Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

25th & Carat.....

Faron79
11 years ago

25 years already!!!

Finally buckled-down and bought DW a 1.02cw Diamond.

Sure surprised her!!

She decided to keep it....

;-)

Faron

Comments (14)

• golddust
    11 years ago

Cool, Faron. I got the same thing for Christmas during our 25th year.

• golddust
    11 years ago

One more thing. Is that diamond set with a platinum setting? Hope so. It is the strongest metal and for a diamond that size, it is good insurance against it getting lost...

• blfenton
    11 years ago

Congratulations to you both.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Guys!

Goldy-
    We've both got Gold rings. Neither one of us was ever a "silver-metal" fan. The new rock was to replace her original diamond. It looks beautiful IMO! It's an Ideal-cut.

Faron

• polly929
    11 years ago

How sweet. I am truly not a "material girl" but let me tell you, when DH surprises me with carats (and it's only been 3 times in 20 years- engagement ring, earrings and most recently a diamond watch) I get giddy. It's just a nice feeling to get a little spoiled every so often.

Congrats on 25 years Faron.

• hhireno
    11 years ago

Congratulations Mr & Mrs Faron.

Did you get an anniversary gift?

A few years ago on our 13th anniversary, he bought me a necklace with 13 diamonds and I bought him an ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery. Everyone was happy. I'm not a big jewelry person, I prefer a trip over jewelry, but something about that necklace spoke to me that year.

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

It seems like she's going to keep you, too, LOL! Congrats on 25!

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

Congratulations.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

Congratulations on 25 years! She is a lucky woman!

• teacats
    11 years ago

Wonderful gift!! :)

Many many congratulations -- and here's to many more years to come! :)

Cheers! (and how do you say that in Fargo??? :)

• golddust
    11 years ago

Faron, my ring is gold too. I'm talking about the prongs that hold the big diamond. The prong should be platinum.

• neetsiepie
    11 years ago

Good choice! DH has learned that for me it's diamonds or DeWalt for presents. I'm pretty full up on my power tools now, so I'm thinking he needs to lean toward the other D for the next event.

• maddielee
    11 years ago

Congratulations! Golddust is correct, be sure the prongs are platinum. My mother almost lost a fairly large diamond when a prong of her gold ring caught on something and was pulled away from the diamond.

(plus having platinum prongs may make the stone look even bigger.)

• covingtoncat
    11 years ago

Congrats Faron! My 25th is next year. May I introduce you to Mr. Cat? He could use a few pointers.