Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hhireno

Healthy check-in November 2013

hhireno
10 years ago

Hello Healthy friends,
What's new?

As much as I try to look on the bright side (pretty leaves!) this time of year bums me out. I don't like the shorter hours of daylight, I don't like the cool weather, I don't like that even colder weather is coming, I don't like how the heat dries out my skin and sinuses. Oh well, this too shall pass. But in the meantime, some days it can wear on my spirit. I do what I can to find enjoyment in everyday. Go for a walk at the warmest part of the day. Meet friends for coffee. Visit with my imaginary friends.

This makes me sound more depressed than I actually feel. I'm not this grumpy most of the time. Sometimes I just have to whinge so I can get it out of my system.

I plan to get a season pass for the ice rink this year and go skating more. If I can't beat the weather, join it. I should also check into the cost for joining an indoor pool and try treading water as a new exercise option. We talked about treading water months ago but I forgot all about it when I was on HHI and had access to a pool. D'oh.

How is everyone else doing on these beautiful fall days? Do you have a plan in place to continue with healthy living through the busy holiday months?

Comments (33)

• tinam61
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

HH I feel your pain. I am much the same way. I LOVE warm weather. Most of the time, I even like our summers (which in the last few years have not been AS hot and humid as usual). I love being outside. I don't like the shorter evenings and I am SO NOT READY for cold weather. I'm hoping for another mild winter. Right now the weather is wonderful and we are enjoying a beautiful, sunny fall. January/February are hard months for me. I try to plan some fun things to look forward to then! My b-day is January and our anniversary is in February. We usually try for a little get-away for that.

I am on a low-carb kick. Trying to get rid of the belly "pouch". Eating a bit more protein and lots of veggies, fruit but cutting WAY down on sugar and other "white stuff". We don't eat alot of processed food, but I am being more mindful of that also. I plan to get outside as much as I can - weather permitting and use my eliptical when I can't get out. My plan for the holidays is to allow myself occasional treats and of course the "big meal" on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Not go hog wild, but I will indulge. My goal is to avoid those treats that everyone brings to the office, etc. and plan for the big events. Work in some additional exercise and hope to hold steady through that time. Make sure that I eat well and drink lots of water so that when I do have "events" to attend, I won't be starving and will be better able to make good choices.

tina

• sis3
    10 years ago

Like Tina am enjoying this wonderful Florida fall weather. My daily 5 mile runs are much easier and more pleasant now than running in the high 80s and humidity of summer!

My plant based diet and lifestyle remain the same because they keep me fit, healthy and at my ideal weight but also because I love them! Over the holidays I will no doubt indulge in foods and drink that I don't usually touch but won't be tempted to eat too much as I really don't prefer those foods. It's reassuring to know that any extra pounds will melt away as soon as I return to my usual diet. It's surprising how once I locked into the correct diet and lifestyle for me, everything takes care of itself! I am kicking myself that it took me the best part of 60 years to discover this!

• 3katz4me
    10 years ago

I'm just coming off a Halloween candy binge - not good. Also having a hard time getting motivated to exercise when I get home from work and there's no way I can get myself up to do it in the morning. I just need to kick myself in the pants and do it. My goal is to add one week night to start. Not sure what happened to me as I used to do at least two nights a week. I think it has to do with DH not traveling any more and eating dinner and hanging out with him. I used to just do my own thing which included exercise.

I have amazingly upped my exercise bike time to an hour from 40 mins. Not exactly sure how that happened as I usually despise that boring routine but it did. Now I just need to do it more often, though I think during the week I will probably do my yoga routine instead.

Yesterday I made this veggie soup recipe that someone sent me. You need a very large pot if you're going to make this. I also had to add a lot of seasoning which I expected as it sounded pretty bland. I added a bunch of some Penzey's salt free stuff I had. It turned out pretty good once I got the seasoning right. I substituted peas for zucchini since I had some frozen and bulgur wheat instead of quinoa since I had it on hand and less than a cup as I couldn't fit that much in my pot. I used great northern beans and could only fit one can in my pot. I skipped the basil/rosemary garnish. Added the parmesan but would skip that next time. So I now have a big pot of healthy, vegetable soup for the next week - an offset to my Halloween candy binge.

