Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

When things aren't right.

User
10 years ago

Today was one of those tiring days where a bunch of (smallish) things just didn't go well.

I ordered a (hand made) monogram necklace and it and it arrived today. I was so excited and when I pulled it out it didn't look like what I thought I was getting and the monogram wasn't centered. So bummed.

The description reads black monogram on beige background. The background of the necklace in the first photo looked a little funny, but I didn't think much of it based off the description and the additional photos shown, didn't look like this. There are tiny beige polka dots. I don't like polka dots. They remind me of a nursery and that's the only place I care to see them. However, I could get past the dots since they aren't that noticeable unless looking up close and it's half my fault for missing it (though I strongly feel the description should've been more accurate). I don't like that the monogram is off center. The other work shown doesn't look like this so I was surprised. I hate to say anything but I did send an email explaining both these issues. I'm a perfectionist and I have a hard time drawing that line of 'we're only human and nothing's perfect' to 'not acceptable'.

Just felt like typing about it.

Comments (4)

• Elraes Miller
    10 years ago

I had the same thing happen to an off the wall order. It wasn't worth sending back. Worth complaining....yes.

And I complained today too. Adopted a dog and they had not sent me her papers for vet info. Finally after a month of emailing, they got here. Along with a chip tag to register her. Someone altered another dog's papers to get me off their back...mine is a girl, 3 yrs. The paper says male, 12 weeks. Am taking her to the HS to be scanned for chip info and see if the tag they sent matches or someone else has my dog's ID and I have theirs. Why they got lazy is beyond me, this is a valuable gift to give an animal a home. And did they think I was stupid enough not to notice. The gal I complained to said I had changed her name so they couldn't find the right papers. Wonder how many dogs named "Spot" are mixed up with wrong registrations. Wouldn't you think they'd use owners names for reference?

Not always right in a wide range of possibilities. Not sure if I feel better. But hope you get yours resolved.

• awm03
    10 years ago

Oh sheesh, sorry about your disappointment. Technicolor, I can't fathom how anyone could care so little to not send the correct papers for a dog that finally finds a loving home.

I've been wanting colonial post lamps in our yard for many years, couldn't afford them, finally saved up enough money, bought the posts, bought the lamps, dreamed of how pretty they'd look, especially the one centered in a garden bed. Got them installed last week...and the one in the garden bed is off center.

It's my fault, I almost went back to the installer to tell him to be sure and center it, but I didn't. Husband was just home from the hospital and the visiting nurse had come by for the first home visit, so I was preoccupied with them when the workers were installing that post. The posts were set in cement, so I didn't feel I could ask the workers to redo the off center one.

So I've decided not to fret about it. The posts still look pretty & dress up the yard, and the lights are wonderfully functional. But it's the last time I'll ever not give explicit, detailed, pain-in-the-butt-do-it-my-way-or-else instructions.

Let's all take a deep breath and enjoy our Thanksgivings. Life could be a lot worse.

• Olychick
    10 years ago

I'm sorry your purchase was sub par...it's so disappointing.

I had a rough day yesterday...seemed like nothing went right. Had tix to take my 3 yr old grandson to a play at a children's theater, about 1.5 hrs from my house. Had to eat in the car, so I stopped at a sandwich shop and ordered his daddy ( who was coming, too) a sub sandwich and a regular sandwich for me and grandson to share, something easier than a sub, since I had to eat and drive and we had to hand back food to the back seat. Got on the road and opened the food, they'd made all subs, and in addition had heated the turkey/cr cheese/cranberry one I intended to share...it was such a sloppy mess, I picked out some turkey for us and threw the rest away.

Arrived at the theater about 30 min early, as there were no reserved seats and it said to arrive early to ensure a good spot. Parked the car and the machine to pay wouldn't work...it spit out a ticket for about every other person, so I sent my son and his boy on ahead to get seats. Never got the garage machine to take my $$, no attendant anywhere. I'll probably get a ticket in the mail for not paying.

Raced up to the theater and they were still in line waiting to get in...THIS play, although not stated on the website or tix info, doesn't seat until the play time, when the actors come out and lead you in. So we raced and waited...grrr...as hard as it is to be mad at a children's theater, I sure was!

Drove home, dropped them off, went to Trader Joes to pick up some Thanksgiving items before the place gets crazy next week. Bought more than my reusable bag would carry, so had to take a paper bag, which broke in the parking lot, breaking the wine and covering all the groceries with glass and wine :( Some very nice men helped me get it into a cart, schlepped it back into the store, where they shopped for and replaced everything in the bag, PLUS gave me two TJ's reusable bags for free. They were wonderful, even though it took about another 20 min to get it all taken care of. Kind of made up for the bad customer service everywhere else. I came home and drank the wine.

• Elraes Miller
    10 years ago

Awm, you are so right about being thankful. I agree there are so many others during this time who are going through extreme losses and have not forgotten them. The post helped me at the moment to vent and retrieve some space, grabbed on to it. I hope no one sees it as being self appointed. All are simple in the grand scheme of things, am grateful a hundred times over for so many pieces of life, beyond what I wrote. Thinking about this, it did work to vent and get back to what is more important.

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!