Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hhireno

Calling my beauty consultant sueb

hhireno
9 years ago

SueB,
A few weeks/months back I think you recommended a lipstick. Was that you? What was the brand and color? I seem to recall kswl also liked it? Is any of this familiar or am I making the whole thing up?

Comments (15)

• User
    9 years ago

I think it was Nars in Dolce Vita you might be thinking of. I bought this lipstick after reading the post and checking it out at Sephora It is a very natural looking color.

• hhireno
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Aha, that's sounds right! I'm putting the info in a note in my phone for next time I'm near a sephora store.

Thanks roseabbey.

• MagdalenaLee
    9 years ago

I'm pretty sure that's the lipstick that was discussed not too long ago. I bought it and it's a wonderful lipstick, however it is the exact same color as my lips. It looks pretty much the same as my lips with carmex!

• terezosa / terriks
    9 years ago

If you want a natural tone lipstick at a bargain price check out Essence #06 Barely There. It's about $3 at Ulta and drugstores. I also have #07 Natural Beauty.

I use it with my $1.99 Jesse's Girl lip pencil in Naked that I buy at Rite Aid. I love that it has a sharpener built into the cap.

Here is a link that might be useful: Essence Barely There on Pinterest

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

OMG I'm a beauty consultant now! Hurrah! If you could see how I look right now you'd realize how truly amusing that is.

Yes, that was me with the Dolce Vita from Nars. Yes, it's basically lip colored, very natural. When I feel daring, I use a bit of Nars "Gipsy" lipstick, which is a sheer red.

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

I got the lipstick also, and I love it, wouldn't you know I already had it in my bathroom drawerâ¦â¦.

• hhireno
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Terriks,
    Thanks for the additional suggestions. They have been added to my phone notes for shopping.

Magdalenalee,
    At first I thought you wrote how your lips look with car wax and I thought well I'm pretty sure that is not the look I'm aiming to achieve.

Sueb,
    That's the beauty of the internet, we take advice from strangers in blind faith. You don't act like an Internet troll but you may look like it and yet here I am seeking your knowledge. You don't live under a bridge with three billy goats do you?

• arkansas girl
    9 years ago

Magdalenalee, that would be me too. Even though I don't really look like I have dark skin and I'm blonde, I have to wear a fairly dark lipstick just to show up. I LOVE the look of the lipstick in the photo that terriks posted, I have a whole drawer full(several anyway) of lipsticks like this that look like nothing on my lips...boo hisssssssssss

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

Hh, you make me laugh every time. Here are my 3 billy goats. The middle one is wearing Nars Dolce Vita.

• hhireno
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ok, that picture and your comment were truly LOL!

• User
    9 years ago

Sueb's lipstick recommendation is the reason I have visible lips again when I don't want to wear makeup. A little Dolce Vita and at least I don't look like a ghost!

• msrose
    9 years ago

Oh no, I knew I shouldn't have opened this post, although it was worth it to see sueb20's adorable billy goats. I recently came across a post recommending several Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks, so I bought 3 of them yesterday. I still have several MAC lipsticks on my wish list and now I just looked up NARS Dolce Vita and added it to my list. So tell me, what stores carry NARS?

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

Sephora, Nordstrom, probably Macy's too?

I also have a lip gloss -- the type with the spongey wand thing -- from Nars and I pulled it out this morning and thought, hey, this is nice, I forgot I had this. Then I checked the color name. Dolce Vita! I didn't even realize I had two different products in the same exact color.

• hhireno
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Cute as they are, do not share the lipgloss wand with your billy goats.

You almost don't notice the middle one's underbite thanks to Dolce Vita. That is good stuff.

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

It's magical stuff :)