Ingredients

1 sweet onion - medium diced
    2 celery stalks - medium diced
    3 carrots - medium diced
    2 tablespoons olive oil - or enough to cover the bottom of the pot
    2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
    2 cups fresh zucchini - medium diced (about 1 medium or 2 small)
    2 cups green beans - cut in 1 inch pieces
    1 bell pepper - medium diced
    1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
    2 28-ounce cans of water
    1 15-ounce can of cannellini beans
    1 15-ounce can of chickpeas
    1 cup quinoa
    2 cups kale - stems removed
    1 teaspoon turmeric (or to taste)
    Pinch of red pepper flakes
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Garnish with parmesan to taste
    Garnish with slivered basil or finely chopped rosemary
    Directions:

Place a large stockpot over medium heat and add the onions, carrots and celery. Cook for about 5 minutes or until softened.

Add the garlic and a pinch of red pepper flakes and cook for about one minute or until garlic begins to color.

Add the zucchini and the green beans, season with salt and pepper, add the turmeric, stir and cook for about 3 minutes.

Add the tomatoes and the water, raise heat to high and bring to a boil.

Lower the heat to medium/low and allow the soup to gently boil (uncovered) for about 20 minutes.

Add the quinoa and cover for 15 minutes.

Remove the cover, add the kale and the canned beans (more water if needed) bring back to a gentle boil and cook for another 5 minutes or just until the kale is tender.

Grate in the parmesan, add the basil and serve. (or do this for individual servings).

• kellyeng
    10 years ago

Oh, I'm just the opposite regarding the season. I feel rejuvenated once fall weather hits and the days are shorter. I think it's because I'm just so happy that multiple Texas 100 degree days are long gone!

I've been doing pretty well with eating healthy. Also doing lower carb. I find I have a sweet spot at around 130g of carbs a day and the weight just drops off. However, it's kind of hard to eat lower carb and keep my calories up on heavy workout days.

Speaking of working out, I'm injured - again!

I thought I found a new exercise in rowing. Really love doing intervals on the rowing machine but I seemed to have inflamed my iliosacral joints. My ortho doc said no more - stick to cycling and increase core strengthening exercise. Bummer . . .

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

Lost 7 lbs. by cutting out sugar almost completely, since the end of August. I am stalling a bit now, probably because I have relaxed the rules at times and also just because my body is used to this new way of eating. But I haven't gained, which is a bit of a shock because all I've done for the last couple of years is lose 3 lbs., gain them back, lose 3 lbs., gain them back. So the fact that I've lost 7 and they have stayed off? That is big news. I have gone down a size in pants, which is nice.

Halloween candy is sitting on my counter and it just doesn't bother me. Last year at this time, I'd be grabbing a piece every time I walked through the kitchen! I did take all the mini peppermint patties and put them in the freezer, and I have one a day. It breaks my sugar rule, but it's one tiny lapse and I can live with it.

Still trying to walk an hour 3-4 times a week.

Even with all my new habits, my BP is still high (tried one med., didn't work, now on a different one) and cholesterol is also high and will probably be on meds for that before long. Bah!

Having skin cancer removed from my lower leg in two weeks and I am actually unhappy that I won't be able to really exercise for 2+ weeks. I'll really need to watch my diet then.

• bonnieann925
    10 years ago

Thank you for the soup recipe Gibby! That will be on our "to try" list for the weekend.

Holding my own here, despite a very bad cold last week, which knocked me down so badly. On top of it all, I was doing a week of a "low residue diet" for my colonoscopy, which was last Friday. I am happy to report that the colonoscopy results were excellent, but the "sleepy juice" sent me to the couch for two days. My late father was diagnosed with colo-rectal cancer at my age and had a colostomy. I'm doing the happy dance here, despite the lingering viral bug.

Exercise-wise: getting lots of walking because we adopted a Cavalier Spaniel last week! She is small (17.5 lbs) but can walk at 4 mph with no problems. In fact, she requires 3 walks/day so it's good for both of us. I can't do the mid-day walk so DH does that one.

My weight is a couple of pounds higher than usual because we've been dining out-just celebrated my 39th birthday for the 21st time! Then came Restaurant Week, which of course, we couldn't miss. Then our 30-something anniversary....well you get the idea. To top it off we had a dinner party Saturday night, all enjoyable events spent with family and friends celebrating milestones. How lucky and blessed we are!

