Not that I'm a prude
BUT.............

No more naked Barbies !

Here is a link that might be useful: Modest is Hottest

This post was edited by forboystoo on Wed, Oct 16, 13 at 19:40

Comments (18)

• baylorbear
    10 years ago

That is such a clever idea! I will share with my sister and my friends with daughters! Thanks for sharing! :-)

• countryatheart
    10 years ago

When my boys were younger, they and their friends were facinated with the naked barbies of their younger sister. And who really wants that perfect nakedness staring up at them from a toybox. This is such a good idea, although many years too late (thankfully) for our household.

• maddielee
    10 years ago

Nevermind...

ML

This post was edited by maddielee on Wed, Oct 16, 13 at 20:50

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Isn't having naked Barbies a right of passage, LOL? You have to add in hacked haircuts, too.

Anyways, I have a larger doll who has lost her underpants, so I am tempted to draw them on.

• chispa
    10 years ago

I had boys, but most of the naked barbies we saw at friends' houses had more serious problems being limbless or headless!!

• Gracie
    10 years ago

I don't think that mother would approve of what we did with our Barbies fifty years ago. We poked holes in their boobs and stuck their dangling earrings in the holes. Then we danced them around.

• arcy_gw
    10 years ago

What a wonderful idea. Modesty needs to be revisited and applauded. Thank you for fighting the good fight and sharing!

• natesgram
    10 years ago

Mayflowers...LOL!

• kellyeng
    10 years ago

I would probably be more inclined to draw in pubic hair and nipples. The first post of my new blog!

• chispa
    10 years ago

Kelly, maybe a C-section scar and a boob job scar too!!!

• Gracie
    10 years ago

I wonder if Ken got a Speedo, if he's even allowed in her home.

Really, this is the silliest idea I've seen in a long time. It's right up there with Perfect Polly!

Here is a link that might be useful: Perfect Polly infomercial

• tishtoshnm Zone 6/NM
    10 years ago

My issues with Barbie have nothing to do with modesty. I think the swimsuits are rather creative though, but, the shape and form of everything is still the same but I am very glad you posted because the framed TV caught my eye and I am now happily considering the possibilities.

P.S. I think Barbie needs stretch marks.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

That is really cute. My girls, for some reason, never wanted Barbies. They are stuffed animal nuts.

I was aghast one year when one of our nannies bought them a Bratz doll. DH took one look and said it looked like a hooker, and stuffed it into the glove compartment. I think it was still there when we traded in the car.

What i want to know is why Barbie has to walk everywhere on her tiptoes.

• geogirl1
    10 years ago

Oh my. Umm, modesty in public is a good thing. Loving your body as you are is an even better thing. Teaching young girls that they can never be naked, or being naked is bad, or their bodies are something that need to be shielded (even when they are plastic) sends the wrong message, IMHO. Get the nail polish remover out and love your body, and embrace the scars of the wonderful life you have lived.

Sorry, I don't think this is cute at all.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

I don't think a "naked" Barbie extrapolates to anything about naked humans, since naked Barbie is not a naked human and looks nothing like one. My 2 cents

• Gracie
    10 years ago

I agree, geogirl. Yes, the dolls look cute nail-polished and saves you from buying Swimsuit Barbie. But in what world is an unclothed Barbie a problem that needs a solution? I'm not even going to call it "naked" as it's a chunk of plastic with no features that resemble a real human. It boggles the mind that an adult can look at Barbie between outfit changes and feel what, offended? disgusted? concerned? enough to take up the nail polish and paint her. For 50 years, Barbie has been in millions of girls' homes, and I'm quite sure they did not learn immodesty by not putting Barbie into proper attire between play dates.

I can see not liking the body image Barbie represents and refusing to buy it. That's probably a better solution. But another absurdity is that nail polish only covers featureless plastic with a layer of color. She's still naked, she's just purpley or glittery naked. Isn't that how one of Hugh Hefner's Playboy girlfriends got her start? Jumped out of his birthday cake painted gold? I know they make gold nail polish. Don't go giving those girls ideas!

• geogirl1
    10 years ago

May Flowers, you said it much better than I did. :) Buy Barbie, don't buy Barbie, I understand all of that. Paint Barbie so you don't see her naked? Um, no.

• anele_gw
    10 years ago

I'm with you, Geogirl and May Flowers.

Growing up, my mom wouldn't buy me a Barbie. She said I could have one, but she wouldn't use her money for one. When I got one for my b-day (Peaches and Cream!) from a friend, I was really happy. I never thought I should look like her or anything. But, what did bother me most was the guilt/shame that I wanted something my mom thought was "bad."