Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

have to brag...DS 1 at his new place...

User
9 years ago

They are back in Lexington VA and wow...he is making charcuterie in every spare moment.DIL is doing the desserts and watching grandbaby. They are a busy couple ! Here are two reviews from Trip Advisor in the past 2 days...5*...Maple Hall 1850..check it out if you are in the area. ( proud Mama..please excuse :) )
"A Splendid Meal!"
5 of 5 starsReviewed 4 days ago NEW
Had dinner with friends on Saturday night...It was our first visit!
Two of us ordered the pork loin with savory sausage and cheese bread pudding...WOW!!! Perfect use of herbs and spices! The pork was fantastic!
My husband ordered the duck breast...I think he actually licked his plate!
The atmosphere was just lovely and we had good, friendly service! We will be back again!
So happy to see this magnificent property being used once again! A+

Oh! And the dessert!!! Delicious!

"Just perfect!"
5 of 5 starsReviewed yesterday NEW
We stayed at the beautiful Maple Hall Inn for the first time last weekend while visiting Lexington. Our visit was absolutely perfect with so much warm, welcoming hospitality. Our room was delightfully clean and spacious and we enjoyed a peaceful fall evening sipping complimentary hot cocoa by the glow of the fire in our own fireplace. What a romantic and peaceful evening it was. The breakfast the following morning was a Southern feast fit for royalty. We enjoyed the hearty meal before sadly packing up to depart on the crisp fall morning. We definitely would love to stay here again!

Comments (23)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

That is wonderful! I wish them continued success. Proud mama indeed, as it should be! :)

• funnygirl
    9 years ago

Oh, it sounds perfect!

• funnygirl
    9 years ago

Oh, it sounds perfect!

• Acadiafun
    9 years ago

I want to go there, it sounds amazing! You should be proud. :)

• gsciencechick
    9 years ago

Really sounds fabulous! I miss Virginia! If I still lived there, I could go.

• DLM2000-GW
    9 years ago

If mama doesn't brag, who will??!! It sounds wonderful - wishing them success and good fortune.

• golddust
    9 years ago

I'm so jealous! Our road trip/anniversary celebration has no options for a dinner like your DS offers.

Yes, I am a Foodie who spends hours and hours in the kitchen.

What wonderful news !!!

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Yes, you must brag! Sounds just wonderful and makes me want to go!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Excellent!

• yayagal
    9 years ago

It's more than wonderful to see your child's life turn out they way they wanted. Happy for all of you.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you cyn...we are so glad they are getting such a nice re-welcome to the area.

funnygirl...it is a lot of acreage and they have so many plans...will take a few years but the owner is wonderful and patient so it should work out well. Thank you !

acadia...maybe a road trip ?? Thank you !

gs thank you ! You too need to make a trip back :)

dlm you are right ! We Mom's get special privileges :) Thank you !

gold..I sure wish you could get to VA...you would love it! thank you !

outside...we need a GW bus to pick everyone up and get them to VA ! Definitely a great place especially this time of the year...gorgeous colors . Thank you !

annie...thank you !!

yaya they are so happy to be back...it isn't often we get a second chance like this. Thank you ! c

• jterrilynn
    9 years ago

Hey we are our childrenâÂÂs biggest fans! At least thatâÂÂs what I tell my boys. IâÂÂm glad everyone is so happy and doing well while making others happy while they are at it.

• blfenton
    9 years ago

~I googled the site and the restaurant looks great. The food looks so delicious and beautiful in its presentation.

You should be so proud - brag away. We are our children's biggest and loudest cheerleaders.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thank you jt and bl....I have always told the kids that I would probably embarrass them but that I couldn't stop myself from telling them and others how great they are....I don't think any of us can ever hear too much good about ourselves.

thanks for looking at the site. You can check their facebook too and see lots of picks of his charcuterie and dishes.

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    9 years ago

So happy to read this wonderful report on your DS and family! I know that area well. The drive from Roanoke to Lexington is so gorgeous. If your children can't be close by, then pray that they live in a beautiful place to visit.
    You scored big time! I attended a wedding brunch there years ago. It was charming then. Would love to revisit.
    Great news, trail!
    Marti

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hey Marti...thank you for your post. The drive is indeed beautiful. Do you mean you have been to Maple Hall? What a great coincidence!! I hope you get to re-visit. I will take some pics when I am next up there. Hopefully the kids will be getting into the house they are hoping to purchase..paperwork is taking forever ! c

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

It sounds wonderful! I know it's terribly hard work but it must be so rewarding to create such fare.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you mnt ! Yes they both do work very hard but as you say they are getting really nice response from both their employer and the customers so it is indeed rewarding. Maybe you will be in the area someday...great place to take your kids..lots to see and do and hiking, cycling and of course just visiting the campuses with all their history. c

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

Indeed, it sounds wonderful , how amazing !!

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thank you mitch!! c

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

How exciting Trail! I'm so happy for them. And you can brag all you want. You have good reason too.

• lynninnewmexico
    9 years ago

What great news! I was impressed when I last googled one of their menus and can't wait to see this one. So happy for them So happy for you, too!
    Lynn

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you just and lynn. At present the facebook is the more up to date area to check . They have an ongoing problem with the web page designer...sigh...they are trying to work it out. Thank you for posting. He changes the menu on a nightly basis for the specials. c