Being a life-long New Englander I enjoy, actually embrace, the seasons. Fall has been spectacular, allowing for long bike rides, walks and raking (I try to avoid that one!);

SueB...7 lbs. is a good weight loss, just by giving up the white stuff, which has not nutritional value at all. I use the "pants test" vs. the scale. You know you're doing well when the pants get so loose you have to shop for a smaller size.

Plan for the holidays:
    KISS
    Continue to eat well
    Walking/weights
    (ask me in a month how that's working )

This post was edited by bonnieann925 on Mon, Nov 4, 13 at 18:32

• ellendi
    10 years ago

Going for a yearly check up this month. Trying too, to keep my weight stable.
    I am going back to WW meetings as well as my monthly check in. There is a leader that has a fun sense of humor so I am trying to get to her class.
    I love the cold weather. My hair is easier to style and I tend to look my best during the colder months.

• hhireno
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Didn't sueb and someone else buy Fitbits or some other fitness gizmo? What do you think? Is it motivating you to move more?

I wish I could like cold weather. In my mind, it lasts forever, just like hot weather seems interminable to people who don't like that. Even if my hair looks better without the humidity, having my shoulders hunched up around my neck, shivering, and my sad-sack expression isn't my most flattering look.

Kellyeng, wow, you loving rowing? I do it, just to mix things up, but I don't love it. It is easy to do intervals. Due to my travel schedule and having guests, I've been away from the gym for weeks. I was going to get back to rowing today but a friend was on the elliptical so I did that, so we could chat and catch up, instead. Tomorrow. Tomorrow, for sure, will be a rowing day.

Gibby, that soup looks good. I'm going to make it. Last night I made a curried ginger lentil soup from Cooking Light (?). I can hardly wait for lunch so I can eat it again. I can link the recipe if you're interested in seeing it.

• 3katz4me
    10 years ago

I'd be interested in the curried ginger lentil soup - never been much into lentils but wouldn't mind giving them a try and I love curry and ginger.

• hhireno
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oooo, I love lentils. Hot, cold, on their own, in salads or soups.

If I buy the steamed lentils, instead of cooking my own, I use Melissa's brand. They are sold in the produce dept of my store. I use veggie broth instead of chicken in the recipe. That's the only change I can remember making.

curried lentil soup

• 3katz4me
    10 years ago

Sounds interesting - I'm always up for trying something new - like lentils. Not a huge fan of cooked spinach so I might try kale instead. Really liked that in the veggie soup I made this weekend. DH has a hard time grasping that you can have a full meal deal without meat - he doesn't get the bean and lentil concept. We're working on that but he keeps asking - where's the chicken.

• CLBlakey
    10 years ago

I like Kelly am now injured again I fell down the stairs last night and broke my other foot this time. (broke it 5 years ago and broke my other one last feb) So after 3 broken feet I asked for a bone density test it is scheduled for next week. However on the positive I am down 28lbs since sept 4th even with the prime rib thanksgiving dinner. (hubby is down 20) Only rowing once or twice a week but that is on hold for a while.

I haven't gotten to the point where I could give up meat either. So I would make that soup above without the beans and quinoa and do it veggie only then have my measured meat added I know it is crazy but I find it easier to give up rice and bread and potatoes rather than meat I seem to get hungry if I don't eat it. I have tried quinoa for breakfast but it does not seem to last as long as eggs do for me based on an equal calorie count.

We have had a bit of an extended fall here this year and I am so greatful for that last year winter came hard and fast starting Oct 7 with -20 and 6 inches of snow. This year only had a dusting of snow and it is gone now. I have to keep a positive attitude due to the fact I can't drive for a bit and crutches hurt my shoulder. So reading will be the entertainment for a while. *Raises glass.......Cheers to a sunny disposition to all for this winter. Go Team!!!

• neetsiepie
    10 years ago

Not a fan of fall because that means the onset of rainy and gray days for us. Factor in the end of DST and it`s full dark by 5:15.

However, I am taking advantage of the weather by going to the gym and walking in the treadmill. My health ins is offering an incentive of $15/mo rebate on gym membership, and combined with a group rate, its costing me about $12/mo. I cant afford not to go! It also pays for my WW membership, so there is no excuse not to be on a healthier lifestyle track.

