Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msrose

Does anyone use Shaklee Basic H2 cleaner?

msrose
12 years ago

I was watching an Oprah rerun recently and her and Dr Oz were talking about some of their favorite things. They mentioned how much they love Basic H2. They didn't say it was a Shaklee product, but that's what I came up with when I googled it. I'm curious to know if it's really a good cleaner or if it's just the idea that it's a nontoxic cleaner.

Comments (8)

• User
    12 years ago

You're correct, it's Shaklee. I have it and use it mainly for my sink and counters so it's never been against anything real crazy. I also have the all purpose cleaner from Seventh Generation but I don't notice any difference in products.

I'm not a germ freak but depending on what I'm dealing with, I find myself wondering if the nontoxic cleaners really get the job done.

I hope others will chime in about it.

• mjsee
    12 years ago

It's a good cleaner. I used to use it--back when I had a friend who was selling Shaklee. I liked their laundry soap as well. She moved away. Now I use Charlie's Soap as Laundry soap--and Mrs. Meyers all purpose cleaner (Basil scent) in varying strengths for counters/floors. Soap and water get things clean. "Antibacterial" stuff generally isn't necessary. When it is (illness in the house) I'll spritz hard surfaces with lysol. Oh--and I use soft-scrub with bleach on toilets/bathtubs/sinks--anything that needs a little extra whitening.

• msrose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Shee - I have the same question about whether nontoxic cleans as well.

Msjee - It's funny you mentioned Mrs. Meyers. I was buying some Tide today and saw Mrs. Meyers (I think that's what it was) a couple of shelves up. I thought about it for a second, but then went with the Tide because it was cheaper. The thing about Basic H2 is it looks like it would actually be cheaper than my normal cleaners since you buy it in the concentrated form.

Does Basic H2 have a fragrance to it? I know it doesn't have to smell good to clean good, but there's just something about the fragrance sometimes that makes you feel like things are really clean.

• luv2look
    12 years ago

It is a great all-purpose cleaner. I have used it for years on countertops,fridge,sinks, and tubs. Because you mix your own spray bottle from concentrate, it also lasts for years. For areas where you are concerned more about antibacterial properties, like toilets, they have Basic G. They are both great cleaners and by using them, you avoid all the fumes, etc. of some of the other cleaners.

• graywings123
    11 years ago

And that's the problem with products from the multi-level marketing companies like Shaklee and Amway. You cannot trust the product endorsements.

I had a very close family member who raved about the Amway vitamins. She claimed they cured a bald spot on her husband's head. But once she stopped selling Amway, she stopped using the products.

• daisychain01
    11 years ago

I'm just trying to picture Oprah cleaning her own bathroom.

• HU-395206781
    last year

Can you use basis H on kitchen cabinets? i was told i could by the distrubitor, but when i googled it i see no use on kitchen caninets, nor on the bottle

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County