|I didn't know this until our local news mentioned it a few minutes ago.
Did you know if you download a Christmas screen saver (or any screen saver) there's a good chance it contains Malware?
I had been doing this for years, and my last computer finally bit the dust because of Malware and other things, but it was most Malware that was the biggy.
What a shame because there are so many pretty screen savers out there.
MORE ON GARDENWEB...
|Oak, this is a great reminder that we need to protect our systems during the holidays. Jokes, stories and a lot of the chain letters people get have malware too. My husband has worked in the IT industry for years and says the free version of Malwarebytes is very effective in helping to prevent Malware from taking over your system.|
Here is a link that might be useful: Malwarebytes
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here