I fell off the good health wagon during most of Sept & October - mainly due to a lot of work traveling and timing-gained back 6 lbs, but since Im back on my GF lifestyle, I`ve lost that 6 plus another 6. Total of almost 59lbs since April.

Im going out of town the week of Thanksgiving, will visit my sister who is already trying to figure out how to make a gluten-free, low cal pumpkin pie. :)

I think Ill manage to keep on track during the holiday feast season...and will be ramping up the exercise. Also following up on routine health care...flu shot, mammogram, regular lab tests.

• Bethpen
    10 years ago

Thanks for starting the thread Hhireno!

I'm still doing well, down about 15 lbs since May. I'm eating lowcarb and trying to keep the calories below whatever it that My Fitness Pal recommends. (I haven't logged in for a few days..oops)

I'm also still wearing my fitbit, but haven't really been tracking that as well as I could either. Guess this is a good reminder for me to do that starting tomorrow.

Soup has been a great help during the past few weeks. DH has been away a lot, so I have been making a big pot of soup and eating that. I don't mind having the same thing. Tonight I made a sausage and Kale soup with some white beans and vegetables. So good!

I scheduled a physical, still need to schedule the Mammo. A coworker is fighting breast cancer right now, you'd think I'd be more on top of it.

Exercise is on the list…sigh. The Medical Records job is definitely a problem. We have a yoga ball in the office that we take turns sitting on. I manage to get some movement that way.

Good luck to the Injured! It just isn't as easy to bounce back as you get older. Take it easy!

Beth P.

• RNmomof2 zone 5
    10 years ago

I am excited to say that we have changes in our house. The end of August my 22 yo DD and I joined a gym. We started Body Pump in September and are loving it. We have found out that we enjoy the classes and someone pushing us! We go 3 times a week and wouldn't miss it. We are seeing changes in our body which is just giving us more motivation to keep going.

My DD has had poor posture her entire life due to growing tall and developing at a young age, poor self esteem, etc. I am thrilled to say that she is feeling better about herself, is standing taller and that the exercises are reversing the beginnings of a dowagers hump on her. She sees a new trimmer self and is standing up straight. She even stated that she was sorry she fought me on posture as long as she did.

My DH had his wellness check for insurance and the Dr finally pushed some buttons. I came home from work to change for Body Pump and he said he was going with us. I looked at him and then remembered his physical. I started laughing and asked if this was because of his visit. He is very sedentary so this has been hard on him but he is enjoying it.

We all are tracking our food on My Fitness Pal and trying to make some positive changes for our health.

• ellendi
    10 years ago

Good for you rn, getting your whole family involved. We have one daughter living back home. My daughters have seen both my husband and I doing some form of exercise all their lives.
    My husband and I go to a private gym, while my daughter goes to the local Y. It is motivating when I see my Dh going out for a run, or my daughter going to an exercise class. Keeps me honest!
    My sister has been struggling with her weight for years. She finally lost 25 pounds because her husband decided to diet with her. He did not need to lose weight, but together they streamed lined their dinners and ate out less.

• hhireno
    Original Author
    10 years ago

How inspiring to read so many healthy stories. Well, healthy except for the injuries. Good for all of us.

At the gym this morning, I did 12 minutes on the rower - alternating 2 minutes regular effort, 1 minute full out. Not a bad start after so many weeks away. But it is a long 12 minutes to me.

Bethpen,
    I don't know if I mentioned this before but I worked in Medical Records for years. It is a primarily sit down job, probably even worse now with electronic records (they used stone tablets back when I was working). Can you switch it up and stand to do some things?

Speaking of doctor appts, I was at the dentist this week for a routine cleaning. My hygienist was surprised to hear I'm a tea drinker, because I had almost no staining. I can only credit that to my Sensodyne whitening toothpaste. So, if anyone is looking to brighten their smile maybe they should try a whitening toothpaste.

• CLBlakey
    10 years ago

I have to say keep up the good work Pesky 59lbs is amazing.

Thanks hhireno for the sensodyne trick I use sensodyne but not the whitening kind I will give it a try.

