Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vickij_gw

sugared pecan recipe

vickij
10 years ago

Please help me. Last year someone posted a fantastic recipe for spicy sugared pecans. The poster went so far as to post a picture of the pecans in a crystal dish. This recipe is fantastic! I copied the recipe but all of my recipes are now in storage. I tried to do a search but that didn't work. Anyone remember this recipe?

Comments (9)

• User
    10 years ago

Yes it was from Natal. It was a great recipe. Will try to find it. Might be able to find it if you search spicy pecans Natal.

• User
    10 years ago

Let me try to put the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: honey spiced pecans

• vickij
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you ever so much!!! You're so kind. I love this recipe and was so disappointed that I couldn't find it.

• User
    10 years ago

I love it too - was just recently thinking I have to make them this holiday. They are so addictive!

• lynninnewmexico
    10 years ago

I have it. It was actually posted two years ago by Natal . I made it to give to DD's (then) high school teachers{{gwi:807}} as Christmas gifts and they raved about it! But, I do have to warn you that it's very hot spicy. We live in New Mexico and are used to spicy foods, but some of my Back-East friends thought it was too spicy and cut the chipotle in half when they used Natal's recipe to make their own batches. Anyhoo, here is Natal's awesome recipe:

Natal's Honey Chipotle Pecans
    (makes eight 1 /4-cup servings)

2 TBS honey
    1 tsp chipotle powder
    1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
    2 cups pecan halves (the bigger the better)
    2 TBS granulated sugar
    1 tsp sea salt

1) Preheat oven to 325-degrees. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe mixing bowl, combine the honey, chipotle powder, and ground cinnamon. Warm through. (you can also do this on your stovetop over very low heat).
    2) Stir nuts into warmed honey mixture to coat evenly.
    3) On a parchment-lined baking sheet, spread honey-coated nuts out in a single layer. Bake until toasted and fragrant, about 15 minutes.
    4) While nuts are roasting, combine sugar and salt in a medium-size bowl.
    5) Remove nuts from oven and allow to cool slightly (no more than a minute or two, as you want them to still be sticky). Dump the hot nuts into the bowl and toss with two forks to coat them with the sugar mixture.
    6) Spread nuts out on another parchment-lined tray or baking sheet. It's best if they don't touch one another while they're drying.
    7) Serve or store covered until ready to eat or gift.
    Lynn

{{!gwi}}

This post was edited by lynninnewmexico on Tue, Nov 19, 13 at 11:01

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

Oh, perfect timing. I was about to look for a recipe like this because in trying to avoid sugar, I've decided to also avoid baking this holiday season! This gives me something to give my neighbors...along with a bottle of wine or 6-pack of seasonal beer!

• vickij
    Original Author
    10 years ago

These pecans are the perfect gift for neighbors and such. I can't praise this recipe enough. I am so glad that Natal shared the recipe and also glad that good people on this forum were able to resurrect it for me.

• hhireno
    10 years ago

Sueb,
    We're almost neighbors, I'm just 4 states away, so can I get on your neighbor gift list? Seasonal beer or wine would be fine, whatever's easier, along with the nuts.

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

I enjoyed reading the thread with the recipe natal posted: auntjen was still there and a few others that have gone awol ...