Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

A Favor . . . Will You Help Out My Friend?

lynninnewmexico
13 years ago

My friend, Marty, is such a creative person . . . and a great gal, too! She's a finalist in her (Ohio) city's online Halloween costume contest this year.

I was totally blown away by her troll costume and all the time she put into the tiny details of it, and was hoping that you might be willing to check out the site (which is sponsored by a local radio station) and if you agree, vote for my friend Marty's costume. The voting is open to everyone and you can vote as many times as you like.

The prize is $500 and, believe me, she could sure use it (for utility bills, etc., not splurges)!

Obviously, the head was borrowed, but she's made most everything else herself with thrift store finds and lots of creative sewing and gluing. Marty, being divorced and an empty nest mom to 3 great guys, is forced to always be frugal . . . but she's also very creative.

Anyhoo, here's a link to the radio station voting site

"Radio's Voting Site"

**BTW, voting is only open un til tomorrow night (Thursday 10/28) at 11:59PM EST

and I'm attaching a larger pic of her below, so that you can see the details of it. She even cut up a pair of old, thrift store boots and added the creepy details herself.

Thanks *so much* for taking the time to even look!!!

Lynn

Marty in her costume ;^D

{{gwi:1523819}}

Comments (28)

• deeinohio
    13 years ago

Wow, Lynne. That is THE most creative costume I've ever seen. I'll check it out and vote. Oh, and BTW, that's one of my local radio stations. I'll be sure to listen to find out who wins!
    Dee

• graywings123
    13 years ago

Cool costume, but what a stupid way to run a contest. Someone could sit at their computer and click votes all day.

• Oakley
    13 years ago

I would have voted for her anyway because it is by far the best. So I voted twice! :)

But I hate these kinds of polls since they can be spammed over and over again. So I'll try to spam it. lol

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

OMgosh, lynn...your friend certainly is creative! She got my vote, too! Good luck, Marty! Jeanne S.

• jennifer_in_kansas
    13 years ago

I voted for her! She really does have the best costume. Very creative.

Jennifer

• OllieJane
    13 years ago

Me too! She deserves to win!

• ttodd
    13 years ago

That is amazing!

• mitchdesj
    13 years ago

I just voted 5 times for Marty, I hope she wins.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

'Watch Out For Trolls' !

She's got my vote Lynn...
    Very creative costume!

jane

• teacats
    13 years ago

Fantastic -- I voted 10 times!

Jan at rosemary Cottage

• golddust
    13 years ago

Wow! I voted 4 times. Great costume!

• yborgal
    13 years ago

WOW!!!! Now that's a costume!!!! I hope she wins!!!

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    13 years ago

I voted for her! But agree that is a stupid way to run a contest.

• terezosa / terriks
    13 years ago

Done X 12

• folkvictorian
    13 years ago

I just voted for her and will go back several more times to vote. Good luck to her -- what an amazing costume!

• lynninnewmexico
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You all are so sweet! A BIG, BIG thank you for your votes . . . and for just taking the time to check out her costume in the first place. I appreciate it and so does Marty. In fact, she's totally floored that so many strangers would care enough to vote for her costume. I told her that it's because she did such a fantastic job creating it . . . and because the gals and guys here on this forum are so darn nice.
    I'll be sure to let you know how the voting went. 11:59PM, this evening, is the cut off for voting.
    Again, thanks for helping out my friend. Marty's such a nice (and very deserving) person and I'm really glad that we could help her out.
    Lynn

• bellaflora
    13 years ago

wow--That's so amazing! I voted for Marty since hers IS the best & most creative.

• lynninnewmexico
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Bella! I think so, too, but feel that everybody had to make up their own mind about it. I can't believe how small those pics on the radio station's site are, though!

I'll let everyone know the results as soon as I hear, on way or another.
    Lynn :~)

• Jamie
    13 years ago

I voted!

Does Marty actually look out through the eyes of the costume, or are her eyes somewhere else?

Did the lampshade woman forget her costume? Maybe that's why they don't enlarge the pics.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

I voted for Marty and sure hope she wins this. Thanks for showing us a larger picture. Her costume is outstanding. I'll be waiting for the results.

Punk

• graywings123
    13 years ago

I went back last night and clicked for a while and a couple just now. It really is a great costume.

• nanny2a
    13 years ago

I clicked several days all week, and now the winner should have been chosen. Did your friend Marty win? She certainly deserved to, her costume was the most original and the most elaborate!

• ms.rose
    13 years ago

This is my first post. I voted approx. 100 times. I think Marty should win!

• golddust
    13 years ago

Wow! ms.rose, I am impressed. I voted about 10 more times last night and thought I was good. LOL!

• tinam61
    13 years ago

Hope she wins!!

tina

• lynninnewmexico
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I've just gotten off the phone with one of the managers at the radio station and . . . Marty did not win. I'm heartbroken for her and, frankly, floored that someone else received more votes. Partially because of all of our help here, but even more so because her costume was really, really good.
    I could only get a thumbnail view of the gal who won, but this is her:
    {{gwi:1442279}}

(Sigh!) Thank you all very, very much for all your efforts, your help and your encouragement. Marty was so incredibly touched yesterday by your kind words. I'm going to link her here to read them herself.
    Many thanks and a hug to each and every one of you!
    Lynn

• golddust
    13 years ago

WHAT!!!??? The contest was very poorly executed. Marty should have won. Someone else just had the time to spam votes. What the heck is this costume, anyway?

• mitchdesj
    13 years ago

It's unfortunate she didn't win but the fact that a person can vote multiple times really makes it all about who can sit all day and keep voting.