• 3katz4me
    10 years ago

I did it!! Jumped on the exercise bike for an hour last night after work. I was so happy I did it. I always like exercise once I get started. It's the getting started after I get home from work that seems to be the problem. I've put exercise on my calendar for Tues and Thurs night and hope that helps get it ingrained in me that I have to get back into the week night exercise routine.

Speaking of changing seasons, we had snow on the ground this morning. Didn't stay though as it's a warm, sunny day. Fortunately I like the changing seasons. Not so fond of the short daylight hours though. That bothers me more than winter.

• iheartgiantschnauzer
    10 years ago

November is one of my favorite months. I love the start of the cooler weather and the smell of fall. I throw on some glives, a buff, a long sleeve tee and running tights before heaing out at 5 am for my 5 miles. this used to be a run but now its a walk with some sprinting thrown in for good measure or to protect my vanity. The hardest part of leukemia for me is admitting i cant trust my body anymore. anyway, Thanksgiving always means a local 10k in the morning before we kick off the days festivities. This year I'll be walking as I won't be up to running. It was hard to admit this, but I've finally come to terms with my limitations: I have given up on my goal of a top 10 finish. I'm still struggling with some chemo side effects. The doctors recently started me on prednisone again. I'm having some lunar face effect, but nothing horrible. The worst side effect for me has been the inability to sleep at night. I wake up restless and can't fall back to sleep. I already have enough chemicals coursing through my veins so I'm avoiding any pharmaceutical interventions. But im curious if anyone here has any experience with this? Any suggestions?

• marlene_2007
    10 years ago

iheartgiantschnauzer (hereinafter referred to as IHGS :-) ).....I think you are amazing....absolutely amazing.

I've been wanting to ask how your treatment has been going but didn't want to seem intrusive.

If anyone can beat this horrible disease....it is you!

• 3katz4me
    10 years ago

Iheart - good to hear you are doing what you can do including doing the best you can to accept your limitations. I have learned to do the same, being an above knee amputee. You can't change it so you just have to carry on and enjoy what you can.

I have the sleeping problem - started with menopause but exacerbated by this estrogen blocking medication I'm taking for my second cancer that was diagnosed last year. I used to wake up around 3am and be awake for awhile but not too bad. Now I literally wake up every hour though I usually don't stay awake too long. Unfortunately I haven't found any really good solutions other than pharmaceuticals which I do find work quite well. I don't use them though because of the risk of dependence.

I listen to talk radio programs on my iPhone on an app called Stitcher. That distracts me from thinking about things and I think helps me get back to sleep faster. Sometimes I just have to get up to "clear my head". I get something to drink or go to the bathroom. I have also found myself going to bed literally two hours earlier than I used to, in order to get enough sleep over the course of the night. Otherwise I just can't function at work the next day.

I used to work really long hours sometimes. Fortunately my job doesn't currently require that and hopefully never will again. Because I'm now in bed at a time when I used to still be at my office.....

• iheartgiantschnauzer
    10 years ago

Marlene- you're too kind.

Gibby- good luck with your fight. Thank you for sharing your experience. It's funny the chemo drains my stamina but the steroid doesn't seem to give me any extra energy until the wee hours of the night, even when I adjusted when I took my dose. While I've experienced the weight gain and lunar face, I have never suffered through the restless night with prednisone before. Oh well... This too shall pass.

Pesky- congratulations. That weight loss is amazing! Are you at goal now?

• neetsiepie
    10 years ago

Thanks all-no I'm not yet at goal. I still have a long way to go. But I have a realistic idea of where I will end up. It has taken a long time for me to realize that my body is not ever going to be 'typical' and no matter how hard I try, I will not look like Jennifer Aniston! LoL.

I have a goal that I can once again run. I know it won't be a graceful thing, given the condition of my legs, but if I can plod thru a 10K, I'll be happy. My short term goal is to lose enough to get a knee replacement. That will be the final excuse my ins co will have for not doing it. And to get fit enough that I'm not in constant pain. After that, I want to complete the next 5K walk in the top 10 time group.

I used to be very fit and active, but a lifetime of traumatic injury and the onset of primary lymphedema in my 30's has taken it's toll. I want to reverse as much as I can because I plan to dance my hind end off at the next Def Leppard concert.

• texanjana
    10 years ago

Yay to those who are doing well, and I am sorry to hear about injuries, sleep problems, etc. I value a good nights' sleep so much now since it has become so rare for me. I assume it is menopause.

