Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynn237

Warm slippers??

Lyban zone 4
10 years ago

I am looking for a pair of warm slippers for the cold nights ahead.
Does anyone on here have some they really like.

Could be shearling lined or otherwise, just need some good recommendations.

Thanks

Comments (23)

• juliekcmo
    10 years ago

LL bean
    Wicked Good!

They are :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: LL Bean Wicked Good Slippers

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Just a basic Dearfoams gal here! I get mules which might have a faux trim.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dearfoams mules/clogs

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Acorn--mocs. Cozy and comfy!!!

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

Haflinger! My favorites. If we go to our neighbor's house to watch a game on TV or something, I'll even wear them down the street. They're pricey but they last forever.

Here is a link that might be useful: Slippers

• iheartgiantschnauzer
    10 years ago

Wicked good are pretty good, but I prefer the keen howser slipper. They retail for like 70, but I often find them cheaper (50-60% off) through altrec.com or backcountry.com or sierratradingpost.com

North face also makes a great down bootie billed as camp slipper
    (awesome for winter ski camping in the backcountry) however, I really enjoy them in the enter at our vacation house too.

• deegw
    10 years ago

I love boiled wool slippers - the acorns and haflingers mentioned above. I have keens too. The sole on the keens is substantial so for me they are better for running around the house and not as good for hunkering down on the couch.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

We always went with the minnetonka sheepskin lined moccasins.

• Lyban zone 4
    Original Author
    10 years ago

OK, that gives me many choices. Thank you all for your input.
    Now I am off to look all these up.
    Thanks again

• jakabedy
    10 years ago

I have the Wicked Good slippers. They're very warm and comfy, but don't provide any support or grip and tend to slip around a bit on my feet. Definitely best used when snuggling in and not when trying to do things around the house.

• tishtoshnm Zone 6/NM
    10 years ago

Ooh, I am going to look into those halflingers. I have wanted wool slippers for a while for the breathability. I find that fleece lined houseshoes can get too hot, especially when I am too close to the woodstove.

• kimberlyrkb
    10 years ago

I love the wool Haflingers. Unfortunately my big toe alwaya pokes thru the top of each one within a season. I mend them several times and then finally throw them out. They are too expensive for that so I have begun buying the fake fleece lined suede or faux suede clog slippers at Target. From one end of the price spectrum to the other! But they are very durable, warm and comfy. By the way I love that the Haflinger wool slippers can be tossed into the washer.

• golddust
    10 years ago

Another loyal Haflinger fan here. I have been wearing them for decades. I buy the slip ons with the outdoor soles. I wash them in the washing machine and air dry them. Their arch support is wonderful.

• golddust
    10 years ago

This is my favorite style. Don't buy big as the boiled wool stretches between washes. Generally a size 37, I buy a 36.

• Lyban zone 4
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am surprised that noone mentioned the ugg sheepskin lined slippers.
    Is this just a trend for teenagers or are they worth the money.

• User
    10 years ago

Acorns here.

• nutherokie_gw
    10 years ago

Oops. Somehow wandered over to conversations by accident. I don't think I've ever noticed it before. Interesting stuff! I wanted to pipe in to tout the Uggs.

I'm not really the slipper kind, but we moved to the country and sand burrs seem to find their way even into the house (this probably says more about my housekeeping standards than I should confess). Bought a pair of the Uggs to avoid painful surprises. I think the style was called Coquette. LOVE them! So cozy and comfortable. And relatively cute ... for slippers.

Got them last Christmas and they're still in great shape. The fleece lining is holding up well. I'm definitely not a teenager, alas! And I definitely think they were worth every cent.

• CaroleOH
    10 years ago

Uggs - love them. Run a size smaller than you regularly wear!

• Lyban zone 4
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ok, now I am going to check out the uggs.
    The Ainsley look nice.

• ms-thrifty
    10 years ago

I just ordered these from 6pm. Only 19.99.

• patty_cakes
    10 years ago

My DH was from Minnesota and always wore MukLuks. Said they were the warmest slippers he ever put his feet in. I always wear Dearfoams, but I don't have snow to walk thru.

• sweet_tea_
    10 years ago

My hubby got me some Minnetonka moccasins slippers, shearling lined, last year for Christmas and I love them! I live in the South, but I'm very cold natured. They are toasty and easy to slip on.

• sweet_tea_
    10 years ago

My hubby got me some Minnetonka moccasins slippers, shearling lined, last year for Christmas and I love them! I live in the South, but I'm very cold natured. They are toasty and easy to slip on.

• lynninnewmexico
    10 years ago

Uggs . . . and proven fantastic just last week! Our under the floor radiant heat went out and we were without any heat except solar gain and our 4 fireplaces until the repair guy could come out 7 days later. Living here in the mountains at 6,000 feet above sea level, with all brick floors, those floors got VERY cold! But, our Ugg slippers were a godsend. They, thankfully, kept our feet warm . . . which helped immensely to keep the rest of us warm, too (LOL).
    But, I do like the idea of Goldie's washable slippers and am going to definitely check them out .
    Lynn