cheapest I've seen in years.

• LynnNM
    9 years ago

Double post deleted.

This post was edited by LynninNM on Sun, Dec 7, 14 at 23:15

• tinam61
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow Lynn! We're at $2.42 this morning. I heard on the news this morning that OKCity is below $2.00! Oakley?

• violetwest
    9 years ago

it's around $2.50 here in Texas and has been for a while.

ROAD TRIP time!

• lynninnewmexico
    9 years ago

Below $2/gallon in OKC, Tina? Wow, that's low! Good, too, as DD's university is just south of there and I need to put money in DD's account this morning for her drive home here on Saturday morning. She has DH's old Envoy XL (SUV) and it eats up a lot of gas on that 600 mile drive back here. She'll have to gas up again in Amarillo as well. Low gas prices will definitely be a blessing!
    Lynn

• tinam61
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lynn, I heard that yesterday morning either on our local news or the Today Show. Hope it's true!! Safe travels for your girl.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Gas here in South central Pa is down to $2.79, not nearly as cheap as what most of you have.