I am proud to say that despite eating enormous amounts of food including lots of dessert on my trip, I didn't gain any weight. I know it was the huge amount of walking-probably as much as 10 miles on some days! Anyway, since being home I can't seem to get back in the exercise groove. My feet and legs were pretty sore from walking on cobblestones, so that was my excuse last week. This week I am just being lazy. My eating has been pretty good since I got back except for the Mexican food fixes I needed. Oh, and the leftover Halloween candy.

• hhireno
    Original Author
    10 years ago

IHGS,
    Disrupted sleep is just adding insult to injury, isn't it?

This probably isn't your case but I find if I drink more than one glass of wine I wake up at 2:30 am. Every. Single. Time. I haven't done that in months but last night we were at a wine tasting fundraiser. I guess a taste here, a taste there, added up to the amount to make my eyes pop open at 2:37. I thought how odd, I've been sleeping so soundly since being back home in my own bed (after being away most of October). I even thought I haven't had any alcohol, no wait, I did have wine tonight. Curses!

I wish I had some practical advice for you. It certainly won't cure the problem but what about something like a lavender sachet near the bed, the scent is suppose to be calming. Any little thing that might help would be worth a try.

Texanjana,
    Those cobblestones streets are picturesque but so hard on feet and ankles. To quote a famous ad campaign, you need to "just do it" and get back to your exercise routine.

At the gym this morning as I was doing by ab work, I realized the tune playing in my ear was Frank Sinatra singing "I've got you under my skin." Hahaha, that's right abs, I know you're under my skin, deep down, below the layer of flab.

• CLBlakey
    10 years ago

hhireno I don't need the wine to get a 3am run to the lou they occur nightly LOL

I read on line a while back about sleep troubles and one of the comments was if you don't back to sleep in 20 min change rooms not sure why this works but for me it does. I switch to the guest room and poof back to sleep in no time. I hope this trick helps others too.

• iheartgiantschnauzer
    10 years ago

Thanks! I'll try the calming scents; if that fails i will switch rooms. i was up at 3 am this morning cleaning out the refrigerator and making lentil soup.

By the was has anyone here tried the barefoot contessa's lentil soup? I omitted all the olive oil and substitute vegetable stock for the chicken. Then topped with cashew "Parmesan". It was delicious. Very low cal and low fat when you omit the olive oil. Next week I'll have to try the cooking light version posted above.

Lentils, cannelini beans, and chickpeas are so versatile and make it onto our menus several nights a week from cannelini and kale stuffed delicata squash to bean soup to chickpea noodle soup to baked falafel to chickpea piccata to lentil soup or lentil tacos or lentil patties with a chimicurri sauce and on and on... It's amazing how easy it is to take traditional chicken dishes and sub in chickpeas or lentils for ground beef. And deb pearlman aka smitten kitchen has an amazing mushroom bourguignon where you won't even miss the meat. It's easy to make a little healthier as well by reducing some oil or butter while doubling the veggies and sauce. Just thought I'd share in case anyone was looking for a new meatless Monday idea.

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

IHGS, you are amazing. My jaw dropped when you said 5am. Whether you walk or run a 10K, I am just so impressed that you can do it.

• 3katz4me
    10 years ago

Yoga last night with DH - exercise two nights this week - YAY!! I think I have DH convinced to exercise at night on Tues and Thurs as that will keep me motivated to do it rather than hanging around with him doing nothing.

Had 18 month follow up yesterday for my latest cancer - can and exam all clear. Yippee!!

• iheartgiantschnauzer
    10 years ago

Marti- I guess 5 am sounds crazy, but it's something I've been doing since I was a kid. As a kid it was Laps at the pool then in college I began going to the gym and taking classes. In my late 20s and continuing now in the 30s it's running when healthy. No one said the 10k time would be pretty, but I'm hopeful ill be able to finish!

• iheartgiantschnauzer
    10 years ago

Congrats on the clear scans gibby!

• hhireno
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I would toast gibby twice (for her great check-up and getting her husband to exercise with her) but that would just end up waking me at 2:37 am. So instead, I'll give two alcohol free cheers: Hip-hip-horay, hip-hip-horay gibby.